Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question to Non-WoE Players
Merellis Offline
Honor Bound

Question to Non-WoE Players

This is a question I think needs to be asked, as there are a ton of players on this server with no intention of WoEing, or have been interested and stopped trying, or whatever combination of things have kept them from WoEing.

Essentially, I know there are people in this server who would be interested in WoE, or at least getting into the guild dungeons and such, and I am sure there are a few of you with a lot of time playing on the server to gear and level your characters anyway.

So here's the question. What's keeping you from WoEing, and what are some things that would get you interesting in WoE?

[Image: b.png]
Azul 9x/6x Champ
Tagnikzur 9x/6x High Priest
Cornelius 7x/4x SWiz
10-05-2010 03:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE: Question to Non-WoE Players

Mostly because I was never fond of player battling. I'm more the kind of player that prefer partying at various places.

The only thing I'd be interested in is Guild Dungeon access, but I can live without it. There's enough room for exploration in the game.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
10-05-2010 03:25 PM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

two major guilds that made allegiance with the growing guilds and continues to monopolize woe. it's like 2 famous tv stations competing with one another each getting famous actors and actresses from smaller tv stations or something, it's kinda hard to compete if your competitors leads in ... EVERYTHING

BREAD is RAW TOAST

[Image: 375d8dddd0e9143a2869cda6fd81b2d2.jpg]

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
10-05-2010 03:25 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I dun WoE cause the times kinda blow balls for me now and doesn't fit my schedule well anymore.

Ummm I also stopped WoEing cause I was lagging tons in general but some might see this as a poor excuse.

But yah those are the biggest reasons.
Would help if there was different people to fight too. :D

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-05-2010 04:15 PM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

None of my fun really works during WoE (I main a Clown (No KB makes Jelly go something something...) and if I wanted to bragi, I can go *anywhere* for that...), and I have no real PvP gears to make WoE something I can actually assist in.
And that's just for starters.
I've also never been too much of a fan of PvP, since it has a nasty habit of pissing people off, or flaunting that something (or some combination) is broken. Plus, it's very gear-centric, and, as I've stated many times... my gears are quite crap- especially for PvP. PvM, on the other hand, has always seemed (at least to me) to have skill able to make up for a lack of good gears- mostly because the challenges presented aren't given ridiculous bonuses from their gears that you have no hope to match.

Oh, and then there's the fact that Jelly's guild is a bunch of RL friends that are currently on a break from RO (all except me >.> ), and my alternate guild is FoH (which might do WoE once later down the road for "teh lolz").

If the only thing I'm missing out on is the guild dungeon... meh.

EDIT: I guess I should note that, if you wanna loan me the gears for it, and you have at least one person I'm friends with on your side, I'd probably be willing to do it. Probably.

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2010 06:05 PM by ABlueJelly.)
10-05-2010 06:01 PM
Gankz Offline

Because I did quite a bit of it on VisionRO (they're dead, it should be safe to mention the name) and overall I just got way burnt out on it. Between constant BG for WoE materials or better gears...the constant need to mvp to get more gears to overup, and getting yelled at in WoE because for one reason or another you weren't doing your job right, you kinda just get fed up and fail to see the fun in it anymore. I'll still WoE every once in a while when I have a character that isn't going to drop 24/7 to a random 2 second asura, but for the time being I'd just rather not deal with it.

[Image: 2ir9e0i.jpg]
Katsugankz - Spirit Monk to be
10-05-2010 07:53 PM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

Bamboo Squad is recruiting players who are interested in WoE, especially retro WoE.

:D
10-05-2010 07:55 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE:??Question to Non-WoE Players

Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:That's why I support a third castle as I said.

A third castle wouldnt help the problem. You'd still get attacked last minute.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
10-05-2010 08:14 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

I don't like PvP. I only did WoE with Behemoth cause it was required by the guild to attend at least one, and even though I didn't get to do much, it made the guild happy and I was somewhat useful.

Really don't want to join WoE centered Guilds anymore. Its just not fun for me.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
10-05-2010 08:15 PM
Merellis Offline
Honor Bound

I like some of the responses so far, but I am ALSO looking for what would get you to WoE as well. :3

I don't mind responses such as 'I don't like it at all' but I would love some things that would get you into the WoE scene.

[Image: b.png]
Azul 9x/6x Champ
Tagnikzur 9x/6x High Priest
Cornelius 7x/4x SWiz
10-05-2010 08:19 PM