Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ragnarok World Tournament 2009
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

RE:??Ragnarok World Tournament 2009

Mochi Wrote:I think it's called the RWC, Ragnarok World Championship?

RWC is the official server world comp. USRC is the qualifier for iRO servers. Having participated in USRC and pserv competitions I can fairly say that even the best on heRO are not good enough to compete. There are less than a handful of players that could honestly compete. Even they would be wiped in the first, maybe second round. Look at the results for the last few years of RWC and you'll get a clearer picture.

Competitions and especially the official ones (and pserv clones) are far different than team PvP and even WoE. If you're not familiar with USRC and RWC rules you couldn't possibly understand how different. You're basically handed your pick of 99/60 trans chars (99/70 for certain classes). You aren't allowed overupped weaps or gears. You're only allowed to choose from very specific (basic) gears and cards. There are no marc cards, ED cards, or anything of the sort. It's about players using skills to protect from and prevent status effects. You need to stat to protect against status effects. The second you step out of your team's LP or it's dropped you're boned. It's almost like playing a totally different game.

[Image: smokies-sig.png]
10-26-2010 02:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hexzerg Offline

RE: Ragnarok World Tournament 2009

I was talking about the ratemyserver.net one. I talked to the owner of RMS and she said she would advertise again. Only if there is a server out there that would be willing to host the tournament. So we should lobby Pandora to host the next world tournament!

[Image: anjjie7c.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2010 10:55 PM by hexzerg.)
10-27-2010 10:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply