Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Critsin
Babolat3216 Offline
Geek in the Pink

Critsin

So I wanna be a Critsin, and I asked around and found out that almost nobody uses Critsins anymore. I have no idea why, but I still wanna be one. It's probably coz the last time I played was in Philippine RO in the Juno era so yeah im kinda outdated lol. So how do I make a good one? I don't know the item sets anymore lol. Still the Triple Crit Jur? And why did it get phased out?
11-19-2010 07:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mulberry Away
dreamweaver

RE: Critsin

I don't think crit sins changed all that much, so you can still do the luk/triple crit jur if you'd like. It's still pretty effective.

They got phased out because now everyone just uses darned ice picks. xP Personally, I'm crazy, and I just go with a str/agi build, but yeah, crit is still definitely possible.

[heroine of the light][perpetually squishy]
Mulberry | Rozelle | Tearose | Bluet | Nagisa | Puffles
[snow song]
11-19-2010 07:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Well its not that crit got phased out, its just that you really don't need a single point of luck to get near max crit on a katar sin.??Triple crit jur is a good starting katar on the way for crit, later try to pick up some of those +% when critting cards for all the various races so you can do more damage with your criticals.

Its definitely a very gimmicky build however on top of that, with grimtooth you can mob so much stuff and then kill it, and with crit, well, you are stuck to one vs one.

But if it means much, I can switch my sin I have from her str/agi/dex build to crit for some fun using these gears:

Eyeball Rings with Kobold: Eyeball ring gives +2 crit and 25 sp with each
Sunflower Hairpin: +5 crit upper headgear
+8 Triple Crit Jur: The obvious thing you need

And seriously, that's it, that'll get you a written 41 crit, which as katar sins doubles to 82.??I mean if you really care after that for more crit, you can always get some luck, or change to morri set for like two more crit heh.??Honestly, I don't think its worth the trouble of trying to buy the mant for the set since they hardly are ever on sale again lately.??

Anyway about the ice pick comment...not everyone has an ice pick here like they do on iRO. Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-19-2010 07:49 AM
Mulberry Away
dreamweaver

RE:??Critsin

Aaronock Wrote:?Anyway about the ice pick comment...not everyone has an ice pick here like they do on iRO. Icon_razz

Definitely not, but I assume that doesn't mean they're not very much wanted. I just got sick of seeing them and being forced into getting one after being on iRO for so long. D:

[heroine of the light][perpetually squishy]
Mulberry | Rozelle | Tearose | Bluet | Nagisa | Puffles
[snow song]
11-19-2010 08:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hiroishime Offline

3 SS cards for 24 crit
2 thief ring for 20 crit.

thats 88crit there :D

^____________________________^ /derp
11-19-2010 08:47 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Personally if you have to use crit, I'll strongly prefer that you try to get your crit *without* using soldier skeleton cards, because you will crit more but your damage is so much lower compare to having racial % cards that your damage overall is still lower. I'll rather plan out the build using just stats and gears excluding using weapon cards, so that way you can use "normal weapons" in case you want to switch out of crit sin, your weapon investment is not wasted.

Of course fully dedicated crit sin will probably want a racial-crit card weapon series. Thankfully those cards are usually easy to pick off due to low demand. The jurs will probably cost more than the racial crit cards.

Don't forget that now there's easy access to crit food via one of the new world quests along with insane PD boost.

It's just pointless to crit if every hit after crit is only 200 dmg while your normal attacks without crit can still do say 300 dmg each hit.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2010 11:19 AM by Namine.)
11-19-2010 11:19 AM
Hiroishime Offline

personally, i feel you'd prolly quit halfway if youre going for pure crit sin.
its slow and boring when all you do is click and alttab.

i would reccomend using normal GT build for levelling, grab equip for crit whenever u feel bored and feels like watching red box pew pew pew on your screen.

^____________________________^ /derp
11-19-2010 11:46 AM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Babolat3216 Wrote:So I wanna be a Critsin, and I asked around and found out that almost nobody uses Critsins anymore.

I use to play a crit sin when i started playing RO 5 years ago.
With the way things have progressed it looks like this:
-Grimtooth mobbing is more efficient and faster lvling than crit sin
-Sins arent highly valued in parties for the most part so solo lvling is most common
-when your a sinx SBK is much more valuable in parties compared to crit sinx or even SB/GT builds.
-Crit sins suck for PVP/WoE, even the best are inferior to the EDP SB/GT build which is most common in WoE Sinx's.
-Crit sins lose most of their value the longer a server has been around since one of the things they do best is emp breaking. The longer a server has been around the more rares, ice pick is one of these rares. A sinx with an ice pick will break emperiums faster than a sinx in crit build. Same goes for sin's in non-trans WoE. You might think a sin/sinx in crit build with an ice pick would be best then but then they lose most survivability and killing ability if theyre in crit build.

Crit sins arent the best option for most players as there is often another build which is more efficient at what they want to perform best at.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2010 05:01 PM by thecursed.)
11-19-2010 02:56 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE:??Critsin

Hiroishime Wrote:personally, i feel you'd prolly quit halfway if youre going for pure crit sin.
its slow and boring when all you do is click and alttab.

i would reccomend using normal GT build for levelling, grab equip for crit whenever u feel bored and feels like watching red box pew pew pew on your screen.

Yah pretty much this.
You and I share a lot of similar views I've noticed Chard. Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-19-2010 03:09 PM
timlycan Offline
Fallen Champion

I have a friend who went 99 str 99 Agi and the rest to vit
He had trip crit jur
and morrigaine's set and he would crit all the time
he also had an armor with a card in it that will give you 1 luk per 18 agi?

his sonic blow was laughable though not that he needed to use it at all since his play was basically point and click

Timothy - 99/70 Champion
Tim_DMD - 93/43 Creator
Tyryn - 99/70 Sniper
Touya - 93/61 Minstrel
Trade - 71/39 Blacksmith Vendor
11-19-2010 05:36 PM