Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
main class is sad
{*-Schnitzel-*} Offline

main class is sad

as part of my decision to be more active on forums i decided to make a thread ...again. I have been thinking about the classes i play and wondering why wizz'ing has become so boring to me lately...i mean i didn't even bother to gear him to 99/70, but i digress, i thought about wiz and other classes and found out that to me wizard is one of the worst trans classes in the sense it is barely self sufficient. If played as peppin plays (HP and oc/dc merch only) a HW is confined to the accessibility of party members otherwise its relatively low level farming spots(even though i love rachel sanct.). TBH a supernovice has more options open to it once instacast is acheived as proven by Emerald Weapon. Perhaps my insight is clouded since i do not play many physical characters but aspd tends to be more open in options than magic class. Anything a HW can solo a sin or sniper can do better. Flames and explanations would be appreciated.

PS: bard can double strafe so dont bring in bards are completely dependant upon parties too

-ko'- = 99/70 loser wizard
needlework =98/68 lame priest
-hypertension- = 98/67 pushover sniper
snax =96/63(i think) why did i make this clown
-nobody- 85/42 the one day i'll trans you sage ><
Capt. K'nuckles = 96/66 the most pathetic champion
-tempest- = 95/63 lazy lazy lazy
  YAY IZLDUDE!
09-15-2010 09:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

RE: main class is sad

Ko wrong thread :o?
i think it should be in the whining section :o?

i started as a wiz and hated it 8D
i have 13 chars and i just switch between them as much as i want to :3
Some people prever to gear up one certain char and completly focus on that one char... to me its boring.. i prever slowely getting some gear for all my chars over uber-gearing up one char..

Maybe just play a different char for a while :3?

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
09-15-2010 09:49 AM
F.x Offline
Bob Lawblaw's Law Blog

hey duuuude, long time no talk

yeah wiz suck if u solo, but well geared wiz pwns every other class in a party.

its always good to have one, but dont main it

Fanimus             - Whitesmith
Clowning Around - Clown
09-15-2010 09:54 AM
Krumb Offline
Lazy Cartographer

Wait, what???Wizards can solo farm Ice Titans in Ice Dungeon 3 by the mid 80's, and Hwiz can solo in Nameless 3 and Thors 3 if you have the gears.

While Snipers can probably farm exp faster, Wizards can shutdown groups of monsters and take them out if they have a little space to maneuver.

"Don't be a dick"
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2010 10:47 AM by Krumb.)
09-15-2010 10:45 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

There are plenty of places a Hi Wiz can go.
I mean that, seriously, I bet they can solo the tatacho/centi map just like my prof can, I have a pretty good idea of how also.

I imagine they can solo bradiums if they aren't stupid too.
But I think if you want to solo play a wiz you need to have very fast cast overall on things, and on top of that lots of int. You won't have a much vit as a WoE wiz and shouldn't worry about that anyway.

Glass cannon is a viable playstyle. :D

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-15-2010 11:42 AM
{*-Schnitzel-*} Offline

i didn't put this in whining because i can play my HW and i am more looking for insight which if put in whining section people would most likely avoid. But im talking about from start to finish. I made my second HW from novice to 90HW in about a week and a half just because i knew what to do with only slight sidetracking.
the gearing/funding is what i see as a big problem mostly because all my zenny came from rachel sanct..the slow walk speed already hinders the speed at which you can/mob kill.

ice titans have little to nothing good/gazeti only has ice bow
if u catch a pphb ninetails/dragontails is a great zenny maker or hodremlin
but the potential seems so limited solo it saddens me.

A sub question i suppose is..what classes do you consider to be more skill/gear based in terms of who would perform better pvm/pvp wise.

i consider priest/hp the best mix of this as it requires to a certain extent skill and gear in order to be considered good
hw more skill based because even as a wiz i was preferred over HW simply because i knew how to swap a phen and glove and space my SG's
and gear based is probably champ since theres so much obvious dependancy.(all pvm since i dont pvp yet)

ill edit this if someone suggest that this doesnt belong at all..im just trying to be somewhat active

YAY IZLDUDE!
09-15-2010 11:57 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Well most players do have two characters for a reason.
One for party play, and one for solo play.

