Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Life Issues
xKonada Offline

Life Issues

I decided to start this thread as I'm pretty sure everyone has some issues in life they aren't comfortable sharing with their family, etc. So this thread will be used as a platform to give others advice (maybe?) on how to go about their problems in life.

I shall start then:

Well basically I just don't fit in my class! It's already been over a year (I'm in college / 17 year old) and I seem to be non-existent in class. Nobody talks to me in class unless they need something from me. As a result, I have become extremely introverted to my class (partly due to the fact that nobody gets my sense of humor) Basically I feel like a total outcast in class.

But get this, in another sports group I am able to mix around well with EVERYONE and get along well with them. I frequently crack them up and have also had most of my fun times with them. Sadly though, most of my time is spent with my class rather with them.

So my question is, what gives? Is it just me being out of sync with my class or is it their problem? Glady appreciate it if someone can help me, it's getting very very very frustrating.

Flash- 9x/50 Hunter
SilentCash 6x/2x BlackSmith
SlipStream~ 6x/3x Rogue
01-12-2011 10:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

RE: Life Issues

well, how about you try to make friends initially? Maybe it's the way you dressed, i dunno. Maybe you don't look outstanding enough, or too outstanding that people get awkward getting near you...

Sports is different. The team can work better if the teammates had already synchronized themselves. Studies is more of a private project i guess. They don't have to make good connections to exceed well.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
01-12-2011 08:53 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Perhaps that class doesn't have the right social chemistry for you. I mean, If you don't happen to have anything in common with the people in the class aside from being IN the class, it's gonna be hard to find something to talk about.

I mean,??you try to start something but it comes out awkward and either someone finds it offensive or they just don't care enough to laugh.??Or maybe the type of humor is misplaced. You wouldn't Make "Yo Mamma so fat" jokes at your Best friend's mom's funeral.

If they're men, they might be overly homophobic. If they're women, they might feel that you're trying to hit on them and are uncomfortable with that. Or maybe (17 seems a little young for college, I got out of High school at 18 =x) they see you as a little kid and rather not associate with you, because they're afraid you might ask too many obvious questions that have already been answered??or that they don't know the answer to.

Or maybe they're all cultists who hate everyone and plot to take over the world. Who knows. I'd need more info (on both you and them) before I can point out the actual Faults and come up with a suggestion =x.

But at the very least, you're at college and not a public school. that means most everyone who is there is there by choice, and not because federal law demands it. There aren't as many Immature assholes there to spoil your learning experience.

Overall, all you can do is be yourself.If you try to be something you're not to gain favor with a crowd, you still won't be happy.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 10:46 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
01-12-2011 10:41 PM
Magnus Offline
The Last Baron

Be yourself, that's my only law. They don't like your clothes? Your music? Your, I don't know, other things?Then they aren't likely going to be your friends. Search another places, as seventeen, I'm sure you can go to concerts, etc.

[Image: fylflw.png]
Characters:
Magnus Elwyn - Hunter
Magnus Blackbeard - Rogue
Magnus Crowley - Mage- Future Wizard
High Septon - Acolyte- Future Priest
Magnus Thorvaldsson - Merchant

I love you, Kat Miertschink <3
01-12-2011 10:56 PM
Hiroishime Offline

do you always seems so lonely-sad faces-emo-everyone hated me-mood?

you can't expect everyone to like you the way you are, if that is what you are expecting. Learn new things, enlarge your horizon, changing informations is how you starts to socialize.

More things you know = more conversations, less awkward silence.

Also dont be picky when it comes to making friends, just make as many as you could now, doesnt have to be a very good friend, but enough to let them remembers your name when you meet them in the near future.

You need all those connections in the future for your career and broaden your network, who knew if the jerk that used to bully you will be your boss? Steve Jobs was a bully, still is a jerk and now who is he?

^____________________________^ /derp
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 11:24 PM by Hiroishime.)
01-12-2011 11:13 PM
xKonada Offline

In asia i think college is high school in the context of america. Probably it could be my emo face but i only started that after they began to ignore me. Im sure its not something wrong with my humOr as i said earlier.
I have also trying to talk with them but most of the time i just one word repliea or just sentences with hints to ask me to screw off.

Flash- 9x/50 Hunter
SilentCash 6x/2x BlackSmith
SlipStream~ 6x/3x Rogue
01-13-2011 11:00 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

wrong class then. Try other classes...

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
01-13-2011 08:00 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

Or maybe you're just not cool enough :D

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
01-13-2011 08:13 PM
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

I see this all the time. It's mainly the dynamic of the group. I see this a lot as a teacher too. Sometimes I feel like my students and I get along extremely well and other classes look at me like I'm an alien. Usually it has a lot to do with the group XD If you can make another group crack up, then you just need a specific group of friends. Which is normal. No one can get along with EVERYONE.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
01-14-2011 01:45 AM
F.x Offline
Bob Lawblaw's Law Blog

i feel so connected to this thread, i went through the same issues when i was in high school and college.......NAGHT

i had friends

Fanimus             - Whitesmith
Clowning Around - Clown
01-16-2011 11:42 PM