Poll: Would any of these strike your fancy?
For A) Participation Rewards
Against A) Participation Rewards
For B) Derandomizing Castle Chests
Against B) Derandomizing Castle Chests
For C) A 3rd Castle (Geffen)
Against C) A 3rd Castle (Geffen)
For D) Time-based rewards for holding a castle
Against D) Time-based rewards for holding a castle
For E) WoE 3.0 Time-based WoE with its own time-slot
Against E) WoE 3.0 Time-based WoE with its own time-slot
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WoE Revitalization Poll
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE:??WoE Revitalization Poll

GM-Salt Wrote:For the renewal issue, I think its worth pointing out that we've gotten a lot of new players lately, I've been talking to some of them, and a significant amount of the ones I've talked to said they were on iro before but joined us to get away from renewal which they didn't like. Not everyone wants renewal.

We're not saying you have to have renewal, but what will you do about content for the future? Players will get bored eventually if they do not have new content in which to look forward to. The position private servers will be put in soon is an interesting one, and probably a good one. It's going to weed out a lot of servers. What Nami and I are saying is what do you guys intend to do to not have problems of lack of easy access new content in the future, especially when the new content is built on renewal?

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-16-2010 10:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: WoE Revitalization Poll

I saw "de-randomize chests" and I think I may have actually passed out for a few mintues. Yay!

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-16-2010 11:13 PM
Indra Offline

I honestly think there is a bit of overthinking going on about this all. But maybe we need some unique events that simulate/relate to WoE? The main thing that absolutely needs to be done is to open another castle. The secondary thing is to consider derandomization. Its a highly supported proposal and definitely needs consideration.

As for participation prizes, you have to make new features with the worst possible outcome in mind. People -will- abuse it, they WILL abuse it. They will sit in there and hide, or do something like it, the entire WoE. You can say 'oh target practice', but they'll keep coming, and keep getting points for nothing other than standing there. I wont say it cant be considered, but it has to be built with these thoughts in mind. I suppose making the rewards resource related could have benefits.

For a WoE 3.0...thing, that incorporates a pvp-esqe WoE setting not-so-abusable rewards would be nice I suppose. But it'll have to be something with an ongoing TRIAL basis, where things can be changed/reduced/taken out, as time progresses.
10-16-2010 11:14 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: ??WoE Revitalization Poll

Aaronock Wrote:We're not saying you have to have renewal, but what will you do about content for the future???Players will get bored eventually if they do not have new content in which to look forward to.??The position private servers will be put in soon is an interesting one, and probably a good one.??It's going to weed out a lot of servers.??What Nami and I are saying is what do you guys intend to do to not have problems of lack of easy access new content in the future, especially when the new content is built on renewal?

You're the only one who understands me Icon_cry

Really when the server actually got a plan for the future, and not "we'll sit until eA drops something in our plate for what to do next" people will naturally show up, and when a well rounded amount of people show up to join, woe naturally governs itself. Right now half of us especially those who're here forever are bored as heck because there's nothing to do that has not been done (ok, in case 2 particular GMs want to be technical, all but the last 5 floors of e-tower in the entire server people have beaten it already). New players got no incentive to join if they want to be competitive, so they don't. WoE becomes the same group of people, so even that's 'same old same old'. So even the WoErs are bored, or you have guilds that scatter all over the place except show up for WoE and then you never see them outside of that time slot.

Not always do you need to directly do somoething related to WoE to fix WoE. Likewise, WoE can influence non-WoE matter in the same way. We've been over this before.

Server with no plan of a future goes nowhere. So what's the plan? Do nothing because we aren't getting renewal, and eA isn't coding renewal (cause they got bribed by gravity to work on [censored name server] with the bait of an official license), and everything form this point onward is made for renewal thus we're going to sit out from all of them? Do we want to join renewal race? Are we sitting out of renewal? If we are saying no to renewal, what's future updates going to be like?

