Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Needs @refresh
Navis Offline
Lime in the Coconut

Needs @refresh

We need @refresh position. Good for WoE and PvP and even PvM.
10-06-2010 02:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE: Needs @refresh

Sadly, @refresh does more than just refresh one's position. It also refreshes skill delay, meaning that if hotkeyed, it can just be spammed after a player uses a skill, pretty much removing all delays.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

10-06-2010 02:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

That's a rather odd feature to a pos-lag counter...
Exactly why it does that sounds like the original writer of @refresh was being lazy or dumb Laugh Maybe put some custom anti-pos-lag counter @ command into the long list of things to "Maybe possibly work on if GM Team gets the chance." Pos lag can get really bad here, would be cool if we had a command we could tap when the moonwalking usually starts...

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
10-07-2010 07:55 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

I played a server where @refresh didn't do that o-o;

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-07-2010 08:25 PM
Gankz Offline

@refresh -doesn't- do that. Even if it did there are other ways to have "nodelay" that are for more efficient and are easier to pull off.

[Image: 2ir9e0i.jpg]
Katsugankz - Spirit Monk to be
10-08-2010 01:27 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE:??Needs @refresh

Gankz Wrote:@refresh -doesn't- do that. Even if it did there are other ways to have "nodelay" that are for more efficient and are easier to pull off.

Yes, it does, especially for AV and SB, unless it has been changed in one of the newer SVNs, which we are not on.
It also, to my knowledge, allows you to bypass damage, as it gives you that just logged on/warped immunity, while still standing in front of whatever mob you've been hitting up until now.

Jguy and L0ne_W0lf (ExeA-Admin and Lead EA Dev respectively) both advise that this command is NOT given to players, as it is exploitable, and have publicly posted such.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

10-08-2010 01:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gankz Offline

I've done numerous tests with it to see this "exploitation" in practice, but it never worked. Yes the client still thinks you're "Just logged on", but that's that. If you were to run into a mob of monsters or players and started spamming @refresh, you'd get your ass kicked while the screen was flashing black.

[Image: 2ir9e0i.jpg]
Katsugankz - Spirit Monk to be
10-08-2010 03:06 AM
Navis Offline
Lime in the Coconut

I'm sure I've seen a working-as-intended @refresh command somewhere. I don't know or remember what server. There were no exploitative effects, skill delay reset, nor warp effect. As Gankz said, your screen would just flash black, and you'd still take full damage. Basically, it does what it sounds like - refreshes your client to show you were you actually are, not where you appear to be. It's possible the server was not running on EA, which explains your EA sources' warnings.

A side note - I came upon an interesting tweak that increases responsiveness and reduces position lag:
http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php?t=19534
It's basically adding the TcpAckFrequency and TcpNoDelay D-words to your registry, which is a common tweak for all games. However, if you read the last several pages, some reports claim that the effect is minimal if the server doesn't also have Tcp Delay disabled. I'll give it a test.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2010 05:42 AM by Navis.)
10-08-2010 05:30 AM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

The skill delay refresh should only come in when your delay is animation/aspd based... So unless your AV has bragi or a Kiel card, that skill isn't going to get Pro-DPS status from @refresh.
But anyways, agreed, if it has potential to be exploitable, leave it off the list of good ideas- even though it should work as a client-only thing, so, as Gankz said, the only advantage would be client side, and I could get the same effect with address freezing- which is only a cheat on distributed hosting, which this is not (or, at least, *should not* be... the bandwidth usage is too slow for it).

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
10-08-2010 12:11 PM
Navis Offline
Lime in the Coconut

For those who care, so far the tweak has shown some noticeable differences. Able to swap gears much faster, sprite doesn't get locked in place and jump back when I get hit by mobs, and getting knocked back by Arrow Charge or other skills seems to work better with less sprite stuttering. Will have to see if it helps in WoE.
10-08-2010 01:09 PM