Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Leveling Compendium 2017
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

The Leveling Compendium 2017

Updating this thing as I level and re-discover heRO and its customs...

THIS IS WORK IN PROGRESS: INFO PROBABLY NOT AS UPDATED AS IT SHOULD BE

General Leveling Advice
  • This guide is intended to be for new players. It's not the *most* efficient if you have zeny to spend or the gears to go to difficult places at a much earlier time.
  • You should definitely try to do Sisterly Affection 2 quest in heRO to get the Buddy Beanie, which is by far your best headgear at this point with good hp boost, and bonus exp up until lv 80. Ask Main for help on any problematic items and I'm sure Main is more than willing to help.
  • You can always create more novices to get 350 novice potions every time. There's no reason to buy red potion.
  • "Fish" are cheap recovery items available by fishing in heRO. Even if you don't have fishing unlocked yet for any character, they are generally a superior, cheaper option than potions for day-to-day grinding.
  • Once sufficiently high level, talk to the Healer NPC and select the option to help her. Healer will ask for some *very easy* items to get and you can choose to be awarded with just base exp, job exp, or a mix of both. Whenever possible, always try to complete the repeatable healer quests!

Novice

Lv 1-12:
  • Stay in training grounds, be sure to talk with all NPC and get all free experience, and fight the monsters there. On the field with monsters, you can talk to the NPC there and ask for tougher monsters for bit faster exp. Be sure to pick up those 350+ Novice Potions for future use!
  • Hint: you can get up to 3 manuals per account as part of the starter package
Lv 13-45:
  • Plays really similar to Swordsman/Merchant, except no access to bash/mammonite or magnum break/cart revolution but otherwise almost identical relying on normal attack. Look at those section but ignore those that rely on mobbing with magnum break or cart revolution.

Swordsman/Thief/Merchant/Taekwon
Early on these 3 classes share extremely similar training places besides their skills are too indifferent to take them on separate paths. Taekwon got clear advantage compare to the 1-1 class with very early access to elemental melee attacks for free. I personally recommend getting warm wind and running before getting kicks as 10 str bonus is very significant early on. You can still get whirlwind kick as your AoE damage source afterward. For future Soul Linkers, it's strongly recommended to level as a Taekwon with str, as it's much easier to level that way and reset once you're a soul linker later even if it means using up a bit of zeny.