While on the topic of woe, what's the plan of BG? I mean the one we can just steal off eA. In the past the reason that I understand is that our stable svn can't handle it. Now we're finally joining the trunk svn party late, and now that our svn is in theory finally compatible. What is the future of BG now? How about that one, none of those 5 options, and something right there for the grabbing, provides new content in the form of equipments, and it's pvp related. Yay?

Someone insert the picture of running onion here.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
10-16-2010 11:25 PM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

[Image: skip.gif]

Namine Wrote:We've been over this before.
10-16-2010 11:49 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

I voted yes for castle chest de-randomization but i've been thinking thats more for the existing WOE population and has nothing to bring new players to WoE. I think all it will do is make a guild choose a castle because they need that particular component for their god-item. And Woe COULD get very boring if the two major guilds decide to subside in different castles.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
10-16-2010 11:54 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 what they said

just would like to point out again how "sitting in WOE gaining rewards" is a total waste of time for people who would like to abuse it because i'm quite sure it is said that the rewards would be WOE-consumable only...

naturally bribing (giving zeny) to people would be out of the question...

-w-
10-17-2010 01:08 AM
Spuznik Offline
Salamander

After reading walls of text for the first page I got board. I say lets try it all, if it doesn't work make something that does

Some one mentioned Valk and I think it's sad that we have to go to a server more about cheating the system then playing RO to have any competition

Another person (or maybe the same one) mentioned not being up to date on maps. I keep checking eA they haven't added it either I would rather HeRO wait for them so it is standardized rather then making their own thing.

WoE 3.0 will help build HeROs WoE population in the long run. sure the rewards shouldn't be great, but they should help get newer guilds to the point where they are willing to go into regular woe

Another thing HeRO could probably implement is a package for people moving here with a guild. That way we may see some more competitive woe guilds moving in and not just have it be a fight between a couple guilds

Basically anything that improves WoE on HeRO is a step in the right direction

Edit:

Upon reading some more its not like its hard to do a idle check the person would have to move around/cast spells for it to work I would imagine.

You can probably find me in game if I'm on by using @who spuz.

Other then that message me here or something, not sure how often I will check it.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2010 06:54 AM by Spuznik.)
10-17-2010 06:51 AM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

Initially, I thought the idea for de-randomized chests was supposed to push people to participate in retro WoE if they ever wanted to complete a god item. Just need to swap through all the different forts to collect the ingredients in general, rather than just sitting in one castle and waiting for them to drop.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
10-17-2010 07:18 AM
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

RE:????WoE Revitalization Poll

Aaronock Wrote:We're not saying you have to have renewal, but what will you do about content for the future???Players will get bored eventually if they do not have new content in which to look forward to.??The position private servers will be put in soon is an interesting one, and probably a good one.??It's going to weed out a lot of servers.??What Nami and I are saying is what do you guys intend to do to not have problems of lack of easy access new content in the future, especially when the new content is built on renewal?
We added custom content in the past, and customized content such as nidhoggur and new world. Why would we stop adding and balancing new content to fit heRO?

Namine Wrote:While on the topic of woe, what's the plan of BG? I mean the one we can just steal off eA. In the past the reason that I understand is that our stable svn can't handle it. Now we're finally joining the trunk svn party late, and now that our svn is in theory finally compatible. What is the future of BG now? How about that one, none of those 5 options, and something right there for the grabbing, provides new content in the form of equipments, and it's pvp related. Yay?
Our Battle Ground is fully customized, planned, coded and bugged. We have new features to release before BG which are more advanced in the process.

Indra Wrote:For a WoE 3.0...thing, that incorporates a pvp-esqe WoE setting not-so-abusable rewards would be nice I suppose.??But it'll have to be something with an ongoing TRIAL basis, where things can be changed/reduced/taken out, as time progresses.??
We are aware of this. It's something that shatters the usual and we want to make sure it would fit well.

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
10-17-2010 09:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply