Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Make a 3rd day of woe for asian/europian
shuning Offline

RE: ??Make a 3rd day of woe for asian/europian

Ellie Wrote:as Sydney started Daylights Savings about a month ago.
~Oh Yea
that's how long i havent been outisde Cry

IGN
Hercules- lvl 95 ME HP [AFK]
Saint Shuning - lvl 95 TU Priest
Shuning - lvl 94 ME HP [Behemoth] Banned
Lord Shuning - lvl 81 Knight [Elixir] Banned

Sing to the Motherland, home of the free,
Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong.
O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people,
To Communism's triumph lead us on!

Long Live the Revolution

[Image: userbar739104.gif]
10-27-2010 09:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hiroishime Offline

RE: Make a 3rd day of woe for asian/europian

well lets drop this lol,
asia has too many timezones, let alone combining AU.
generalizations is always bad, i suppose.

^____________________________^ /derp
10-27-2010 09:37 AM
shuning Offline

its k.. im not against anyone i just want post counts ^.^

~Oh yea 1 more post......

IGN

Long Live the Revolution

10-27-2010 09:39 AM
SkyStormKuja Offline
The Great Muffin

A irrelevant conversation on timezones, how random.

I think, that one will have to consider adding another WoE slot very carefully. Because I'm lazy, I'm not going to scroll back through all that timezone stuff to get to the right post, but someone mentioned that castles might be kept less easily if there are too many WoE's. This might be true, as some people would inadvertently NOT come to WoE because they have their 'own' WoE slot now. Which, in effect, would create less people in WoE.

So, the idea shouldn't be scrapped immediately, but it should be considered very carefully to prevent unbalancing. Think like Blizzard. O=

[Image: f44qqu.png]
~Anima~ 7x/3x - Champion
Nathaniel Hawkins 9x/6x - Stalker
Sora Sacrificulous 9x/6x - High Priest
SniperAngel 9x/6x - Sniper
10-27-2010 11:25 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:??Make a 3rd day of woe for asian/europian

SkyStormKuja Wrote:A irrelevant conversation on timezones, how random.

It was entirely revelent.
It showed that if the GMs accepted the idea, then slapping a time that is good for an Asia/AU or a European county and labeling it a "Euro/Asian WoE Timeslot" because they're "only a couple of hours apart" on it won't work.

The furthest reasonable reaches of both are 10-11 hours apart (counting Australia's current daylight savings), making both sides closer to server time than they are for each other. =\

Inasad
stop doing dickers
10-27-2010 11:41 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Okay, from all of the flaming from this, I would like to ask a question to those outside of the Americas (North and South).

If WoE was timed for you, and only your guild showed up, would you keep on WoE-ing?

We keep speaking as though there is a hyperactive group of international players that are itching to WoE, and we keep listing off groups of people as if we are experts at it all, but I would like to hear from them.

Also point to ponder- if the GM's were dead set that they would only have two castles open (in reference to a few months ago when WoE population during normal times was low-ish, I realize now that they are potentially re-thinking this idea) why would they open up a third castle for even less people to attend?

During normal WoE's there are 20+ people on for Behe, 20+ from Robots, and we'll assume 20+ from other guilds like Ordo, FN, or whatever else if floating around. That's 60 or more people, and yet we are restrained to two castles. If that math is carried over to the international time zone WoE that means the GM's are expecting about 30 people in two separate guilds to fight over that one castle on a weekly basis.

I'm for this idea to be fair to international players, but I just don't see the numbers needed for this. Please do not respond with the, 'but I know x amount of people that would do this' because you aren't them. I would like to hear from them to show that thee are more than four or five people pushing for this.
10-27-2010 01:59 PM
shuning Offline

Adrillf Wrote:If WoE was timed for you, and only your guild showed up, would you keep on WoE-ing?
Hell yea... who doesnt want a free castle? plus we wont be the only guild that shows up. im sure there will be considerable numbers of WOE-HUNGER freaks from USA/CAD guilds who'd stay up just for that.

Adrillf Wrote:We keep speaking as though there is a hyperactive group of international players that are itching to WoE, and we keep listing off groups of people as if we are experts at it all, but I would like to hear from them.
There isnt many of them now, but their numbers will grow once we change the woe time. and even the heRO population

put it this way. there is 24 hrs in a day. and 3 major timezones in the world. why cant we have 3 woes each woe with 1 or 2 castles open (up to the GMs to decide how many castles to open, or we can open 2 during the USA/CAD woe since they got more ppl and 1 castle for the other woes.) and 8 hrs apart in time difference? This way im sure most of the timezone would be able to participate in 2 woes or AT LEAST 1.... so everyone can be happy?

IGN

Long Live the Revolution

10-27-2010 09:45 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Shikari Wrote:Fixable solution catering to everyone imo.

Change Sunday woe to be either saturday or sunday (at a time thats good for EU, Asians, and maybe a couple of NA insomniacs or vampires).

Best of both worlds. We already have wensday WoE which is -generally- at a good time for most people from NA.

best.comment.ever.
wonder why no one really explored this possibility further Thinking

let's say we TRY out at 1 pm saturday server time.
that's 1 AM Sunday for most East and SE Asia, 3 AM-ish sunday for Australia, and around 7 pm saturday for Central Europe.
1 pm on a saturday isn't too inconvenient for NA-ers, is it? (compared to 1 pm on a church/family day?)

or maybe we could try 9 AM saturday server time.
that would still allow for TOH afterwards, and would only mean it's taking a saturday out of NA players' social time rather than a sunday...

or we could even try out 9 pm saturday server time.
this way we could still do early morning saturday TOH, allow most NA-ers to spend most of saturday doing all the other stuff they need to do, and allowing australians to WOE on midday sunday, asians to wake up early sunday, and europeans to stay up extra late saturday...

if the logic behind doing TOH mostly on saturdays was to allow for more people to participate, why isn't the same logic being applied to WOE?

and as for adrillf's comment regarding the numbers, i agree on your notion, but it doesn't mean that it isn't worth a shot. What say we try out an extra time slot and if after 4 weeks attendance isn't up by 25% (or any arbitrary figure), we revert to the old schedule?

hell if WOE was on saturdays, even i might come Oh My God

-w-
10-27-2010 10:52 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

How about people have a life and want to go out on saturdays?

Not that I have one but others might.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
10-28-2010 12:36 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

what's so different between saturdays and sundays?

wouldn't people who supposedly have a life go out on sundays too?

-w-
10-28-2010 02:55 AM