Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
V4P October
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE: V4P October

Well a lot of mage/Acolyte class weapons and other related to those two give +#% MATK as well as INT

Arc Wand as Example +3 Int and +15% MATK.
Balzard +5 Int and +10% MATK

Diary of Great Basil +15% MATK, +50% Damage

Eraser +15% MATK, +3 INT, +2 Dex, Recover SP +8%, 20% SP drain from enemies in 9x9 area.

Byorgue Card [Armor Slotted] +10% ATK +10% MATK. Placed on Hero Wings or Zodiac Wings that's +20% ATK and +20% MATK. (Ya sure other cards you can put into them, but really, its there to be exploited.)

As for the Defense with Dex bonus, really doesn't look that great. +1 Dex gets you what? +1 Hit? 2 Def really doesn't give much either unless you are a character capable of wearing OTHER high Def armor and gears.

Really Paladin may have the best way of making it somewhat OP but only by stacking with a lot of other items.

(Stopped halfway through my search cause there are more that are better)

For the Dex, Combo the Accessory and +2/3 Cards that give Dex and you are getting more from the, already.

Really compared to other items that give the same these aren't that OP at all.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
10-01-2010 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

RE:??V4P October

Kit Wrote:So then, Jens, heRO should be elitist and only benefit the players that can vote every time it comes available???Screw the players that can't???If that were to happen, then I can tell you that a lot of other people would stop voting because it's too much effort to get those gears, which are only available for 30 days, and 1 fairy auction until the cycle completes.

I vote for 2 reasons.??1) I enjoy heRO and, 2) voting for points allows me to get some 'half-decent' gear since I can't just sit all day and farm zeny, mindlessly grind levels, or farm gear.??I don't HAVE all that great gear/cards that makes it a simple matter to go farm things.

Don't cater to the top 5-10% and leave everyone else swinging in the wind...??Some of us have lives outside of RO.

You're getting the wrong idea. I was against the v4p idea from the start. IMO there should be absolutely no reward for voting at all.
And please, don't talk about 'effort' when talking about v4p. It takes almost no time and no actual effort is involved.

Gah, I feel so quixotic (no, I really didn't make that word up)

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
10-01-2010 02:43 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

Kit Wrote:So then, Jens, heRO should be elitist and only benefit the players that can vote every time it comes available???Screw the players that can't???If that were to happen, then I can tell you that a lot of other people would stop voting because it's too much effort to get those gears

This is pretty close to saying that the gms should give away gear to cater the people who cant spend much time online =\ People who can spend more time online playing will usually have the advantage over those that can't. This is the law of online gaming.

I agree with jens that maybe the price should be higher, I found it amazing how quickly i got the points voting once daily and missing some days.

Also kit, all you have to do is vote once a day and in 25 you'll have all the points needed for a headgear =\

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-01-2010 02:43 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

I beg to differ about time put into voting doesn't = effort. I can't vote that often either mainly because of the 12 hour deal. I can get 2 points a day when I have access to the computer. For those with limited access even through the voting we have an incredibly difficult time getting these items. I found the V4P mid/late September and right now only have 20 points.

By the time some people can get the 50 points for the head gear, the month would be over. Cause 25 Days is almost the entire month. Most of us cannot get the items and would have to rely on buying them in game which would also take us a while to get the cash unless the others are good at making Zeny.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
10-01-2010 02:50 PM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

Okay, let's stop this now before it turns into flame because I'm getting kinda angry here.

People whine just at the suggestion that would mean no free (sometimes) OP headgears for them.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2010 02:59 PM by Jens.)
10-01-2010 02:55 PM
Kit Offline

Well, not to be antagonistic, Jens, but you did start the thread to whine about 'free OP items'...
10-01-2010 05:05 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Wow this is actually a fair headgear this month, and its kinda cool.
Glad its not overshadowing other items entirely this time around. Ok

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-01-2010 05:20 PM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

TLDR as to why anything with a +1 Dex and other stuff is OP
Heheh, first off, to the "1 dex not doing anything special", I site the fact that instacast is 150 dex, and ANY dex boost that gives anything extra (like +MATK % (specifically)) is gonna be OP if it isn't a slot that normally has better stuff. The mid slot is usually something random, more for looks that the bonus (I site everyone who wears regular sunglasses).
"But 0.75% isn't much of anything!" True, but it adds up. Even more if you have something that lengthens your cast for uninterruptable. Meteor Storm gets .1 sec faster per dex, and .115 if you've got Orleans on. That's about as high as you should hope your latency ever goes, so, while 1 dex isn't gonna be noticed too much, you aren't getting just 1 dex.
If that isn't enough, realize that the archer-only Binoculars are 1 dex, 1 def. Put in at official, binocs would be completely obsoleted- by an LE gear that any char can use.

Anyways...
Yeah, original is OP, good nerf... Still not sure if I want this one, but that's just because the number of chars I play that can use this right now is 0 (once Attila transes, it'll be 1 unless I get Nobility for the dex or red glasses for the int).

Also: The V4P reward is there because a lot of people won't vote unless they get something out of it.

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
10-02-2010 12:02 PM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

ABlueJelly Wrote:Also: The V4P reward is there because a lot of people won't vote unless they get something out of it.

Yeah, and that's wrong in my eyes. But the worst part is, it works.
I never thought heRO GMs would do something like this, not doing it was something that I valued and appreciated about the server, so you can imagine my great disappointment when it happened.

From my point of view, heRO gained players, gained a highlighted spot, but lost a part of what made it the server it was.

10-02-2010 12:12 PM
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

The fact is, they won't vote because they love heRO. Everyone talks greatly about the server yet is often too lazy to do something to 'give back.' Over the years I've been here I've seen our numbers go from top 20 to bottom 20, not only because people stopped voting, but also because other servers used a 'voting reward' that is much greater then what we offer ourselves.

True, you can not constantly use the "If you can't beat them join them" rule as an excuse for something, but when people where looking for a new server seeing it in the 125th place out of 200 made it look like that this server wasn't even worth any of the hard work the GM's put into creating this place. You think it doesn't matter, but the fact is: it does. People DO go look at top sites for a server to try and DO judge a book by it's cover. So instead of sitting back and complaining about things the way they are, or the way they should be, do something about it. Because before we had the V4P system we had 1-4 votes a day. So, we did something about it and it has obviously worked. So before you say that we lost our integrity because we are trying to find ways to keep the server vibrantly alive, give a valid argument and feedback instead of melodramatic complaints.

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
10-02-2010 01:53 PM