Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yoyos
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Yoyos

Okay, I've been getting re-hooked on this old toy, especially now that I'm older and more patient with stuff. Way back when I was a kid, I barely got it to come back up, let alone catch it, I usually ended up hitting it back down in an awkward way that stopped the spin.

Anywho, I got to looking at some youtube videos to see if I can't get better now that I';m picking it up again and I gotta ask.??How many of you??have/use these things and how good are you at doing tricks?

My yoyo's still pretty new (fresh out of the box, Yomega Fireball?), and seeing as how it still needs some breaking in, it's a little annoying, but I'm getting the sleeper down at least.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2010 01:04 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
12-03-2010 01:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Victorino Offline

RE: Yoyos

Man, i haven't used a yoyo in forever. Maybe since middle school.

Its funny because i was cleaning out my room a few hours ago and i found a old green one i used to have.

I guess they could be addicting if you knew moves and how to do them though.
12-03-2010 01:04 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

I was secretly hoping this was about the toy and not the mob when I opened it.
I wasn't disappointed. :D

We have one that is automatically supposed to come back up. Everyone else can make it work, children included... except me.
I'm such a talented GM. Icon_razz

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

12-03-2010 01:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nero Offline
Ribbity Ribbit Mc Ribbit

RE:??Yoyos

GM-Circe Wrote:I was secretly hoping this was about the toy and not the mob when I opened it.

We have one that is automatically supposed to come back up. Everyone else can make it work, children included... except me.
Laugh

[Image: ejeglv.jpg]
Arukei Wrote:And NeRO hanging above a shark infested pool. >:c
[Image: 121dht5.jpg]
Some Things You Just Can't Explain.

Am back.... as lord of AFK
12-03-2010 01:30 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Yoyos

GM-Circe Wrote:I was secretly hoping this was about the toy and not the mob when I opened it.

hmm, there's a couple problems that can help remedy that.??1 is how the string is attached Since other people you know have been doing it right, I guess that's already done.??

The other way has to do with the force you throw the yoyo down. If the yoyo isn't spinning fast/hard enough, the mechanism's inside the yoyo won't trigger, meaning it'll??either go out of control (spinning off kilter, and not in a straight up position) or keep sleeping (spinning straight up and down without winding) at the end of the string until you flick it back up.

(though sleeping the yoyo isn't a bad trick for beginner tricks. It's a great basic that's used in a lot of tricks, just gotta be able to wake it back up)

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Ideally, you want the Yoyo to be spinning straight up? in a steady manner and smooth manner. Or so I heard on Youtube.

(][)
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2010 01:59 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
12-03-2010 01:56 AM
Mulberry Away
dreamweaver

I used to be obsessed with yoyos back in elementary school, when they were really popular. I had a cool pink one... though I couldn't even get it to, y'know, yoyo. I suck. x3

[heroine of the light][perpetually squishy]
Mulberry | Rozelle | Tearose | Bluet | Nagisa | Puffles
[snow song]
12-03-2010 07:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

Yoyos are great, I used to carry one around with me everywhere I went. They were initially designed to be damaging weapons, you know :D With that in mind I tried to learn how to gain momentum and then throw it at targets. Even for cheap plastic, it leaves quite a welt... imagine what a metal one can do 8D
12-03-2010 08:18 AM