Poll: Should more castles be open for smaller guilds to also get a chance at being part of the woe scene?
Yes, we should give it a try.
No, smaller guilds have to figure themselves out or stay out
Perhaps allies should have access to RAW items too (OCA in its true form rather than request a card from a list)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Woe is descrimination!
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE: ??Woe is descrimination!

pnutbuttajelly Wrote:
The Legendary Joe Wrote:*is gonna get flamed for this post*

Or we could remove woe entirely!

Oh man, you're lucky you aren't within 3 feet of me mate.

Also, I'd like to know which "smaller" or "PvM" guilds are willing to step up and WoE seriously

If you removed WoE entirely say goodbye to the majority of the old player community. Also there is no PvM guild that WoE's seriously, they're crying inside as they pot to survive because its zenny... IF they actually pot what-so-ever.

@ Nami - The groups today compared to back then are completely different so the demands are different as well as the promises were made to a different group of players. LoA + LW and all the smaller guilds who actually did WOE was a much much different environment then (constant changing guild name) and Behemoth + social guilds who try to WoE and get rolled by 3 players.

I'm pretty sure EVERYONE who WoE's right now wants to see WoE better in pariticipation or improve in some aspect.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2011 08:05 PM by thecursed.)
01-05-2011 07:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE:????Woe is descrimination!

thecursed Wrote:Also there is no PvM guild that WoE's seriously

Thus goes back to the notion of how does touching number of castles really help but make a new group of people QQ to the GMs? People who will like to WoE seriously, already joined an existing WoE guild/ally-group. As far as I know, all WoE guild/ally-group are still active and not full to the brim yet to the point where WoE-interested players are forced to make a new WoE guild with no alternatives. I really don't see incentive to WoE whatsoever be it new guild or old guild. Zeny used as supplies cost much more than the rewards, so you have WoE because you like it anyway.

Thus why it's much more beneficial and advantageous for both GMs and players to do changes to WoE that doesn't touch number of castles, but fixes it from other approaches... even looking at other servers, seems like regardless of number of castles, they each got their share of problems, so number of castles don't seem to be *the* cause of problems to me.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
01-05-2011 08:04 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE: Woe is descrimination!

Number of castles isnt the problem just saying it could be a solution to getting more players WoEing. I agree with what youre saying, I still think that there is something that can be done that would improve the WoE scene though. I dont get why people even play (and stay on the server) who dont WoE/PVP in the first place and i'll probably never understand it.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
01-05-2011 08:11 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I play to dick around and spend some time in my day away from my problems. Its not that hard to understand.

But most people don't want to go to challenging places, mostly due to lack of gear. Its not like we can buy good gear either with zeny, its extremely hard to find the decent gears/cards on market quite often. When they are on market, its often really overpriced. Icon_razz

So you're stuck at boring crap for days/weeks potentially farming stuff you don't really want to be stuck farming. x-x

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-05-2011 08:20 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

What is potting.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
01-05-2011 08:32 PM
Magnus Offline
The Last Baron

Using a lot of pots or making pots?
Or you can smoke ygg. That's good.

[Image: fylflw.png]
Characters:
Magnus Elwyn - Hunter
Magnus Blackbeard - Rogue
Magnus Crowley - Mage- Future Wizard
High Septon - Acolyte- Future Priest
Magnus Thorvaldsson - Merchant

I love you, Kat Miertschink <3
01-05-2011 09:18 PM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

RE:??Woe is descrimination!

Aaronock Wrote:So you're stuck at boring crap for days/weeks potentially farming stuff you don't really want to be stuck farming. x-x

You just described the WoE preparations. I guess a lot of people (incl. myself) just don't feel like farming a crapton of stuff just to be able to survive in WoE. The farming takes a considerable amount of time and makes WoE more of an annoying chore instead of what's supposed to be fun.

Well, I assume I'm gonna get shitstormed for this post, just wanted to share my insight what might be discouraging people.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
01-05-2011 09:21 PM
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

I agree with thecursed. But I have one question, how come there are no guardians during woe on HeRO?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
01-05-2011 09:52 PM
supersteben Offline

1 up!

supersteben - Knight 8x/50
01-05-2011 10:13 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp