Poll: Would any of these strike your fancy?
For A) Participation Rewards
Against A) Participation Rewards
For B) Derandomizing Castle Chests
Against B) Derandomizing Castle Chests
For C) A 3rd Castle (Geffen)
Against C) A 3rd Castle (Geffen)
For D) Time-based rewards for holding a castle
Against D) Time-based rewards for holding a castle
For E) WoE 3.0 Time-based WoE with its own time-slot
Against E) WoE 3.0 Time-based WoE with its own time-slot
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WoE Revitalization Poll
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

WoE Revitalization Poll

We are aware that not everyone is happy with the current war scene. However please note that WoE competition is by far the server's aspect that the Staff has the least control over, it's very player-dependant. That being said, we are always looking to improve the server and to this effect, have this list to present to our heroes, you can vote for multiple choices, for/against each idea, if you're neutral or do not intend to WoE please abstain from voting.

A) Participation Rewards

A system of points earned by being within a WoE castle during WoE times, thus participating. Once per minute, during WoE, players within castles would get 1 point (at a fixed time, every 00 seconds of each minute).

Points would later be exchangeable for a prize. So far the following have been suggested but actual prize are not decided please keep that in mind, another poll will come later if the participation rewards are voted favorably.
- 1 Treasure Chest for the player, chosen randomly from the 4 generic chests that do NOT contain God Item ingredient.
- Restorative HP items that work only in WoE (to compensate the lost of supplies, would NOT beat ranked white)
- Restorative SP items that work only in WoE (to compensate the lost of supplies, would NOT beat ranked blue)
- Zeny

Points would cumulative, meaning you can get them every WoE until you have enough for the reward you desire and there would be no participation requirements such as killing players/emperium, players get points just for participating. Novices would be excluded from registering (because of play-dead), there might be a level requirement, but if so it would be reasonable.

B) Derandomizing Trans Castle Chests

Currently all castles have equal chance of yielding any of the 40 treasure chests. It has been suggested multiple times that we change this so that each castle has their own set of chests.

If we keep 2 castles, Prontera Castle would have only chests from the 5 Prontera Castles and Aldebaran Castles (20 chests total), and the Payon/Geffen castle would have chests from the Payon and Geffen castle (20 chest total). While the retro castle would keep a randomization of all 40 chests. If a vote in favor of option C results in the server having 3 castle we will divide the chests between those as evenly as possible.

C) Third Castle (Geffen)

I don't think I need to explain this, an extra castle in trans WoE, currently we have a Prontera and a Payon one open, so the 3rd would be a Geffen castle.

This is to give other guilds a chance to actually hold a castle in the end during some WoEs, or to get a chance at some rewards from the D) option (if added) even if the small guild loses it at the end.

D) Time-based rewards for the Trans Castles

This would be in addition to existing WoE rewards. Basically, guilds who start with a castle OR capture a castle during WoE would be entitled to extra rewards, the amount of which would be decided by how many minutes they hold the castle for during that WoE. This means that a guild that manages to capture a castle but fails to defend it to the end would still get something.

E) WoE 3.0: A fully time-based WoE with its own time-slot and 5 castles

WoE 3.0 includes one time slot to start with. It's possible to add a new time-slot after the feature is released if it's popular. It's completely separate and independant from the regular WoE.

Five castles are opened at a time, and possibly more. The goal is to have smaller group fights, so smaller/new guilds stand a chance. The quantity of opened 3.0 castles would be adjusted later on depending on the attendance.

There are no economy to raise or loose. Castles are time-based only (cumulative during a WoE 3.0), the longer you held it, the higher the rewards.

Castle loots are one-time only, right after the WoE 3.0. There's nothing to rack-up everyday so if a WoE 3.0 occurence is cancelled, it doesn't penalise or favorise any side.

There can be multiple winners for a castle. E.G. a group held it 45 minutes and another one 15 minutes, they will have rewards according to the time held. (We don't want a single group to move to a new caslte after holding it for 31 minutes resulting in that castle being empty for the remaining time of the WoE because no one else could "win it")

Note: The poll is Public with Multiple choices possible.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-11-2010 02:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

RE: WoE Revitalization Poll

Thread moved & opened

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
10-16-2010 02:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

I think Participation rewards are great: that way it gives players some abilities to gain items since not all guild leaders might share their castle spoils.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
10-16-2010 03:39 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

E) sounds more like a pvp automated event (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) than something that fix the current WoE situation, so while it sounds like a good idea to have a pvp event that actually uses woe rulesets, it doesn't help/"fix" woe though. Just wanted to point that part out...

D) So a team that's already dominating, will dominate even more as they have even more prizes and the ones that steal the castle for brief few minutes only have a pat on the back that probably can't pay off the pots consumed anyway... heh.

C) I don't think this fixed anything... we tried 2, 3, and even 4 castles in these years and there's complaints about all the different setups. Seems like the problem isn't related to how many castles there are.

B) I support it just because the difference between standard items and god items are greatly reduced by today's standards compare to standards 4 years ago when we made the random chest approach. Meg is still godly powerful, but the other 3 has dropped down to being pretty but either very specific, or just downright "yup, pretty." God items existed on the server finally and it didn't seem like absolutely overwhelming for the sides with god items.

A) I have no comment on A and personally prefer to hear more about it. Seems like it can be both good and bad depending on the details.

Either way, nice sparkles but can we address fundamental of our server's future as a whole rather than "woe division" and "pvm division"?

Sometimes WoE participation rate can be boosted indirectly though... currently, if a competitive player looks at a server, there's not a lot that makes a player say "I rather be competitive here than Valk iRO", especially now that Yggdrasil server is out for iRO as well getting renewal for all of their servers with all 3rd classes and fully working renewal mechanics, which pservers have proven to fail to accomplish. Even if players put in the effort, what really makes heRO able to compete with iRO's free server or other pservers in terms of having an attractive gaming experience, or reason to play here~?

