Poll: Big Parties:
I don't mind them
I prefer smaller parties (please explain in more detail)
I LOVE them
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I Hate Big Parties!
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

I Hate Big Parties!

I am just curious to know why people dislike large leveling parties. This is an MMORPG (Massively multiplayer online role-playing game) and it's always nice to meet new people and gain some levels while playing. But why do people want the bare minimum for parties. Yes they are efficient but so are big parties. Plus there are bonuses for each added member. I just want to get your input. Why do you not like big parties besides that it's "slow" considering it's still faster than sitting around.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
11-06-2010 11:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zaratus Away
Bastard

RE: I Hate Big Parties!

Because useless leechers who don't pull their weight simply don't deserve being partied.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
11-06-2010 11:21 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Big parties are efficient for like... top tier MVP killing. Generally speaking, everyone already knows what they're supposed to be doing.

Your overall efficiency starts dropping at an insane rate as your party gets bigger for stuff like Nameless/Thors/Poring Island. If you start expanding from the base necessities, you just end up with leechers and morons getting in the way (what Ayantis really wanted to say).

I prefer solo/ultra-small parties 'cause I know I get what I want, and everyone's pulling their weight, because if they don't, the whole party is screwed.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
11-06-2010 11:29 AM
Shikari Offline
Br?

Aslong as I get good exp and I feel like I'm doing something, I'll take any party.

HOWEVER On my priest I prolly wont party with 10 people if I'm the only priest.

Also, although you get bonus per person hitting the mob, the more people there are the less exp each one takes regardless.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
11-06-2010 11:40 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I only like bigger parties if everyone is listening/focused and only if the members aren't trying to get Nameless parties while in a party with me.

My last big party was in Dark Pingus and I lost over 20m EXP trying to help/fix others mistakes.

Also, helps if you know everyone in the party.
11-06-2010 11:42 AM
Ayna Offline
Gypsy Woman

Besides what the top two already said, if I'm priesting I prefer small parties. Big ones of people running all over, ordering buffs when I'm trying my best, and not waiting for me to buff is just too much to handle. I like small parties of friends who know what they're doing. I tend to priest for my friends when they go in Nameless. Tends to be 3-5 people, including me.

[Image: Sig.png]
Ayna || 97/66 Gypsy
Camy || 94/61 High Priest
Hopscotch || 68/37 Alchemist
Constantia || 82/50 Linker
Fauna || 78/48 Dancer
Cicero Barone || Sage-to-be
Locket || Wizard-to-be
11-06-2010 11:45 AM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

I hate being the only priest for a big party. At least half the time when I'm in a big party there are two other priests to help out, but the other half I'm the only one that can heal aside from that one person with heal clip, and no one brought pots (or chooses not to use them). @_@

Generally big parties are hard to manage. If one person doesn't listen to instructions others are bound to follow after them, and then people start dying and it gets very, very frustrating.

Smaller parties are ideal. Easy to manage, everyone is guaranteed to pull their weight, I don't have to scroll in the party menu, better exp, less buff spam in battle log, etc. Smaller parties are usually more fun to me.

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2010 11:52 AM by Incarn.)
11-06-2010 11:50 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

I think Irx did a calculation before for new world that new world tolerates some pretty big parties before the exp divide outweighs the 10% bonus or something. However, as mentioned the bigger the party, the more likely there will be misplays. I prefer party that's only as big as necessary.

Say if it's nameless, then you probably shouldn't need more than 4 people (priest, bragi, wiz, lure. 3 works but if the lure is good, then efficiency will increase quite dramatically), unless of course the intension is to leech friends/guildmates then you just add random people after those 4 core members.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-06-2010 11:50 AM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

More or less what everyone else already said, plus, the bigger the party, the less the chance to get better drops. Especially if you're the one who's doing nearly all of the work, or pulling your weight and the weight of others.
11-06-2010 01:56 PM
Lust Offline
I am Dust :<

Here is my opinions. I think everyone has their personal preferences. Not every party can satisfied your requirements. (And ugh, I don't like mixing the party of serious and just for fun members)

I only know two simple rules.

If I don't mind about items, exp, slow but lively, I'd go for big party. (Safer)

If I'm serious about everything, then I'd go for small party. (You might get scolded a lot /swtIcon_wink

Most of time, I go anything and I'll do my job properly. Who know? The party might be fun after all. :>

Bold - using it most of time
Italic - rarely using it
None - haven't using it

Fornicatio (Lust) - HP 9x/6x
Ira (Wrath) - Champion 8x/5x
Superbia (Pride) - High Swordman 5x/4x
Vanagloria (Vainglory) - Star Gladiator 98/50
Tristitia (Despair) - Whitesmith 9x/6x
Castitas (Chastity) - Sniper 99/70
Temperantia (Temperance) - Assassin Cross 7x/4x
Humilitas (Humility) - High Wizard  9x/5x
Patentia(Patience) - Creator 9x/5x
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2010 02:34 PM by Lust.)
11-06-2010 02:29 PM