Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A litthe help running heRO on ubuntu.
Threx Offline

A litthe help running heRO on ubuntu.

Well, hi. I'm making this post because I consider myself desperate after trying lot of stuff to make heRO run on ubuntu.

I'm trying to run it using Wine, for now it opens normally (after having issues with a blank screen) but when in the login screen it tells me "disconnected from server" or "failed to connect to server", depending of my sclientinfo.xml.

I read in a guide (I think here) that I can fix this with iptables (iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d "IP01" -j DNAT --to "IP02"), but apparently it requires the IP of the server and if I reboot my pc I have to do it again, and I don't want that.

By the way I'm using ubuntu 10.10, and the patcher of the server runs perfectly because it has no more updates after 145.

Hope someone can help me out, sorry if made mistakes writing this.
Have a nice day,
Threx.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2010 04:40 AM by Threx.)
11-05-2010 04:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TPC Offline
I like pie

RE: A litthe help running heRO on ubuntu.

You are probably refering to my guide:
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea...&tid=12183

The "fake" ip has stopped changing for me on reboot, its been quite a while since it stopped doing that. Not sure why, but if its the same for you, you only have to get it once and then you can just run the same iptables command after each reboot and won't have to bother getting the new "fake" ip every time. Leave sclientinfo.xml alone, use the default one that comes in the heRO grf.

I'm still running heRO from linux btw, and it still works fine. So don't give up, its possible to get it to work. I'm gonna send you a PM with some info that might help you further.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2010 12:03 PM by TPC.)
11-05-2010 12:02 PM
Threx Offline

Hello you. First yes, that's one of the guides I've been reading.

Apparently my problem is on the "final step" with the iptables, I read somewhere that I need to redirect the IP to heroserver.bounceme.net but I still can't figure how..

I got this somewhere:

sudo ipfw add fwd heroserver.bounceme.net,6901 tcp from any to *ip*

But I think it doesn't work on linux.

I tried doing this with the iptables:

1 -> iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d 74.54.131.2 -j DNAT --to heroserver.bounceme.net

2 -> iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d 74.54.131.2 -d DNAT --to heroserver.bounceme.net

___
By the way I didn't get very well the step 3 in your guide.. maybe there's my mistake.

But still nothing, I'm still trying stuff so any help is very welcome.
Thanks for posting.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2010 12:12 PM by Threx.)
11-05-2010 12:08 PM
Threx Offline

Hello. I'm sorry for double posting but I want to inform that I figured it out and the topic may be closed. Apologies.
11-06-2010 07:54 AM