Lv 13-30:
  • Culvert 1-2 remains an easy choice without much aggressive monster. Once you have the sp or unlocked the skill magnum break at the higher levels, you can try to mob up female thief bug by purposely attacking one to trigger the assist, and magnum break them all. Not much on the income side except rare hatter cards though.
  • South of payon town is Spores which offer best j-exp and b-exp at this early on, with emphasis on j-exp to unlock your skills easily. Will require you to use some of your novice potions, but the trade-off is strawberry and rare blue herb to start stocking up your sp recovery for later on.
  • Anywhere with Poporings is probably sufficient: they also have a decent exp/hp ratio
Lv 30-50
  • One more south of payon got wolves which are low dmg, weak to fire (thus magnum break) and are assist. Mantle[1] don't worth anything but they are still decent to sell to NPC. Meat and strawberry are good to help you out on the spot for the grind. Fire weapon is good investment for eventual transition to Moscovia if possible. Cart Revolution/Magnum Break can really speed up the deal.
  • Lutie Field 1 got custom monster Snow Bunny which does some pretty low damage and drops fair items, including its own tame/food, and songpyun is decent healing item to store up on as well. Garm should not be a problem as it's too constantly camped to cause you harm. Sasquatch can be a pain though. Wind weapon against these bunnies. Thief with their higher than usual flee helps to make this even easier.
  • Byalan 1-2 is certainly not the fastest place but for a change of atmosphere, decent loot combined with great cards (no cards in Byalan are bad, at worse it's hatter, at best it's ~7 mil), it's not a bad place to be. Wind weapons help out a lot. Vadon may drop Padded Armor[1], and Armor Charm shouldn't be an expensive accessory to buy to greatly increase your def.
  • South of Einbroch's Metaling is classical being high exp with decent loot via Large Jellopy (you may want to save them for rare buyers of them as they are the pet food for custom allegiance pet Deviling and Angeling), just be careful of mammonite. You can relog to get through their strip weapon.
  • Autumn Leaf Cat is the first major heRO custom leveling spot: take a boat to Neko Island from Alberta to get the island unlock. This is a vastly easier way to get to leaf cat than Ayothaya Quest, and the exp is essentially the same.
Lv 50+ to Job Change
  • You can just stay at autumn leaf cat until job change due to the great job exp
  • Orc Dungeon 1 is again mostly obsolete compare to Moscovia 1 but it's not a bad place to be easily mobbing plenty of orc zombies then magnum break/cart revolution your way through with magnum break/cart revolution
  • Byalan Dungeon 3 continues to be shy of efficiency but a good change of scenery for some item hunting. Fin Helm and Saint's Robe from Obeanue, good cards all-around, just bring fly wing in case of merman.
  • Toy Factory 1 for old-school players is still viable, giving good drops via the cookies to sell and mystcase can drop a mystcase hat, which is a handy hat to have for potential future other characters.
  • Moscovia dungeon 1 is the popular place to be with Les giving a substantial amount of exp, excellent loot via aloe leaflet and other good NPC loot. Fire weapon allows double damage which is great. I believe that it's still possible to access Moscovia dungeon without doing the quest, by paying to go to Moscovia from Alberta then use the custom NPC from the dock to go directly to the dungeon without rest of the quest. If you have to do the quest, do it before lv 70 so the game will not spawn merman and kapha against you. At around lv 50, the game will only use raggler and obeaune against you, which with some item spamming it's not hard to bash/mammonite your way through. Low level fish like trout and bass are good here to fuel your hp lost along with sp to keep using skills for the quest. Thief may have bit more issue depending on flee and acquiring pantie/undershirt combo. Avoid wood goblin as their high def is relatively not worth it at this point.

Acolyte
A total world of its own different from all the other classes.

Lv 13-30
  • Randomly attack to earn 1-2 job level to learn heal, then go back to Prontera to reset for free to get all int even if you want to be monk in the future. Head to payon dungeon 1 and heal bomb the undead there for very fast exp. Lower your level of heal appropriately to conserve sp if you can use a lower level of heal to do the job. Novice potion spam while attacking even with 1 str can kill familiar easy enough. Try to buy int boosting arc wand when possible to help out.

Lv 30-45
  • Important Note: If you wish to be monk, reset at lv 40 to your desired skill and stats while it's still free. Future monks can start referring to how a merchant level excluding the cart revolutions if you wish, except you can self-heal but at lower damage output than a merchant.
  • You can continue on to Payon cave 2 to fight the 2 skeletons there which drop NPC gears for decent zeny along with great cards. It'll hurt a bit but that's what those novice potions are for.
  • You can move on to megalodon which is passive on an easy map, but I personally do not like it because coming to Comodo early can be pretty costly.

Lv 45+
  • At high 40s, you can use teleport to hope for survival to reach glastheim. Memo/warp right outside to avoid paying the fees. You can heal bomb in Glastheim Prison for early access to elunium and decent OC drop. Fly Wing/teleport against Rybio and Hunter Flies. Likewise, you can also do the churchyard to fight evil druids, ghouls and wraiths, but fly wing/teleport against Dark Illusion and mimics. Prison got more consistent better loot but Evil Druid card is like winning a lottery. For the churchyard, churchyard 2 may have Dark Lord but there's more wraiths and ghouls than evil druids, which are easier to handle especially in the beginning before moving back to churchyard 1 again.
  • With help you can do the Amatsu dungeon quest, but be sure to have pneuma first. Fight firelock soldier there for easy exp and decent loot. Even for future monks, with pneuma this is a great place to be hitting firelocks to death.

