Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bathory Armor?
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

RE:??Bathory Armor?

Firenotes Wrote:Yes, indeed they are worth a ridiculous amount of zenny ^_^

Add in the fact that there is only one that spawns and everyone that sees it kills it, its not an easy mob to consistantly kill without alot of dedication.
They spawn in Geffen Guild Dunegon too...

Aaronock Wrote:Ghostring does not work on regular monster attacks in PvM.
However its use in PvM is to counter big scary moves like Earthquake, you can pretty much tank any EQ in the game with GR and an alice shield.

In WoE its to lessen damage from Acid Demo, Matyr's Reckoning (sacrifice), Asura, and uhhhh other dummies using neutral attacks when elemental options are available to you. Icon_razz

GR is worth a lot since it is very useful, and you can't pop them open from OCA's anymore. :D
Heeeeey... I'm one of those people who use neutral attacks in WoE... D:
11-05-2010 07:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Bathory Armor?

Also I beleive bathory counteracts the Coma status, which puts your SP at zero and your HP at 1.
11-05-2010 09:26 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Bathory neutralizes all of the following:

-Dark Blessing (the real Coma from tarot card or player equipment is not negated. Dark Blessing only hits HP but not SP, unless that's recently changed)

-Dark Breath (a max HP % based attack used by Clock, Dark Shadow and Nidhoggur's Shadow. It'll always display the damage as 9999 regardless of the actual amount. At level 10, Dark Breath deals 100% max HP damage which is essentially death spell.)

-Darkness Breath (Your physical elemental breath for shadow, used by hellishly lots of monsters)

-Soul Strike of Darkness (Loli ruri, especially Banshee and tons of stuff use this red color soul strike)

-Dark Grand Cross (Retribution, Morroc Shadow (Angel), and a good portion of MvPs all use this. Easily a death spell unless you got bathory to negate it from the boss flag users.)

-Dark Cross (Dark version of holy cross, strangely enough whoever uses this also got Dark Grand Cross which is a lot worse anyway.)

-Darkness Jupitel (Looks exactly like Jupitel Thunder but it's actually dark, used by stuff like deviruchi.)

-Energy Drain (Same as blood sucking, most noted by Nepenthes as the HP drain attack that they completely spam with a range that beats even Sniper. Bathory Armor will allow any caster to grind at Nepenthes with absolute ease, just need to worry about centipede larvae then.)

-Blood Sucking (Same as Energy Drain, used by earlier monsters like familiar and Dracula. One of the Morroc Shadow got access to this too.)

-Change Undead (Irxy mentioned this as the green debuff, arguably one of the most damaging debuff in the entire game.)

-Dark Attribute Attack (Just one target physical hit, but usually got a huge multiplier such as 500% or 1000% smash in the face.)

There's some other resisted attacks too by the dark element, such as undead attribute attack, but those are rather rare.

Bathory is essentially the standard armor to use in pvm the moment you want to go somewhere a bit harder than Nameless parties with Necros, and even Nameless can use it very well (especially soloing banshee, in which you use ED or bathory or die a horrible death to soul strike of darkness). It's the armor to use unless stated otherwise (and that otherwise is *usually* pasana.)

Does NOT stop vampire's gift or Hell's Judgment!

Vampire's Gift is actually neutral elemental, even though it seems like an AoE version of Energy Drain. Bathory does not help against it. Hell's Judgment sounds dark element, but Bathory does not help against it because it is neutral as well.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2010 12:16 PM by Namine.)
11-05-2010 09:47 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

OMFG YOU MEAN IT STOPS THAT DRAIN ATTACK THAT...THAT NEPENTHES USES?

*Immediately now farms Mandragora Caps!*

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-05-2010 10:48 AM
Trapper Offline

@Namine.
U Forgot Evil Land.Sweat
I Don't Think Bathory card stops Dark Blessing.
Maybe u Should go to Amonra.
Since it's the Only MVP i know That uses this skill most of the time.Mad

AFK From Game.
11-09-2010 10:04 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

and Pharaoh and Baphomet and Dark Lord. I don't think Dark Blessing changed in this svn to say bathory doesn't prevent it anymore. Usually Amon Ra is better handled with using Pasana though as the chances of dying to flame pillar is significantly higher than dark blessing, due to the low aspd of Amon Ra, you can easily nemo after a dark blessing. He usually can't follow up with an attack fast enough.

I don't know for sure about Evil Land anymore since it did change to race dependent, so I don't know if element allows you to block/absorb the damage. I wasn't really paying attention to bee's evil land last time I fought it cause I was looking at wide soul drain a lot more swt

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-09-2010 10:30 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

I don't think it stops Evil Land anymore. I get hit by Banshee's evil land now.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-09-2010 10:47 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

When Namine and Albus both agree, such a rare occassion obviously means that it's the complete and total truth.

11-09-2010 12:46 PM
Fellhound Offline

So if I ever card an armor for PvM, I should use a Bathory card?

IGN:  Fellhound (usually here)

or     Circus of Values (occasionally)
11-09-2010 04:55 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Bathory is a strong choice.
HP Armors are also nice to have for generalists. ;D

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-09-2010 05:01 PM