Ruon Offline

RE: Items to Encourage Forging

Appreciated. Thanks.
01-10-2011 08:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

RE: Items to Encourage Forging

I kept this place stocked with every desirable weapon for like... the past year. Doing so takes a ridiculous amount of time and effort, results in people stalking you on your alts for discounts, and doesn't turn much of a profit because the realistic chances of success/failure with the *best* available gears, buffs and statfoods (excluding god items) for VVS elementals is ~55%. I've had instances where I've failed 6 times in a row before succeeding at a net loss of over 2 million in materials alone.

On top of that, the price of ore is constantly being pushed up. The price of oridecon quadrupled since I came here, and steel tripled. If you try to raise your prices to compensate, you have to worry about other people undercutting you, while players will start arguing supply and demand and in turn raise the price of ore again... but it can only go so far, because then you face the counterargument that forgables are supposed to be n00b equipment for those who can't afford overupgraded carded slotted weaponry with endows, so you have to keep prices low or it'd take ages for anything to sell. Since people erroneously use @whosells as a price check and see steel and oridecon shops vending at twice their value, they think you're lying to them when you tell them what ore is worth. It's not fun and mired in complaints no matter what happens.

To see people bitching about no forgers no more than a week after uninstalling the game is kinda remarkable B
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2011 09:37 AM by Weapon.)
01-14-2011 09:24 AM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE:??Items to Encourage Forging

I think I've sold ori to you before, back a long while ago. Whistle

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
01-15-2011 01:46 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

RE:??Items to Encourage Forging

Weapon Wrote:I kept this place stocked with every desirable weapon for like... the past year. Doing so takes a ridiculous amount of time and effort, results in people stalking you on your alts for discounts, and doesn't turn much of a profit because the realistic chances of success/failure with the *best* available gears, buffs and statfoods (excluding god items) for VVS elementals is ~55%. I've had instances where I've failed 6 times in a row before succeeding at a net loss of over 2 million in materials alone.

On top of that, the price of ore is constantly being pushed up. The price of oridecon quadrupled since I came here, and steel tripled. If you try to raise your prices to compensate, you have to worry about other people undercutting you, while players will start arguing supply and demand and in turn raise the price of ore again... but it can only go so far, because then you face the counterargument that forgables are supposed to be n00b equipment for those who can't afford overupgraded carded slotted weaponry with endows, so you have to keep prices low or it'd take ages for anything to sell. Since people erroneously use @whosells as a price check and see steel and oridecon shops vending at twice their value, they think you're lying to them when you tell them what ore is worth. It's not fun and mired in complaints no matter what happens.

To see people bitching about no forgers no more than a week after uninstalling the game is kinda remarkable B?
how the crap can I contact you, :X
01-15-2011 02:20 PM