Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WoE Category
Bangaa Offline
Bounty Hunter

WoE Category

I'd like to suggest a WoE category for these forums, with subsections like WoE Discussion, Alliances and Recruitment for WoE guilds. I believe it's hard to encourage guilds or players to go WoE when they don't even have a clue about how was last WoE unless they actually go there. The interest could increase, as the last WoEs were really interesting.

I see most people commenting that WoE here is just bad, and people who don't go there can only believe it since there's nowhere to check information about it. A WoE category in forums could give an incentive to discuss more widely about how was WoE, with screenshots and possibly videos, and also allow WoE guilds to recruit and propose alliances more easily.

Ba'Gamnan - Clown
Migelo - Creator
Left to another server.
LOL heRO Battlegrounds. GLHF.
01-09-2011 03:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pnutbuttajelly Offline
PBJ > AMJ

RE: WoE Category

YES!

heRO needs more WoE discussion and WoE participation and WoE everything. As new players as well as veteran players from other heavily WoE-based servers see these forums for the first time, they do often look for what the WoE scene is like before actually joining and participating. And yes, although the WoE scene isn't so fantabulous on heRO, it's better than leaving newcomers cluecless or perhaps assuming that there is no WoE here.

War of Emperium is an integral part of this game, for if it didn't exist, I would not be playing it. WoE deserves its own category!

Quote:Will says:
If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Proto, raper of noobs. Let them say, I lived, In the time, Of Pnut.
01-12-2011 08:41 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I think this sorta thing got suggested a while back, but I think it got shot down because the old guild rivalry back then was intense enough that people feared Flaming.

I think it'd be worth a shot at reviving this sorta thing??tho. Even though Guilds as a whole already have a Recruitment section.
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2011 04:02 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
01-13-2011 04:01 AM
Bangaa Offline
Bounty Hunter

It's impossible to make forums never have flaming. Of course it would be bound to happen in such a category, since it's related to a competition and some people tend to do it.

I'm not sure if we have forum-only moderators, or if the in-game moderators can do it in forums, but it would be up to those with privileges to decide which limits to impose to such thing. Flaming there would be way less harmful than flaming in the Whining category or even in the Recruitment category as I've seen happen before, and the non-WoE side of the community wouldn't be affected. It could even be allowed to happen at a certain point to heat up the competition.

Also, it would be better to solve such problem with the people who flame rather than stop any WoE discussion by not giving a proper place for it.

Ba'Gamnan - Clown
Migelo - Creator
Left to another server.
LOL heRO Battlegrounds. GLHF.
01-13-2011 05:35 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE:??WoE Category

Bangaa Wrote:It's impossible to make forums never have flaming.

I don't know if you noticed yet Bangaa but this server tends to go carebear mode about stuff like flaming and since you're right about flaming being impossible to prevent in a woe section, I doubt they'll do it.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
01-13-2011 07:57 AM
Hiroishime Offline

someone dig up nico's carebear!

^____________________________^ /derp
01-13-2011 08:40 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

Just for Chard

http://images.free-extras.com/pics/h/hugs-1448.gif

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
01-13-2011 01:56 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

HeRO's so awesome, people who sell their accounts and quit the server for other MMORPGs still lurk the forums.... Laugh

anyway, other than the serious 1 WOE thread per month (on average), i don't really see constructive discussions about WOE even in the guilds forum... i dunno if its the same case on the private guild forums, but imho guilds who are active and WOE could easily get their own forums and talk things out there...

-w-
01-14-2011 12:19 AM
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

If ppl leave HeRO its for mid-rate servers lol.

A woe section would be interesting BUT very "flamey" indeed. I still think woe is off balance bc there are so few castles open so rivalry will be quite ferocious on Guild forum section (won't happen)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
01-14-2011 01:58 AM
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

If ppl leave HeRO its for mid-rate servers lol.

A woe section would be interesting BUT very "flamey" indeed. I still think woe is off balance bc there are so few castles open so rivalry will be quite ferocious on Guild forum section (won't happen)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
01-14-2011 02:21 AM