Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eden Group Project - tl;dr ahead
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Eden Group Project - tl;dr ahead

You guys are missing his point entirely.
Our server is STAGNANT, and he is suggesting a way to maybe change that stagnation.

How has our WoE scene been looking recently? Not too good I am guessing and its probably no different than when I was playing last year IN WoE. Same people fighting right?

It takes like a freaking year to finally get anywhere on heRO. Part of this is cause you guys took out the item/kill count turn ins you can do on officials. Most people have turned to midrates...why...cause they done this crap 50 gajillion times before, why do it again if they can't do it kind of at a decent pace. I believe this came up before to upping droprates to 5x but whatever.

Its obvious people here think grinding and hunting items in low level zones for hours and hours on end fun here. Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-02-2010 09:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shikari Offline
Br?

^ that. What I'm saying though is that instead of making the gms go to the trouble of customizing official npcs to just activate the ones we already have

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-02-2010 10:11 AM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

Anyone who's actually got anywhere on a low rate knows that 0-85 isnt the problem. You can get that in a week or two by yourself but the real problem here is 85-99 since NO one does parties.
I've noticed most players get stuck at around 89-9x so its not like helping people get from 0-81 is a hassle. and a buddie beanie and a few ori and free warps is junk compared to some servers that give you free healers and warpers.
The sooner people get over that hump to 85, the sooner they can gear and the sooner they can WoE and PvP which is what the server really needs because the two big guilds in hero are very picky when it comes to recruiting as is.
I liek dis idea, but I doubt the GM's will ever get around to it. At least not in the next year.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
10-02-2010 10:29 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

The gears they'd get from Paradise group would actually help them tons to be able to farm better gear faster.

And our two woe guilds picky about recruitment? What dah hell you smokin'? They are just looking for anyone willing to WoE, that's not very serious requirements. I've been in some super serious WoE servers before and they aren't afraid to kick you out if you won't learn fast from n00b mistakes. x(

10-02-2010 10:41 AM
Landon Offline

You should join RObots and find out...

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
10-02-2010 11:13 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Okay and...there is always Behemoth, BS, Ordo, and KoL to join if RObots happens to not let your butt stay?

Unless they changed policies about who stays in and whose out in RObots recently they were allowing just about anyone who wanted in...in the guild.

10-02-2010 11:40 AM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

For Zeny being easy, BS! I can't make more than 500k through farming a day.

It took me 2 months to get to lv 80 on my Sin and Its taken over a year for me to train my Merchant and Acolyte. I'm finally getting party invites on my Acolyte and Wizard now so they are moving like a little faster, but I'm looking at another month before I can get to 80 on either. And this is with EXP boosting gears.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
10-02-2010 12:09 PM
Landon Offline

RE:??Eden Group Project - tl;dr ahead

Snowhawk Wrote:For Zeny being easy, BS!??I can't make more than 500k through farming a day.

It took me 2 months to get to lv 80 on my Sin and Its taken over a year for me to train my Merchant and Acolyte.??I'm finally getting party invites on my Acolyte and Wizard now so they are moving like a little faster, but I'm looking at another month before I can get to 80 on either.??And this is with EXP boosting gears.

Thats sad.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
10-02-2010 12:58 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

Erm I got my sin to lvl 70 the first time playing a sin on the same day, and I could have kept going but i got bored. (I was using noob agi gears btw).

ALSO i can easily make 3mil in an hour or 2 very easily lol, a little something called mining.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-02-2010 05:05 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

It's aaaall about how much patience and time you have. n_n

If you have zero patience or get bored easily, you're always jumping around doing random shit like me. Sadly in RO this is not effective unless you're just a lucky person.
If you have little time, then you can't devote much effort into something that requires time. Almost everything in RO requires time, unless, again, you're just a lucky person - but this time you just don't get as much exp.

It took me two weeks of firebolting geos to get my mage to a sage... and that was because I got bored easily, and got back on my priest for partying. Later I forced a fellow guildmate into singing songs with me as he bragi'd me. Ah, the good days of singing Skynyrd while I burned plants to death.

The Eden thing actually sounds, y'know, fun. I wouldn't moan and groan and baw and haw at the thought of levelling my merchant anymore, who I can't equip currently because I'm a cheap bastard.

It's not the fact that it's an easy thing to do to level to 85... it's just fucking boring. Players COMPLETELY new to RO could be referred to Eden instead of text-spam NPCs or having to be guided by older players.

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
10-02-2010 05:17 PM