Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cooldown on Separate Guild Skills
Amara Offline
Head Beast!

Cooldown on Separate Guild Skills

It would be nice if the guild skills didn't have a 5 minute cool down in relation to emergency recall. It stinks that we have these skills like regeneration and battle orders and other things that could be neat to use in WoE, but because of the cool down, they're never used. I don't think its wise to sacrifice the chance to use a recall for these other skills.

I'd suggest removing the cool down on guild skills in relation to recall. This way, you would still have the strategic choices of what guild skill you would use to buff your guild up, yet not lose the chance to recall if needed. I understand the way it is now is intended to make you choose when to use other skill strategically at times you don't need to recall. I think these skills would get used more in a beneficial way if they didn't affect when you could recall, though.

Alts and Stuff: Amara, Lenala, Jenarra, Korana, Nanna, Navara, Valara, Terrana, Arana, Liara
11-19-2010 10:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE: Cooldown on Separate Guild Skills

Personally think it would be broken. You could recall and then battle orders and you have your whole guild (in the extreme case 20-30 players) with +5 str dex and int. Thats an additional 300 stat points added to your guild if you have 20 on map after recall. The Battle Orders skill can be useful but over powered when combo'd with recall in my opinion. Not only do you have a huge stat bonus if your guild is on the large side but you also have all your players united and at their strongest. This is just one example of doing combos with guild skills, they all share the same cool down because seperate cool downs for each skill would be broken.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2010 01:52 AM by thecursed.)
11-20-2010 01:50 AM
Amara Offline
Head Beast!

That is not the change I was suggesting. I probably explained it poorly. Recall itself would remain unchanged. It'd have the 5 minute cooldown after as normal, during which you could cast no guild skills. Each skill would also have the 5 minute cooldown in association with each other. So you couldn't cast Battle Orders and Regeneration one right after the other (just like you cannot now).

The change I'm talking about would be when you cast one of the other skills, you are allowed to do recall without the 5 minute cooldown. All other cooldowns would stay the same. It wouldn't allow you to spam the other skills. It wouldn't allow you to recall and hit your whole guild with something (unless you waited for 5 minutes). It would just make the other skills a bit more user friendly and fun to use.

Alts and Stuff: Amara, Lenala, Jenarra, Korana, Nanna, Navara, Valara, Terrana, Arana, Liara
11-20-2010 05:40 AM
Bangaa Offline
Bounty Hunter

RE:??Cooldown on Separate Guild Skills

thecursed Wrote:Personally think it would be broken. You could recall and then battle orders and you have your whole guild (in the extreme case 20-30 players) with +5 str dex and int. Thats an additional 300 stat points added to your guild if you have 20 on map after recall. The Battle Orders skill can be useful but over powered when combo'd with recall in my opinion. Not only do you have a huge stat bonus if your guild is on the large side but you also have all your players united and at their strongest. This is just one example of doing combos with guild skills, they all share the same cool down because seperate cool downs for each skill would be broken.
300 stat points may look like a lot, but most people would only be really affected by one or two of those. And they can't be just added like that for measure, 200 STR may look like a lot for melee classes but 4 melee people with 50 STR wouldn't do much. Also, it would be broken if only a few got an advantage, but all WoE guilds probably have one of those skills they could use.

I agree it can make some difference, but it's quite sad that I've never seen any of those skills being used in any server since it would stop Emergency Call from being used later. Maybe enabling them in PvM out of WoE times could be interesting instead.

Ba'Gamnan - Clown
Migelo - Creator
Left to another server.
LOL heRO Battlegrounds. GLHF.
11-20-2010 01:09 PM
Amara Offline
Head Beast!

Ooo, enabling them in PvM would be awesome too. I'd say do not enable recall outside of WoE, but the rest would be fun and awesome to use!

11-20-2010 09:31 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

MvP hunting would be sweet.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
11-20-2010 09:39 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

You can use recall outside of WoE (remember, Amara?) but only in castles. I do believe you can use the other skills as well, but only in castles as well.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-21-2010 12:52 AM
Amara Offline
Head Beast!

lol...I don't know if that'd work anymore, but yes, I remember, heheh. But, it would be fun to use them out of castles, so they'd actually be useful for fun stuff. Stuff besides bugging albus and warping him to the treasure room.

11-21-2010 01:05 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Sorry no, I understand how it's frustrating to barely ever use any guild skills since there is a need to keep the e-call in case it is needed, but I don't want to make that kind of change.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-30-2010 05:24 PM