Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Exp Tapping?
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

New Exp Tapping?

Why does getting hit by monster count as a tap?

Dodge/no dodge/no reflect. Wut?

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
11-21-2010 10:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: New Exp Tapping?

I think it's been that way for a while. That doesn't explain why it is... but is it a problem? It makes sense in some ways, given the potential mechanics of gaining MVP through tanking (generally not a feasible way to do it, but still POSSIBLE).

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-21-2010 04:42 PM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

My guess is making tanks more feasible in parties/not an EXP-leech if they can't hit all (or any) of the monsters while mobbing them.
11-21-2010 04:48 PM
Bangaa Offline
Bounty Hunter

RE:??New Exp Tapping?

azurerogue Wrote:I think it's been that way for a while.??That doesn't explain why it is...??but is it a problem???It makes sense in some ways, given the potential mechanics of gaining MVP through tanking (generally not a feasible way to do it, but still POSSIBLE).??
I'm not sure if they implemented it by now, but as far as I know, eAthena doesn't have that feature.

Ba'Gamnan - Clown
Migelo - Creator
Left to another server.
LOL heRO Battlegrounds. GLHF.
11-21-2010 04:53 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

What is Tapping?

I've heard it used before and about a year ago I was told that when a pet taps I lose Total EXP from the Kill, like sharing EXP, but a while back my Smokie hit a Vanberk and I got 0.03 instead of 0.02 like I normally did. I asked about it on main and they said it was because my Smokie tapped it.

So ya. Tapping = Attacking? And Why was I given contradictory info nearly a year apart?

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
11-21-2010 07:52 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

Snowhawk Wrote:Just because my characters are still pre trans, don't assume I don't get around in game.
And still you don't know about tapping? Ever thought about just keeping your mouth shut?

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
11-21-2010 08:13 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE:??New Exp Tapping?

Zaratus Wrote:
Snowhawk Wrote:Just because my characters are still pre trans, don't assume I don't get around in game.
And still you don't know about tapping? Ever thought about just keeping your mouth shut?
Ever tried not to start crap with people? Thank you for trying to put things out of context by quoting something I said from another conversation. I don't normally have my Smokie attack. I was told a year ago that them attacking was a bad thing. There are other things that the Game encylopedias that are players don't know. So how bout you STFU and stop trying to start crap with people.

If you don't have anything helpful to say stay out of other people's business.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
11-21-2010 08:32 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

Snowhawk Wrote:What is Tapping?

I've heard it used before and about a year ago I was told that when a pet taps I lose Total EXP from the Kill, like sharing EXP, but a while back my Smokie hit a Vanberk and I got 0.03 instead of 0.02 like I normally did. I asked about it on main and they said it was because my Smokie tapped it.

So ya. Tapping = Attacking? And Why was I given contradictory info nearly a year apart?

Kay, let's analyse your post if there is anything helpful in it.

Fist, a question which is completely unrelated to the whine itself - since it's basically just saying "hi I don't know what you are talking about". Google could simply answer this question instead of randomly spamming a whine thread.

Second, you are talking about "a year ago". As everybody on hero knows, we had SVN updates since then, therefore every information being older than SVN update .. questionable. The only thing you prove in that paragraph is that you have no idea how pets and players work and are different.

Then there actually comes something helpful - a pet attacked something you attacked and you got more exp. Instead of simply asking main, you could have run tests to give out educated information but you decided to just give information from the "main" source which is .. questionable at best. So, not helpful either since random information without proves (nor understanding what's going on) aren't helpful.

Third, you are just asking a question that google (or THINKING, you know, that thing that includes brain cells?) could answer and are qqing a bit: You were given contradictory info because (as you can read above) we had SVN updates (which every old player on hero knows).

To sum it up, so you don't have to do work by yourself by digging through google:
Tap: every player who hits a mob adds 25 % from the base value of exp.
PreSVN-update: players and homunculus (though those are a special case since they eat job exp) dealing damage in any way to monsters counted as "tap" (attacking, skills, reflect).
After SVN-update: every player and homunculus being hit as well as hitting as well as using a non-damaging skill on a mob counts as "tap". Also, pets now (after trying ingame) attacking count as "tap" (but the pet *still* eats the exp part of the damage it is dealing, so your information isn't completely outdated).

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2010 08:59 PM by Zaratus.)
11-21-2010 08:57 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: ??New Exp Tapping?

Snowhawk Wrote:
Zaratus Wrote:
Ever tried not to start crap with people???Thank you for trying to put things out of context by quoting something I said from another conversation.??I don't normally have my Smokie attack.??I was told a year ago that them attacking was a bad thing.??There are other things that the Game encylopedias that are players don't know.??So how bout you STFU and stop trying to start crap with people.

If you don't have anything helpful to say stay out of other people's business.

Learn to not be so sensitive to everything and trust me, people will treat you a lot better for it. Unless they are Aya, he's just angry with everyone.

But you can learn to not take the words so seriously despite that.
Anyway, to stay on topic, reflect now counts as a tap, when it didn't before. Who knows why the change got implemented, enjoy it for what it is and that it makes getting extra experience from a mob easier than before when partying with others. ;O

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-21-2010 09:12 PM
Hiroishime Offline

Quote:Learn to not be so sensitive to everything and trust me, people will treat you a lot better for it. Unless they are Aya, he's just angry with everyone.

But you can learn to not take the words so seriously despite that.
Anyway, to stay on topic, reflect now counts as a tap, when it didn't before. Who knows why the change got implemented, enjoy it for what it is and that it makes getting extra experience from a mob easier than before when partying with others. ;O

well since you need to get hit to reflect i dont think its the reflect that gives u tap exp XD? either way.

[Image: scarjo_popcorn.gif]

^____________________________^ /derp
11-21-2010 09:41 PM