2 years behind (4 dungeons worth: brasilis, el descartes, bifrost, dewata, and kRO pumps one out every half year) in updates isn't one of them.

Decide now as we are sitting on the edge of renewal updates: is heRO going renewal, or abandoning renewal? If we're getting renewal, then when are we shifting our mechanics over? If we're not getting renewal, what is the GM team going to do in terms of updates since everything from this point onward is designed for renewal by kRO? Are we going to challenge renewal monsters using current mechanics, or do we expect the GM team to customize the hell out of them?

Answers to questions like that, I'm sure all players be it woe participants or not, will like to hear about. It'll affect rather players have motivation to do anything in anticipation to the future, including woe/high end parties/events/invite friends to join in on the woe and all the other fun stuff/whatever.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
10-16-2010 03:46 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

The one I'm against the most is the Rewards option (specially the participation one).

Why?: its easy to abuse, here's how (one method)-

Make a rouge/sin (or stalker/sinx) or get a hide clip.
Get blue potions.
Go to prontera castle, enter, go straight north of the warp.
Hide.
Sp gets low, unhide (unless youre a stalker and are in chase walk).
Use pot, hide again.

I'm against the time based one too (as well as the other) for a second reason:
Quote:Woe is about War. It's not about 'oh I tried so i get something.

If you win you get the castle along with the rewards of the castle, if you lose you know you need to get better, and hopefully you will do better next time.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-16-2010 03:48 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

A) I'm with Shikari. If you can find a way around that particular con, use it!~

B) Do it. :D

C) I'm kind of half-and-half about this one, but it's not like opening another castle will actually manage to hurt someone, will it? Unless a guild tries to conquer all castles and spreads itself too thin, and well - then they kind of deserve it for not being very careful about it. Will definitely seriously consider WoE if Geffen castle is opened, though. Spending the time hunting things for WoE, even for a day, is quite hellishly boring for me, and when I use up all of those consumables in an hour and get nothing out of it, not even a castle... Yeah, Geffen would help out a bit. For me, at least.

D) I like this idea. Perhaps a little bit of EXP for the guild if you capture a castle? Neat.
Namine Wrote:D) So a team that's already dominating, will dominate even more as they have even more prizes and the ones that steal the castle for brief few minutes only have a pat on the back that probably can't pay off the pots consumed anyway... heh.
Maybe it would give the other guilds more incentives not to let the one dominating keep it though. The stuff gained from that few minutes is better than nothing, right?

E) I dunno. It sounds interesting... but I'm leaning more towards what Namine said.

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
10-16-2010 04:13 PM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

I like 3rd castle cause thoough its most likely the major guilds will just get two castles it does allow for more guilds to have a chance at it. Partipation prizes is a bad idea prely for what Shikari said. WoE 3.0 sounds wierd is all i have to say bout that :<

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
10-16-2010 04:17 PM
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

RE:??WoE Revitalization Poll

Shikari Wrote:The one I'm against the most is the Rewards option (specially the participation one).

Why?: its easy to abuse, here's how (one method)-

Make a rouge/sin (or stalker/sinx) or get a hide clip.
Get blue potions.
Go to prontera castle, enter, go straight north of the warp.
Hide.
Sp gets low, unhide (unless youre a stalker and are in chase walk).
Use pot, hide again.
If you feel like hiding in a corner with an hide clip, go for it. Players know others do this and some will do the wandering hunters to kill them for the pleasure of it.

I'd rather hunt an hour than hide one hour to get stuff, especially if I can make it even more reliable exp-wise and item-wise.

Shikari Wrote:I'm against the time based one too (as well as the other) for a second reason:
Quote:Woe is about War. It's not about 'oh I tried so i get something.
If you win you get the castle along with the rewards of the castle, if you lose you know you need to get better, and hopefully you will do better next time.
So you are saying that a castle left with zero economy has something attractive for a whole WoE rather than the last 5 minutes? I'm not quite sure of this.

Namine Wrote:Decide now as we are sitting on the edge of renewal updates: is heRO going renewal, or abandoning renewal? If we're getting renewal, then when are we shifting our mechanics over? If we're not getting renewal, what is the GM team going to do in terms of updates since everything from this point onward is designed for renewal by kRO? Are we going to challenge renewal monsters using current mechanics, or do we expect the GM team to customize the hell out of them?

Answers to questions like that, I'm sure all players be it woe participants or not, will like to hear about. It'll affect rather players have motivation to do anything in anticipation to the future, including woe/high end parties/events/invite friends to join in on the woe and all the other fun stuff/whatever.
From somebody who worked to customize the renewal Nidhoggur monsters, I'm quite surprised by your question.

We are not on the edge of renewal mechanics and possibly very far from it. Until eAthena makes it avaible, it won't even be a question. We are not coding renewal by ourselves.

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
10-16-2010 04:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

I'm for all of the ideas except for the first one. I'm not sure if i'm misunderstanding it but if that rule comes in place that means abunch of players can walk into a castle cloak and hide around in the first room for the whole WoE and get abunch of prizes for doing nothing.

On the other hand im very happy to see that the GMs are trying to improve the WoE scene, ive waited a long time for this and im glad its finally happening! Great ideas they just need to be worked on.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
Vergil Offline
Drooping-Vergil.

I dont even WoE and did not vote but I also disagree on the dominating guild/s getting even more rewards also for the same reasons as the posters above me.

P.S (I might WoE in the later future.)
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2010 04:28 PM by Vergil.)