Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fish to Potion
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

RE: Fish to Potion

Sure it is nasty. Drink fish juice too much might cause coma, changes are 0.1% or instant death at 0.01%. Evil

wanna try blending fish into juice and drink them irl?

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
09-16-2010 11:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Fish to Potion

Ngjoko Wrote:Just a silly idea:
The fish juice quest starts in amatsu, the NPC is a toothless old granny. As we all know, people in amatsu love to eat fish and sushi, and since she's toothless she can't chew any. She start to say how sad she was and hopes to enjoy the taste of fresh fish once more. Her husband knows her plight and decided to learn the way of fish slicing and juice making, so he asks for our help to bring him a Knife[4] and a Phracon to sharpen it(or a fisherman's dagger to preserve it's freshness and taste) and each fish type along with the empty bottles. He then asks for a fish bottle as a replica or study object. After giving all the items, give all the juice to granny and she'd say that she's happy and liked the taste of the fish juice although it's a bit disgusting to swallow fish like this. As thanks, the grandpa will let us make fish juices with some zeni since they needs the money for the dentist.

I'd change that a little bit. I'd change the Knife [4]??into the Sashimi Sword (something that was actually designed to cut fish into sushi). This way, the useless wind sword that can be gotten from Guild treasures won't be wasted, and there's an annoying little side quest the people who don't have access to treasures would need to do to get it. Not only that,??but he would need Oridecon to sharpen it.

I declare that Fish Juice has a 10% chance to cause you to upchuck on opposing woe guilds! Also, if there was a way to script it, I'd want it to be like the Poe's from Ocarina of Time. Sometimes they help you by healing you, other times, they Hurt you and take away a heart or two.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2010 12:00 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
09-16-2010 11:58 AM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

I'd suppose the variable for healing items can accept negative values.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
09-16-2010 12:23 PM
ZackFireblade Offline

I've never hidden the fact that I am not a fan of fish on heRO...but honestly, this idea would make things WAAAAYY worse!

Part of the problem with fish, is that it severely cheapens the value of sp-restorative items on the server. NPC shops lack blue potions and grapes for a reason: rarity. But fish is way too cheap (seriously, a salmon for 1k giving the sp healing of a blue potion that should be selling around 5k? NOT. SMART. AT ALL!)

So, unless some mass-apocalyptic event occurs at the fishing spots that forces the price of all fish items to more than quintuple (which, by the way GMs, I would be MORE than happy to help in bringing about, if you so wish! Icon_twisted ), I find myself saying an adamant, unmistakable NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to this.

But thanks for offering suggestions anyway, have a nice day! Icon_biggrin

HibikiTheAlchemist:  9x/5x Biochemist
~~Rose:  99 Lif (First homunc on heRO to evolve!)
Hibiki:  95/50 Brewer alt
Rogue Skye: 91/50 Dagger Rogue/Farming alt
Blueberry Poring: 8x Monk
Arrow Chucker: 7x Bard
Shotgun Sinner: 7x Shotgun/Launcher Gunslinger
Rapid Fire Redemption: 7x Revolver/Gatling Gunslinger
09-16-2010 01:18 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

/offtopic

OMG HIBIKI HI

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
09-16-2010 01:21 PM
Navis Offline
Lime in the Coconut

Condensed fish oil pills are good for your health but may have side effects.

This may or may not be on topic.

[Image: maxballs.jpg]
09-17-2010 12:19 AM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

RE: ??Fish to Potion

Zaratus Wrote:Wow, I am surprised this suggestion wasn't made by Split Ends.

Ultima_Pi Wrote:Fish Juice sounds nasty.
09-17-2010 07:48 AM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

RE:??Fish to Potion

Sakurato Wrote:Alchies can brew for a reason.

how many people who brew (pretty much only guild potters are the only people I see brew these days) brew for people outside of their guild?
None.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
09-20-2010 04:52 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

How many people who want potions pay for people to brew?
None.

I'd brew for people if the price was right... you ask me to brew you 5000 ranked c. whites, though, and you'll be paying a decent amount, even if you get me the people needed for twilight.

Or I could sell in a vendor again, but most people don't want to pay a price that makes it worth my time to brew the potions to begin with. Include in that the need to either accept lower success rates (higher price per potion) or pay people to help me brew (higher price per potion) and you get a price that the generally non-optimal population of heRO isn't happy with.

If you want good heal per weight either suck it up and pay a ranked brewer to make c. white for you or farm aloe leaflets. If you want good heal per usage (button press) just suck it up and pay for c. whites. I promise you at the right price you'll get them.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
09-20-2010 06:37 PM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

RE: ??Fish to Potion

Landon Wrote:
Sakurato Wrote:Alchies can brew for a reason.

how many people who brew (pretty much only guild potters are the only people I see brew these days) brew for people outside of their guild?
None.

Shichiro or Gerik, brews for himself and people who aren't his guild, as long as they provide mats...
09-20-2010 06:43 PM