Archer/Gunslinger
At this point in time, both classes cannot really afford to spam their respective signature moves very well and rely on basic long range attacking to do any damage. While archers got easy access to elementals, gunslinger got the slightly higher stats and can use skills more often than the few times archer can use DS though.

Lv 13-30
  • One north and one east of Prontera is where all the mandragoras are, which you can safely out range and pick them off. Stem can be kept to sell it and both mandragora/fabre cards are great items. Fire arrows for archer.
  • Two north one east of Prontera (one north from mandragora map) will include floras with mandragoras, more stationary plants that are easy to pick off if mandragoras alone are going too slow. Fire arrows once again.
  • Poporing in Poring Island (Payon field 7) also helps even though you cannot get elemental advantage. Long range should be enough to kill them before they reach you. Just be careful that Aquaring can use potion pitcher to heal allies, so don't start a fight with too many aquarings around.

Lv 30-45
  • A natural transition for eventual geographers is to go to 1 south of einbroch to fight metalings now, which again got very low hp for good exp and zeny. Once you are done here, move to 1 north of einbroch and fight geographers, which cannot move again. Be careful that they heal each other though, so you want o avoid clumps or spam your skills to kill them if they are near each other. Bottom right hand corner is a slow but fixed spawn point for geographers, so check there often to avoid them respawning closely together or else you can't kill them due to their mutual heals.
  • Take the airship from izlude to go to Rachel, enter the town to save/unlock there. Get ready for some fly wings, and exit rachel town again in the east exit, then head all the way north to reach the entrance to ice dungeon. Save there, then use fire arrow to pick off muscipular and geographers. Muscipular has lower hp and def, so they are easier than geographer. Muscipular and geographer can heal allies so early on you don't want to fight them in a clump. Pick off the lone ones first. Bring fly wings for galion and gryphon. For Drosera if your vulture's eye is maxed, you can outrange them. Their range is 7 while yours is 10+ for archers. Gunslinger I believe got enough range to kill drosera as well but it has much less room for error as you can barely outrange. You can pick off drosera as well. This spot is viable from lv 30 to job change, as you start off with muscipular only and slowly build up to kill all 3 types of plants. Fire arrows once again.

Lv 45+
  • The immovable plants from lv 30s can really get you through to job change as boring as it seems.
  • If Moscovia quest is indeed required, then it's annoying but still possible especially for archer with arrow repel to fight off the monsters on the moving island quest, while gunslinger may really need to spam desperado with fish to keep your hp/sp up as the monsters all aggro on you. Full Buster for shotguns and tracking for rifles should be able to take out ragglers in one hit so if you position yourself nicely, you can pick off all the ragglers then handle obeanue at the end a bit at a time. Tracking takes longer than full buster though so may depend on luck where the monsters randomly spawn if you got 3 second of luxury. (no clue how to beat it for gatling guns, but those suck anyway) Once that's done, fire arrows for archer or just brute force strongest bullet for gunslinger and pick off les like everyone else. Avoid wood goblins due to annoying def at this point their exp is not worth it.
  • Gunslingers' only elemental is thankfully holy, so gunslinger's best and mobbing skill desperado in orc dungeon 1 once you hit lv 50 should be very viable as a leveling option. Careful that orc skeleton moves significantly faster than everything else, so may want to pick that off before you resume mobbing. Should die in 1-2 desperados. Remember that these are undead so santa poring cards won't help.
  • Louyang field continues to be a worthy selection with great zeny drops at the cost of more mantis, higher def on Soil compare to Les, but no quest requirement for sure. Fire arrows handle everything here for archer. Gunslinger can really take their time as soil just moves so slow anyway, saving the skills for incoming mantis to kill it quickly before it interrupts you enough that the soil reach you.

Mages/Magic Ninja
Long range with easy access to basic elements especially fire make early leveling extremely easy, but at the same time dull because you can go to some mid-tier location really fast, but you are also stuck there for a very long time.

