Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WoE Suggestion
Mystic Offline
Legal Assassin

RE:??WoE Suggestion

Navis Wrote:Why does everyone expect to be able to compete and continue comparing themselves to the "two big monopoly guilds" right off the bat? The only reason the two guilds are successful is because of the time the members put into getting their own gear and the effort they put into having the correct builds and enough supplies to WoE. It's not as if Behemoth and Robots suddenly materialized from thin air and was bestowed every +7 gear and card they ever wanted. Their members, and more specifically the leaders, have worked many years for the gear they have now, and it's only due to the leaders' willingness to WoE at all that they have created WoE-oriented guilds. I'm sure if the newer, smaller guilds that wanted to WoE were to stop crying so much and actually start spending some time improving their gear, they'd become just as strong as Behemoth or Robots in the same amount of time it took for the two "monopoly guilds" to come up, if not faster.

You aren't gonna get anywhere if you don't work for it. Stop bitching and expecting to be spoiled without putting your own dedication to it.

Plus. One.

[Image: BeheBanner.jpg]

MysticwarrioR ~ Scholar ~ Behemoth
Waldo Jebediah Oswald ~ Rogue ~ Eorum Nox
10-08-2010 10:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE: WoE Suggestion

That's the exact attitude they're talking about. If you're serious about WoEing, work for it. All I've been seeing so far is whining claiming that it's too hard to catch up to the big guilds and that it's pointless to try.

Hell, I don't even farm for equipment or items for WoE and I do just damn fine myself. Why is it so hard for people to try to "gain traction" in WoE? All you need is any basic semblance of demihuman resist and you'll do fine, provided you know how to play your class offensively/defensively against other players instead of monsters.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
10-08-2010 10:26 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Navis Wrote:Why does everyone expect to be able to compete and continue comparing themselves to the "two big monopoly guilds" right off the bat? The only reason the two guilds are successful or "already in the lead" is because of the time the members put into getting their own gear and the effort they put into having the correct builds and enough supplies to WoE. It's not as if Behemoth and Robots suddenly materialized from thin air and was bestowed every +7 gear and card they ever wanted. Their members, and more specifically the leaders, have worked many years for the gear they have now, and it's only due to the leaders' willingness to WoE at all that they have created WoE-oriented guilds. I'm sure if the newer, smaller guilds that wanted to WoE were to stop crying so much and actually start spending some time improving their gear, they'd become just as strong as Behemoth or Robots in the same amount of time it took for the two "monopoly guilds" to come up, if not faster.

You aren't gonna get anywhere if you don't work for it. Stop bitching and expecting to be spoiled without putting your own dedication to it.

HOLY SH*T.??
Navis just won.??
EVERYTHING.

/gg

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2010 10:38 PM by azurerogue.)
10-08-2010 10:38 PM
azurerogue Offline

I'm actually double posting (normally double posters should be shot) to emphasize. Navis wins. Thread over!

10-08-2010 10:39 PM
Izael Offline
Cantankerous Geriatric

RE: ??WoE Suggestion

azurerogue Wrote:
Navis Wrote:Why does everyone expect to be able to compete and continue comparing themselves to the "two big monopoly guilds" right off the bat? The only reason the two guilds are successful or "already in the lead" is because of the time the members put into getting their own gear and the effort they put into having the correct builds and enough supplies to WoE. It's not as if Behemoth and Robots suddenly materialized from thin air and was bestowed every +7 gear and card they ever wanted. Their members, and more specifically the leaders, have worked many years for the gear they have now, and it's only due to the leaders' willingness to WoE at all that they have created WoE-oriented guilds. I'm sure if the newer, smaller guilds that wanted to WoE were to stop crying so much and actually start spending some time improving their gear, they'd become just as strong as Behemoth or Robots in the same amount of time it took for the two "monopoly guilds" to come up, if not faster.

HOLY SH*T.??
Navis just won.??
EVERYTHING.

/gg

I agree. Navis wins.
10-08-2010 11:31 PM
Merellis Offline
Honor Bound

If anyone disagrees, please bring forth your opinion so Navis can destroy debate it [Image: gar2fy5.gif]

Edit: On the subject of Behemoth and RObots having everything.

Well it's obvious they got it just sitting around, the lazy bums. I mean, no way that they created a guild and worked to gear/level characters. That's too much work. I say the GM's must have given them the items. >:C

Ban Behemoth and RObots, and everyone who LOOKS like they worked hard to get anywhere. Because no one works hard, so THEY MUST HAVE CHEATED!

And while we're at it, get rid of PvP, MvP, Hunting, and any contests, and get rid of Trial of Heroes. You never know, someone could think we were actually competing!

And goodness knows no one wants to do that.

[Image: tomato-1.gif]

[Image: b.png]
Azul 9x/6x Champ
Tagnikzur 9x/6x High Priest
Cornelius 7x/4x SWiz
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2010 11:56 PM by Merellis.)
10-08-2010 11:51 PM
azurerogue Offline

Azul, you told me you were having trouble thinking of a silly enough response. You dirty liar!

Also, hi Izael!

10-08-2010 11:58 PM
SkyStormKuja Offline
The Great Muffin

Heh. My WoE Stalker has standard resists. And I die a lot. Yet, every Sunday, I go back for more slaughter. Why? Because every now and then I get a lucky strip, or a epic kill on someone and I'm like oyayikilledsomeonezletsgoagain!. WoE is fun. See how I put that in bold? It's something I think is lacking viciously in heRO at the moment, which is why so many people don't WoE. They forget that WoE's for enjoyment. I wanted to spam the rest of my post with 'WoE is FUN', but was too lazy to copy and paste.

But, anyway. Everything else useful has been said. Epicness to OP and Navis and others.

[Image: f44qqu.png]
~Anima~ 7x/3x - Champion
Nathaniel Hawkins 9x/6x - Stalker
Sora Sacrificulous 9x/6x - High Priest
SniperAngel 9x/6x - Sniper
10-09-2010 12:14 AM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

+1. well i never said i'm against woe. nor am i against the 2major guilds taking everything. they're just doing their jobs, anything that works as they all say Icon_biggrin
they've been there because they worked hard for it
they're winning cause they deserve it
others hates them cause that's what happens to great things(and LOL i'm not a kiss-ass. just saying the truth)

OT: but seriously, no one wants the famous farming spots to be PK enabled?

BREAD is RAW TOAST

[Image: 375d8dddd0e9143a2869cda6fd81b2d2.jpg]

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
10-09-2010 04:26 AM
Trapper Offline

Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:Why would anyone with half a brain want pk enabled in world maps?
I Would like it u know.Evil
Even if it is for few days or some event.Icon_biggrin

AFK From Game.
10-09-2010 05:14 AM