Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question...Randomly
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Question...Randomly

If anyone knows what the game Utopia (http://www.utopia-game.com) was like circa 2002, you'll understand what I'm asking about...

Does anyone know of a friendly, tight-knit community game that currently hosts 10,000+ players? I'm looking for any game in which players converse in multiple languages (not individuals, but ones in which the community communication is not homogeneous overall). This isn't super important, but if I could find a community similar to Utopia's old community (10's of thousands of players, semi-randomly assigned, with varying language capabilities) I'd have a fun way to write my thesis paper. This is one of the few online communities that I still even somewhat interact with so I thought I'd ask you guys.

The biggest limiting factor is that, like Utopia, the communities need to present some opportunities for people of different native languages to be forced to communicate in the same language. This technically exists on heRO but our community isn't really big enough for me to generate any significant results, I doubt.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
01-11-2011 03:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Question...Randomly

try http://www.erepublik.com

sounds interesting, what's your thesis title/what's it about?

-w-
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 04:39 AM by mahawirasd.)
01-11-2011 04:37 AM
Avogadro Offline
I like popsicles

RE: Question...Randomly

Quote:the communities need to present some opportunities for people of different native languages to be forced to communicate in the same language

You should come on down to big science and see how we do things with the "things need to be in english". Or does it need to be online, because I'm sure we could set you up with a webcam.
01-11-2011 05:23 AM