Personally Stalker and Prof got me around anywhere I wanted to go, LK just was mostly to try something new to the game.

Mage class is very much about skill, and knowing how to time spells appropriately. They don't need a lot of gear but giving them good gear makes them insanely cool.

Lord Knight is a freaking money dump from hell, you need good weapons along with amazing defense. If you're agi build its a bit cheaper since you won't require as many high end armors, but agi build won't be able to get very far in high end dungeon play where tanking and pulling are your main jobs.

Stalker and Sin are cheap to start off with, but will require a lot of gear down the road if you want to solo anything worth a damn. SD SinX is not cheap if you plan to MvP with it, and Stalker needs horn combo practically to have more than 180aspd. Even worse if you want to play flee tank in some places cause you will need dragon vest/manteau combo or pantie/undie combo with stuff like batho and pasana. NOT CHEAP! Icon_sad

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-15-2010 12:22 PM
Fabre Offline
Novangel

i have 3 mains,
SL-is my solo class, or the class i use when massive damage is needed.
LK-is the class i made for parties, it is pure vit,int and agi.
WS/Fabre-is my social(once lvl 99 novice), class. i use this character to make most of my new friends.

i know that there are 3 kinds of players on heRO, pvp, pvm, social.
and all the combonations of such.??origionally i was only a social player just here to make freinds, but as of recent i have become more of a party based player, and social is still important but i am trying to advance in gear and class profession. so i am spending alot of time on getting partys, getting items, farming, and makeing the classes needed to fill slots in parties,(im so busy all the time). there will most likely never be a hunter/bard/dancer,??sorry if i rambled

"Lady" Fabre, and the house of Luvs.
WS-96, LK-96, SL-97,
Wzd-89, Sge-93, HP-96,
Chmp-90, Rge-94, arch-96,
(@who2 fabre) if you need help with something.
http://www.pandoraonline.net/support/
^short cut,for support ticket^
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2010 02:11 PM by Fabre.)
09-15-2010 02:10 PM
{*-Schnitzel-*} Offline

if u were answering my secondary question ,i dont believe you interpreted my question correctly; i was asking of all the transable classes, which classes do u believe are most reliant upon skill , gear,or combination of skill+gear in order to be considered good in pvp/pvm depending upon which u are experienced with @ fabre

@aaron peppin gets mad at me because of all my alts for this very reason(me playing 6-7 chairs) so im kinda just putting some justification as to why it is necessary for me to play more than just a hw.

EVEN THO PEPPIN HAS 20 SECRET ALTS...i think my constant presence will fade once this thread is over just wanted to familiarize myself with a discussion thanks to all that reply.

YAY IZLDUDE!
09-15-2010 02:42 PM
Fabre Offline
Novangel

well knight/sader are gear heavy required classes, without gear you are useless(general comment), without the right set of gear for ea. job/place/purpose, you are gonna fail pretty hard.

wizard,proffessor,bard(bragislaving)/dancer(same). doesnt need to have any gaer what so ever inorder to do thier job in a party.(get piercing staff for wizard=win)

archers kinda need gear but just mostly a bow, sins mostly only need a good weapon, and rogue(i have one and i cant tell you what they need, really nothing can make them shine, CK,IP, so i guess just a weapon)

now priests, are kinda between things they should have goibnes set for just get you everywhere gear, and should probably have gear for sure. but nothing is real expencive for priest, to make em awesome. ive seen plenty of times a naked priest join a party and still rock.

and these are just some of my opinions, also my first post was just to share what i had for main, and how i play and to include what i am doing with them. i may have misunderstood your first post, but i thought you were just making a point as to your main and wanting to know what others have as thiers.
luvs

"Lady" Fabre, and the house of Luvs.
WS-96, LK-96, SL-97,
Wzd-89, Sge-93, HP-96,
Chmp-90, Rge-94, arch-96,
(@who2 fabre) if you need help with something.
http://www.pandoraonline.net/support/
^short cut,for support ticket^
09-15-2010 07:33 PM