Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Looking For Party" Chat Box
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

"Looking For Party" Chat Box

This is purely hypothetical. Would it be possible to have another tab for "Looking for Party" players? That way there is a special area where people can look and not have to spam on main chat.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
11-09-2010 08:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crazylor Offline
For the Homies...

RE: "Looking For Party" Chat Box

This would be great, you could actually physically see who wants a party and form them more easily. + It's annoying have to share air time with main S>, B>, and just general chatter... Either make an area or a chat or both Icon_smile
11-09-2010 08:19 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I say we just make a LF>Party section on forums, or a chat box here on forums for stuff like that *-*

If GM's knew how to make tabs for chats, I think they'd have done it by now.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-09-2010 08:35 AM
Rankin Offline
Durp

Its been brought up several times, general answer is it's a pain to do so don't expect it
11-09-2010 08:35 AM
Cassandra Offline
Lost

i think, the easiest is to find a general area in town, and sit there with a merchie chat box saying LFP> dungeon, and post in it.

Cassie-Assasin Cross 99
McGuyver-Creator 98
Eralia-High Priest 99
11-09-2010 12:15 PM
Asakuranami Offline
Art provider for heRO

That's too bad, it would have been very nice to separate that from main. It's kinda dificult reading true comments among all the B>, S>, PC>, LFP> stuff xDUU

Anyway maybe making a tab is a pain, but making a section in the forums, as Aaronock said, is easier isn't it? And people could tell a bit about themselves as players (like advertising themselves, so to speak) so that parties can choose the one they are precisely looking for. Heck, we could even make a mercenary system! XD Players who offer themselves to help parties in exchange of zeny or some kind of item ~

[Image: randomimages.pl?username=Asakura92]

Art shop -> Kura's Art shop (bribe shop)
Timezone: GMT+1 (+6 server hour)
(Yes, the signature changes every time you refresh the page ~)
11-09-2010 12:16 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

Asakuranami Wrote:Heck, we could even make a mercenary system! XD Players who offer themselves to help parties in exchange of zeny or some kind of item ~
The people who you would want to be in a party (because they are that good that it would be worth paying for) usually you can't buy for Zeny.

I am too lazy to find the oh so many old threads about new channels/tabs, we should sticky one of them >_>

If you want to party, the best way is to create a party yourself and find the members for it instead of yelling "___ need Party to ____ PM me". Few reactions on that usually while if you're saying whom you need named bored persons *might* PM you while they won't if you say "nid party pls".

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
11-09-2010 12:38 PM
Asakuranami Offline
Art provider for heRO

RE:??"Looking For Party" Chat Box

Zaratus Wrote:The people who you would want to be in a party (because they are that good that it would be worth paying for) usually you can't buy for Zeny.

Not always. Just look at main, there are many people who ask for a particular level job class so they all can get exp. Not everyone is interested in i.e.: super high leveled 99 uber wizards.

Also, with limited skill points as we all have, people has to distribute them in the skills they prefer, so even in the same job class there are many variations. I do think people could advertise themselves just fine on a new forum section, and I also think we could try the mercenary system xD Maybe it doesn't work, but at least it would be fun Ok

[Image: randomimages.pl?username=Asakura92]

Art shop -> Kura's Art shop (bribe shop)
Timezone: GMT+1 (+6 server hour)
(Yes, the signature changes every time you refresh the page ~)
11-09-2010 12:49 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

What Aya meant is that anything that's not made as a leech, cannot be bought as a party member. There are accounts of heal slaving and so on, but heRO is actually pretty easy to earn zeny fast that priests don't need to rely on that for zeny.

Also, party members that you "buy" on main, you do run the risk that they are not as awesome as they claim and may not be worth the price. When you attach a price for hiring party members, especially for high end dungeon, they may not be up for the challenge yet they will claim to do so in order to get that zeny payment. (It may happen without zeny too of course, but at least they have less incentive to do so. They don't want to randomly venture to high end dungeon only to lose exp continuously either if there's no zeny.)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-09-2010 12:54 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

I love how Nami understands what I mean.

I remember occasions where people offered Zeny for bragi bards, but they did that over like 2 hours and apparently nobody responded.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
11-09-2010 02:03 PM