Lv 13-30
  • Be sure to stab a few porings first to get a few basic skill level to learn your first spell, then reset to get int. Be surprised how many people forget about this.
  • Mandragora two north and one east and other immovable plants suffice for casters as much as archers to share the range issue.
  • Once you can safely do 300+ damage, you can aim for Poporings which give more exp than Mandragora. Pick up a suitable level of firebolt/crimson fire blossom to 7 or even max at 10 as ground monsters early on are very common, mostly the plants. You can find Poporing in abundance on Poring Island (Payon field 7), picking off the poporings off of Saplings and potentially score on Sapling itself once you can get your firebolt damage high enough. You can eventually kill off anything there besides the minibosses.

Lv30-45
  • Like archers, the natural transition includes immovable plants, such as geographers north of Einbroch. Be careful that they heal each other though, so you want o avoid clumps or spam your skills to kill them if they are near each other. Bottom right hand corner is a slow but fixed spawn point for geographers, so check there often to avoid them respawning closely together or else you can't kill them due to their mutual heals. If you really want to, you can put firewall directly on a geographer in hopes of pushing it away from another geographer.
  • Outside ice dungeon is also a viable place against muscipular and drosera. You can outrange Drosera safely. Bring fly wing against gryphon and galion.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 10:37 AM by Namine.)
11-19-2010 11:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: The Leveling Compendium 2

Any objections to me stealing this (I'll give you credit) and copying it into the already stickied post? I've been meaning to update it - but I've been so lazy.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-22-2010 12:16 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Namine Wrote:Archer/Gunslinger

Lv 45+
[list]
[*]The immovable plants from lv 30s can really get you through to job change as boring as it seems.
[*]If Moscovia quest is indeed required, then it's annoying but still possible especially for archer with arrow repel to fight off the monsters on the moving island quest, while gunslinger may really need to spam desperado with fish to keep your hp/sp up as the monsters all aggro on you. Full Buster for shotguns and tracking for rifles should be able to take out ragglers in one hit so if you position yourself nicely, you can pick off all the ragglers then handle obeanue at the end a bit at a time. Tracking takes longer than full buster though so may depend on luck where the monsters randomly spawn if you got 3 second of luxury. (no clue how to beat it for gatling guns, but those suck anyway) Once that's done, fire arrows for archer or just brute force strongest bullet for gunslinger and pick off les like everyone else. Avoid wood goblins due to annoying def at this point their exp is not worth it.

Nothing for mages. And Although Moscovia quest is required, it is slightly different than iRO wiki says. It'll summon 2 Kapha and a Merman Regardless of your level.??Still possible, but harder.

Also, I beleive skel worker cards would work well on everything but the drainliars in Orc Dungeon.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2010 02:11 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
11-22-2010 01:47 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Mages I didn't write it yet =P as albus, hey the reason I'm (very slowly) typing this one up it's cause the sticked one isn't updated for 3 years XD

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-22-2010 02:25 PM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

Bump
02-25-2011 12:57 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Wait I thought albus said he'll steal it anyway to add to the existing one? o_O;

EDIT: Ok guess not, so I suppose I should update this thing until it can replace the old old one *nods*

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2011 03:53 AM by Namine.)
02-25-2011 01:35 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

I could've sworn I made ssome smartass remark about "kill monsters, gain exp".

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
03-03-2011 06:01 AM
azurerogue Offline

Oooh, I forgot. I'll do it when I get home.

03-03-2011 10:39 AM
azurerogue Offline

Stickied thread updated.

03-03-2011 06:58 PM
Nero Offline
Ribbity Ribbit Mc Ribbit

shouldent it be....
Levels 15 - 60
Muka

Since muka gives more exp than basicly anything in the lower levels (ie.wolves and are harder to kill and give less IIRC)
and All clases could pump stats into str / agi and then reset at 40... for free.

Just imo.

[Image: ejeglv.jpg]
Arukei Wrote:And NeRO hanging above a shark infested pool. >:c
[Image: 121dht5.jpg]
Some Things You Just Can't Explain.

Am back.... as lord of AFK
03-04-2011 12:15 AM