Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pantie/Undershirt vs. Dragon Vest/Dragon Manteau
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Pantie/Undershirt vs. Dragon Vest/Dragon Manteau

Yes that is his subtle hint.
I can't wait till he comes back able to play regularly again, I miss my DG and Nidhog parties with he (and he's one of the only people with T-chan that I'll go with).

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-30-2010 10:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

1 more agi, 7 more mdef, and 5 more flee, 2 more def
not available for novices

cmiiw, but you don't plan on using frail flee gear for high end dungeons do you?
and if you're using flee sets, why would you worry about mdef and def? Sure the extra agi and 5 flee would be nice, but even without that the pantie-undershirt combo shines easily...

imho go for pantie-undershirt combo, slotted with proper cards they let you get levels so fast when you're making a new character, plus no job restrictions mean you can actually give a perma novice or melee SN proper physical damage output...

regardless of it being rare because nobody really farms them, go with the basic set...

-w-
10-30-2010 10:19 PM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

RE:??Pantie/Undershirt vs. Dragon Vest/Dragon Manteau

The Legendary Joe Wrote:I also beleive that Dragon mant/Vest are trans only regardless of what it actually says can equip it.

For example. Elemental bows (Gale Bow,Burning Bow, Earthen Bow and Freezing Bow) and Orc Archer Bow. None of them say they can be equipped by bard/dancer or archer on the Actual Item. Only Hunter and Rogue. And yet as soon as they hit the level requirement on the item any class that can equip a bow can equip that.

But I'm not entirely sure on that as I've not had the chance to get my grubby mits on the combo yet. If it turns out to be true, that does put a limitation on it that players who are new and probably not going to last on the server will never find.

False. I've equipped the Dragon Mant/Vest combo on my baby Rogue, so it's available to non-trans characters too.

Also, I heard that the latest SvN fixed the elemental bow. Haven't tried it myself, but it's what I hear.
10-30-2010 10:37 PM
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

mahawirasd Wrote:cmiiw, but you don't plan on using frail flee gear for high end dungeons do you?
Although flee fails when you fight most MVPs (or when you mob too much) we actually do use a flee setup in high end dungeons on a stalker (Thanatos, Thor1, Gorge, Nidhoggur). We are not mobbing though.

I would even risk a comment of type 'due to very high dispell ratio in Nidhoggur you don't really want to hold/tank there with a non-flee character' (aside the fact with some party setups you don't need to tank there at all).
mahawirasd Wrote:and if you're using flee sets, why would you worry about mdef and def?
Ah, the incredible mdef gain is the reason for us trying to fully switch to dragon set (while agi/flee bonus is just that - a bonus and it is useful only for particular monsters - say, valk incarnation in Gorge). For example, Rhynchos (or Phyllas) use a lot of magic and magic is un-flee-able. So to properly tank/hold some monsters you need either a devo (which is extremely hard to get) or an ability to withstand some hits you are aware will ignore your flee shield.

Note I am not talking about 99 agi 1 vit configuration. The 99-1 is impossible to use in a high level dungeon, simply because in most interesting dungeons enemies stun you like crazy. In my opinion if you go agi you need at least 30 vit and as good, if not better defenses than a vit character would get - you usually lack hitpoints.

So def and mdef are very important - due to agi gear a char like that will be lacking in hitpoint and def and in stun protection, therefore one needs to squeeze as much elemental resistance and +def/mdef stuff as possible. Between being stunned and SW/StatRec an agi char needs to actually survive - otherwise it is not properly configured for the job/dungeon (note: I am talking about the primary holder, not, say, an agi hunter who is to fire from the distance).

Therefore for us, with our approach and configuration dragon set is far superior to pantie/undershirt - not as much due to agi/flee but due to def/mdef. 2 more def and 7 more mdef is more than a free goat card on your pantie/undershirt :-).

Merellis Wrote:Irx, is that a subtle hint that we should hit that dungeon a lot more?
Well, you know I love it and I need some stuff from it...

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
10-31-2010 05:05 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

As mentioned it's mainly spell resistance, which flee cannot take but with some of the customs around in heRO, flee and decent mdef is not THAT hard to make.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
10-31-2010 04:18 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

@Irx, i understand what you're getting at, but as Nami said, if you wanted Mdef (or elemental resistance for that matter) there are far better options out there Ok

-w-
11-01-2010 02:01 AM