Poll: Would any of these strike your fancy?
For A) Participation Rewards
Against A) Participation Rewards
For B) Derandomizing Castle Chests
Against B) Derandomizing Castle Chests
For C) A 3rd Castle (Geffen)
Against C) A 3rd Castle (Geffen)
For D) Time-based rewards for holding a castle
Against D) Time-based rewards for holding a castle
For E) WoE 3.0 Time-based WoE with its own time-slot
Against E) WoE 3.0 Time-based WoE with its own time-slot
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WoE Revitalization Poll
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: WoE Revitalization Poll

I've been considering this idea too (package), thanks for your input.

As for BG, Salt is now working on it, and until we have a released version we wont push to have testers (the one on test server is the one I made before eAthena released any but it's full of bugs, Salt will make a mixed version between the official and hero ones). We've had over 10 testers on a few occasion while debugging death zone so I'm confident we can get BG tests done with the current t&d people once we're ready for it, although more are always welcome (send a forum PM to GM-Circe to apply).

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-30-2010 06:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

Xev's points-rewards system thing sounds awesome imo. I'm often stuck as a warper-buffer 'cause I have homework/other crap to do when WoE pops up, and it leaves me hanging in that aspect of actually being in a castle to get tangible rewards. A guild sharing points and rewards would certainly spur me on more.

If a third trans castle isn't implemented I'm going to cry. :D

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
11-30-2010 06:47 PM
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

Warper is another issue with WoE here. Nobody from a guild trying to WoE should have to spare someone to warp. Not all guilds can afford to pay some random to do the job.

Only suggestion for that I'd have aside from an NPC (which would be a pain) would be to allow dual clienting ONLY to registered warpers and ONLY for WoE. Example: Say I was gonna be warping. I'd have to register with the GMs and let them know what IP I'm using. Warp slave would have to be on a dedicated account just for that purpose. Registed warpers would only be allowed to log that char 30 mins prior to WoE and have to log it out as soon as WoE is over. If a guild is allowed to have players warp AND actually WoE it would bring the WoE pop up a tad. Not much but it would give everyone that wants to WoE the opportunity to do so.

An NPC to warp for WoE would be useful if dual clienting warpers couldn't be done. Maybe have the NPC in an inn, not at a town warper. That would force guilds that want to use said warper to have to pay to use the inns. That said keep the npc free. The NPC wouldn't even have to be removed or deactivated as it could also be used to get in GDs and such.

[Image: smokies-sig.png]
12-09-2010 10:20 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

NPC warper is probably the far less messy one out of your 2 suggestions there.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
12-09-2010 10:30 AM
Magellan Offline

I know this is an old thread but on the renewal issue, someone said that "players get bored and need new content to look forward to".

I think you are forgetting a key issue: not everyone plays RO forever, not everyone has been playing RO since forever, and not everyone takes it so seriously.

What I'm trying to say, in a nutshell, is that players come and go, and not all of them actually want to work that hard for all the best content.

New players are always joining. And even though some things changed, they all look for the same basic things upon joining. 6 years ago the content was completely different and much less diverse, but you can't say that no one had anything to look forward to.

On the other hand, players are always quitting, or taking extended breaks. It's a basic rule, I guess. It gets boring. It's pretty damn hard to keep EVERYONE happy ALL the time.

So in summary: if you want renewal just for the "new content" and "to have something to look forward to", maybe it's about time you take a break, enjoy life, play another game, and maybe come back later. If you really can't live without RO then you could start a new completely different char with some sort of unconventional build, and if you've done that already, try the challenge of starting a new account FROM SCRATCH with an anonymous identity without having any friends give you anything and without transfering any gear or zeny. Just like we all did at some point.

~Magellan
And all my other chars too. There's quite a few of them.
04-23-2011 06:21 PM