Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fish to Potion
BigBruce Offline
Free and Easy down the road i go.

Fish to Potion

If this a repeated idea please let me know and i'll delete it

Ok, i had an idea,Why not make an NPC that trades fish for potions?

Let's brainstorm

Such as:

1 Guppy for 1 Red Potion

1 Trout for 1 Orange Potion or Grape

1 Bass for 1 Yellow Potion or Grape Juice

1 Salmon for 1 White Potion or Blue Potion

1 Angel Fish for 3 White Potion or 3 Blue Potion

1 Dory + Zeny for 1 Ygg. Seed

1 Nemo + Large Amount of Zeny for 1 Ygg. Berry

I don't PVP/WoE/Fight so i don't know how this will effect your experience.

I know this is a stretch, that's why it's called brainstorming. Give your opinion, and ideas.
---------
Maybe it can be a potion gambler?
Maybe you need a quest to unlock the NPC?
Maybe it can turn potions to fish?
Maybe it can take out the status ailments?
---------
This idea leans in favor of Alchemist and PVP Fighters.
For Alchemists:Alchemists can throw potions, make condensed.
For PVP Fighters: Ignores status ailments

Ngjoko Wrote:Just a silly idea:
The fish juice quest starts in amatsu, the NPC is a toothless old granny. As we all know, people in amatsu love to eat fish and sushi, and since she's toothless she can't chew any. She start to say how sad she was and hopes to enjoy the taste of fresh fish once more. Her husband knows her plight and decided to learn the way of fish slicing and juice making, so he asks for our help to bring him a Knife[4] and a Phracon to sharpen it(or a fisherman's dagger to preserve it's freshness and taste) and each fish type along with the empty bottles. He then asks for a fish bottle as a replica or study object. After giving all the items, give all the juice to granny and she'd say that she's happy and liked the taste of the fish juice although it's a bit disgusting to swallow fish like this. As thanks, the grandpa will let us make fish juices with some zeni since they needs the money for the dentist.

Let me know what you think. Give some ideas, lets make this work.

[Image: Criminysig.png]
"Some men see things as they are and say, why?
I dream of things that never were and say, why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2010 03:11 AM by BigBruce.)
09-15-2010 06:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

RE: Fish to Potion

I think that'd degrade the value of fish and ruin the economy, also make the server imbalance, which is what the GM team is working hard to maintain.

Fish is good stuff with 1 purposely given big drawback, it's weight. Potions weigh less, if i want potions why would i get fishes with high price or try my luck with baits to begin with? Fish devalued, check.

If i can change 1 salmon into 1 blue and 1 white potion, i'd have earned a lot of zeni. Irrc, salmon's market price is almost at 20~24% discount price of white potions, so by turning them into a blue and white, i'd already earned quite a bit from the blues if i don't use them. I vend some blues at 5k once and they sold out pretty fast. Imagine what it'll do to the price of salmon if this is implemented. Economy broken, check. Fish devalued even further, check. Next on the list, GM team will find a new way to sink zeni faster.

Like i said earlier, since potions weigh less, wizards or other classes will hoard the blue potions from the salmon and mutant, instead of the salmon or mutant themselves since it's lighter and can be carried with a higher amount. I think the fish was designed to be rather strong thus to ensure people can't carry lots of it they are made heavy. So, if the players got all those blues at their disposal, they'll hoard the hunting ground longer, finally able to get blues easily for WoE, more people will party with alchemists as expensive SP battery(maybe that's not a bad idea for leeches).

So, i think fishes are fine. But if i really want improvement for those, i'd recommend '*fish* juice'(Mutant Juice, yum!). Just like the fruit juicer, only difference is the NPC only juice fish with the fish itself, an empty bottle, and some zeni. Since the NPC got rid of the scales, bones, internal organs, fins, tail, gill, head, it should weight lighter. Maybe the NPC will trade us a red potion for a guppy and 3~5z, since seriously noone eat guppies and they have the same effects and prices but different weigh. The zeni is a compensation for him for buying the heavy guppies for us. Icon_wink

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
09-15-2010 09:33 AM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

If this was allowed, I think people would fish even more. Since fish have been banned from WoE, I would think more people are willing to trade their fish to get potions to be using in WoE.

Okay, so NPC pots don't heal as much as Ranked pots, but what's the difference when you have so damn many that you can just spam. =\
09-15-2010 12:39 PM
BigBruce Offline
Free and Easy down the road i go.

RE:??Fish to Potion

Ngjoko Wrote:^
What i was going for is, you trade in the fish. Then, you get either healing items OR SP items. This was my drawback, half the usefulness of the fish, and no more status ailments. But now you can use skills (Condensed Potion, Potion Pitcher).

I can see many things i didn't take into account such as, weights, the value of Blue Potions, Fish banned from WoE.

Solution to weights: With the fish going from weight 20 to weight 15 (in pots), you do cut a portion of the fishes by taking HP or SP healing out. So i think this would be balanced with a Zeny price.

Solution to Blue Potions: Either take the SP potions out of the NPC completely or hope the price of Blue Potions goes down once/if the NPC is up (that's risky).

Solution to Fish banned from WoE: I'm not sure about this, that is huge.
Maybe you Fish Juice idea?

I hope i'm making sense

P.S. I really like your Fish Juice idea, i hope to hear more about it

[Image: Criminysig.png]
"Some men see things as they are and say, why?
I dream of things that never were and say, why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw.
09-15-2010 03:57 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

Pretty good idea imo.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
09-15-2010 08:37 PM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

Alchies can brew for a reason.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
09-15-2010 10:34 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Just a silly idea:
The fish juice quest starts in amatsu, the NPC is a toothless old granny. As we all know, people in amatsu love to eat fish and sushi, and since she's toothless she can't chew any. She start to say how sad she was and hopes to enjoy the taste of fresh fish once more. Her husband knows her plight and decided to learn the way of fish slicing and juice making, so he asks for our help to bring him a Knife[4] and a Phracon to sharpen it(or a fisherman's dagger to preserve it's freshness and taste) and each fish type along with the empty bottles. He then asks for a fish bottle as a replica or study object. After giving all the items, give all the juice to granny and she'd say that she's happy and liked the taste of the fish juice although it's a bit disgusting to swallow fish like this. As thanks, the grandpa will let us make fish juices with some zeni since they needs the money for the dentist.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
09-15-2010 10:57 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Sakurato Wrote:Alchies can brew for a reason.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
09-16-2010 08:32 AM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

Wow, I am surprised this suggestion wasn't made by Split Ends.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
09-16-2010 08:36 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Fish Juice sounds nasty.

Sakurato Wrote:Alchies can brew for a reason.

What reason is that?Icon_confusedThinkingQuestion Mark

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
09-16-2010 09:02 AM