Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Make Ore Downgrading easier..
Powster Offline

Make Ore Downgrading easier..

I think someone told me they talked to a GM about this before and the GM didn't want to change it which doesnt make sense. This is a private server so things should be faster/easier than the real game which a lot of things are. Breaking down thousands of great natures takes WAY to long. Spending hours just to get the great natures broken down into green lives is ridiculous.. 10,000 great natures = around over 5 hours of non stop breaking down of the ores at only 10 at a time. Changing it to a maximum of 100 at a time wouldnt be game breaking at all or anything.. so whats the point of not doing it.

I talked about this before on main and most people disagreed with the change saying its easy but they obviously havent had 10,000 great natures to break down.. Everyone who has more than a few great natures has agreed with me though.. Only being able to break down 10 at a time encourages botting / macroing to complete the task... so legit players lose and cheaters win since the legit players sell them to the macroers and they macro breaking them down to earn guarenteed profit without much risk of being caught as a cheater.
10-27-2010 02:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TPC Offline
I like pie

RE: Make Ore Downgrading easier..

Its already been made easier I believe, it used to be only one at a time. And I think official servers still have one at a time (not 100% certain).

Also considering how much zeny you get from breaking 10k great natures, the time spent isn't that much.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
10-27-2010 06:08 AM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=7600
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=11620

Stop to whine and deal with it. Life isn't fair.

It is already profitable at 1 at a time (aka better to break them down instead of farming more). Converting 1 Great Nature to average 8 Green Lives creates 3100 Zeny per breakdown (1860->4960). Creating Zeny is bad since more created Zeny needs more Zeny sinks. Therefore reducing the number being broken down by making it more of a hassle is actually senseful (as if 10 wasn't sick enough, see below).

To show you once again, you have 10k Great Natures and break them down in 5 hours means gaining 31 mil in 5 hours, means gaining 6.2 mil per hour. This is a pretty awesome. It's boring? So what, as if grinding, fishing, mining, brewing etc etc etc wasn't boring.

Though I have to admit I see more people buying "cheap" Great Natures. This leads me to the suspicion that some of them might be macroing because otherwise it wouldn't be *that* profitable. Therefore a suggestion: More macro checks at ore downgrading.

Edit:
Powsters Wrote:legit players lose and cheaters win
It's always like this until the cheater gets caught, it's nothing special.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2010 06:56 AM by Zaratus.)
10-27-2010 06:55 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

1 really BIG NOTE, no one forced you to use this method to farm and earn zeny in the first place...Ok

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
10-27-2010 06:59 AM
Powster Offline

31million in 5 hours.. but what about all the other time spent killing sleepers that your not including lol?

No one forced me to level on sleepers.. but 1 agi 1 vit build cant level at many places other than there.. You want all monks to play combo then?

Breaking a few down at a time is not that bad.. but after 2000 I doubt you would feel the same even if your earning loads of money. I know MANY people like me who have great natures that they never break down because its to much work.
10-27-2010 07:46 AM
Merellis Offline
Honor Bound

.... But your killing the Sleepers to gain the zeny, and to gain the exp.

I mean, sleeper farming is easy. OI spam, take some sp items, or steal SP from other monsters, go back to town when too much weight. Vend the cards, vend/OC the daggers, and breakdown the Ores to gain a ton of zeny.

If you want to avoid the whole breaking down ordeal, you could even vend them, or just avoid sleepers and attack other things and hope high priced items dropped, at a lower %.

The reason Sleeper Farming is so damn profitable is because the NPC exists and because an OI monk can 1 shot with the right gear and gain a ton of GN to break.

Why not just farm all week and plan a single session of pure ore breaking, or get friends to help by trading them some and getting them back?

[Image: b.png]
Azul 9x/6x Champ
Tagnikzur 9x/6x High Priest
Cornelius 7x/4x SWiz
10-27-2010 11:57 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

My advice would be to break down more often. Or set only a few hundred to break down per run. You don't have to do them all in one 5 hour chunk.
10-27-2010 03:59 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

RE:??Make Ore Downgrading easier..

Powster Wrote:No one forced me to level on sleepers.. but 1 agi 1 vit build cant level at many places other than there.. You want all monks to play combo then?

Breaking a few down at a time is not that bad.. but after 2000 I doubt you would feel the same even if your earning loads of money. I know MANY people like me who have great natures that they never break down because its to much work.

First off: luckily for you on HeRO we have a restatter and you can change your build whenever you would like just as long as you have the money to do it, so go ahead and level with more agi and vit and then reset when you're finally at a point that you like.

Second off: I know MANY people too, but my many live with the way things are and break down ores and make money, unlike your many of people who just have a bunch of junk sitting in storage. Oddly enough my MANY of people also enjoy grinding, farming, and are 99 trans characters because they understand that if you're not willing to put in the time and effort, then you're not going to get the reward.
10-27-2010 06:03 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

meh when we started out, my wife and i broke down GNs 1 at a time and we did not complain about it 1 bit. We met a few fellow ore breakers too and they didn't complain. When the 10 at a time system finally got implemented, we found that we have broke down most of our GNs... Sweat

more and more making zeny in HeRO gets easier, yet people keep on complaining... Sweat

the world doesn't owe you a living...

-w-
10-27-2010 10:18 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

+1

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
10-27-2010 11:13 PM