Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Season of Love" idea.
Kit Offline

"Season of Love" idea.

My idea isn't necessarily a valentines thing, but it is related to it...

4 top headgears, and 2 'wings'...

Angel Halo: 4 def, Cute gear that floats above the head of the wearer. reduces damage from angels, increases damage on deamons. Set bonus of ????????? with Saint wings.

Angel Horns: 4 def (spiked headband without the headband part), Cute gear that shows you have a good yet mischievous side. Reduces damage from angels AND demons. (supposedly confuses both, lol). Set bonus of ????????? with Saint wings.

Devil Horns: 4 def (spiked headband without the headband part), Cute gear that shows you walk on the wild side! Reduces damage from demons, and increases damage against angels. Set bonus of ????????? with Sinner wings.

Devil Halo: 4 def (angel halo, but more of a neon-ish red, and tilted to the front and side. Reduces damage from angels AND demons. Set bonus of ????????? with Sinner wings.

Saint Wings: no clue on what they should do, or the set bonus. Icon_razz

Sinner Wings: should do roughly the same thing as its counterpart.

======================================================

Okay, I was thinking of these while I was mowing my lawn... -_-

I thought that it would be kinda cool to have a 'set' of gears that we could quest for, 1/acct, that gave bonuses based on the stats of the user.

for example:
Tim the sage has the following stats: 1 str, 1 agi, 22 vit, 65 int, 99 dex, and 1 luk. He has the Sinner wings, and devil halo.

For every stat Tim has above 70, he gets an ability. I was thinking that the abilities should be unrelated to the stat. We can justify it as "a blessing from angel/demon". Int could give lv3 increased recuperative power or something that would be useful, but not overpowering.

This is all just an idea since I'm neither a spriter nor a scripter.

Ideas/comments welcome so long as it is on topic. I don't want to hear any "this idea sucks" or "this is stupid". I want positive contributions so that this idea may be presented to the GMs in a well-thought-out, and organized manner... Please "quote" sections that you are offering a suggestion on. Please. lol.
09-23-2010 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: "Season of Love" idea.

Hmm Seems like this Idea could possibly be tied into Light vrs dark Stuffs like ToH wings and stuff since they basically do the same thing as their counterparts. Another issue would be, do these modified sprites already exist? Then it's Pandora's decision on if it gets added. If they don't who is going to sprite it? And even then, it's still Pandora's decision.

Your Idea so far focuses mainly on the gears. I'd think something like "The Season of Love" woulda had a Nice story to go along with it. Considering this is for a set, and that set has wings, I'd imagine the quest would be long, annoying and challenging, And divided up into multiple stages. 1 stage for one of the 2 headgears of your allegiance, and 1 stage for the wings of your allegiance.

I'd imagine the saint's wings and angel gears would be trying to help others fall in love sorta like cupid. Sinners wings and Devil gears would be like acting like a whore and trying to destroy their love and get some xXx stuff for Yourself and profit.

"Every time a Bell rings, an Angel gets it's wings~"
09-23-2010 06:07 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

Since when do angels have horns?

Dark gets way worse bonus since lots of demons are leveled on but almost no angels.

Kit Wrote:This is all just an idea since I'm neither a spriter nor a scripter.

This will totally be the main problem. Doubt it will get implemented without somebody volunteering to script and sprite it, therefore breaking heads to improve this is lost time.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
09-23-2010 06:10 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

considering there is already an official halo headgear, I don't think we should add another one unless it's very visually different from the regular. otherwise, cute idea; however, if the quests/quest is even a little bit easy those headgears seem to have a lot of base def from what I've observed of others

this sounds allegiance-related too, I definitely want a Devil's Halo it sounds so adorable <3
Kit Wrote:For every stat Tim has above 70, he gets an ability.
that sounds sort of overpowered, even with low-level skills unrelated to the stat; maybe change that base-70 to a higher number, like 85 or 90

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
09-23-2010 06:11 PM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

The basic concept is really good...
Angelic horns... think Divine Beast, not standard angel.

Would definitely have to buy a GM service for my alt so she can use the Demonic Halo... Same reason as Aedra, but I totally thought that before I read her comments XD

Epic yes to Joe's ideas for the quest...

As for abilities if stats are over xx...
1) make it the combo's effect
2) 70+ is pretty fine, since you're not gonna get over 3 stats above it... just keep the bonuses at lv1, and it should be fine

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
09-23-2010 08:36 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

"This ain't the Garden Of Eden and this Ain't The Summer Of Love"

This forum needed more Blue Oyster Cult.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2010 09:38 PM by Matrim Cauthon Jr.)
09-23-2010 09:38 PM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

We now have an Angelspit guild Mad

Yeah spriting/scripting is gonna be a big prob.. i'm only a bginner spriter but hell no that i can script. (wouldn;t mind trying the sprite work)
But tbh i would love to see more dark/light stuff non ToH related since i CANT applicate to ToH but wanna show off my alliance >:|

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
09-24-2010 12:44 AM
Kit Offline

Again, I thought of this to take my mind off of pushing my lawnmower. That thing has it out for me, I swear. lol.

I would prefer that these be non-ToH, and non-faction so that anyone can get either of the 'sets'. Think of it as a devil-in-disguise sort of thing. if someone wants a cute look, they could get it IF they can do the quest. or possibly vote point them.

The abilities of the gears were just an initial thought.

The reason I went with 70 is because who's honestly gonna have 3 70+ stats as unmodified base-stats?

The Saint would probably try to go the route of "true love" in a quest involving several NPCs, around 8 or so. Only 4 of them are seeking their 'soul mate', and you have to figure out which 2 of them that you're gonna match-up. Do it right, and you're given the next step of the quest. Helping them fall in love. *insert item gathering quest here* (flowers, chocolate, gift boxes, etc...)
The other steps of the quest are for those with greater attention spans. I am drawing a blank...

The Sinner would take more of a seductive match-maker. NPC X is one of the 'fling' npcs and wants to go on a fling with NPC A, one of the true-lovebirds. Find out what NPC A likes/dislikes, then report back to NPC X. *insert item gathering quest here* (probably the same quest, or a 'love spell' ingredient quest. Icon_razz )
The other steps of the quest are for those with greater attention spans. I am drawing a blank...

The reason the gears had the same abilities is so they wouldn't be overpowered/imbalanced, but I see I was a little off-target there. lol.

The abilities I would like, for 70+ stats, would all be passive and good support abilities that the -average- character build for a class wouldn't already get. Like faith or w/e it is from the Crusader that increases max hp/mp, since it would do a Crusader no good to have a copy of their own skill.

Remember, everything I say is only a suggestion on what -could- be done. I have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, which means I have the attention span of about 3 goldfish. /swt
09-24-2010 04:01 PM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

RE:??"Season of Love" idea.

ABlueJelly Wrote:2) 70+ is pretty fine, since you're not gonna get over 3 stats above it... just keep the bonuses at lv1, and it should be fine

*looks at HP's stats*
I have 3 stats above or equal to 77...
09-24-2010 05:14 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

But you're Joy! You screw up the curve! Icon_smile
09-25-2010 12:50 AM