Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestions on stats and equips for battle alchemist
alfiesu Offline

Suggestions on stats and equips for battle alchemist

I've been searching for info on battle alchemists, but there aren't that many threads on this topic, so I'm posting this one up. Hope I'm not repeating what has been asked before.

Anyway, I'm currently lv 83 with maxed AGI, 50+ STR, 40 DEX, and the other stats at 1. I've maxed out all my alchy skills less the alchemical equip skills, and I have a 46 evolved Lif with lv 1 MC.

I have a fireblend, but I'm using silver shotel most of the time. My gears are pretty sucky atm cuz I've been playing my clown most of the time. Been wanting to make a pure-brewer all this while, but I had to change my plan halfway after I got my Lif, and I wonder if I made a wrong choice in not changing my homun back then...but that's history already.

Leveling is going very slow for me now, and there aren't many parties willing to take in a battlealchy, much less an AGI-based alche.

1. So should I restat into pure-INT/brewer and brew Sp pots to be a Sp Batt for parties, or should I remain and start investing in battle gears? If you think that I should invest in battle gears, then what gears should I aim for?
2. Should I restat into a more proper battle build? I find max AGI is not very efficient for battle cuz even with 200+ flee, I do get hit once in a while and it hurts bad.
01-13-2011 04:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZackFireblade Offline

RE: Suggestions on stats and equips for battle alchemist

You mentioned your ultimate goal for this char is to be a brewer, so let's focus with that in mind.

I'm actually working with a similar case as you atm, having an agi-based battle alch to make into a full-time brewer. This is a matter of personal taste, but I go to Fairy's Paradise (50k to enter each time, but good loots, and unlimited free access if you can get your hands on Pixie's Letter). Garden Keepers are fairly easy to kill, and give a good deal of xp. Just make sure to have some equips to protect from earth damage, and be sure to avoid Pinguiculas, Mavkas, and Kublin (stock up on fwings).

As for the Lif, the biggest advice I can give is patience. It'll be a long ride trying to level her, especially while she's still young. Once you can evolve her though, Mental Change gives you a lot more options for what you can hunt, so stick with it! Icon_biggrin

I know it's not much, but I hope this helps! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, I'll try to answer as best I can!

HibikiTheAlchemist:  9x/5x Biochemist
~~Rose:  99 Lif (First homunc on heRO to evolve!)
Hibiki:  95/50 Brewer alt
Rogue Skye: 91/50 Dagger Rogue/Farming alt
Blueberry Poring: 8x Monk
Arrow Chucker: 7x Bard
Shotgun Sinner: 7x Shotgun/Launcher Gunslinger
Rapid Fire Redemption: 7x Revolver/Gatling Gunslinger
01-13-2011 05:36 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

I got an lvl 93 alchemist atm with a lvl 74 Vali (who just evolved a few days ago) i've leveled as a str/agi/dex alchemist till i got around lvl 76 then i resetted to brew because my vali was able to leech me :3

My vali is able to leech me mostly (i gotta admit i got a few lvls because of some guildies who helped me out <3)

I wish i could give you some better tips then this... i've never used a fireblent to lvl, i got a light inteseption (or w/e you spell it.. its an axe that gives you lvl 3 heal) i basicly use my homun to leech me and firewings to tap the mobs (for a bit more exp) and i heal myself when needed with the axe.

I dont really know anything about lif so i'm affraid i can't help with that D:

EDIT: i lvled my vali at removers from lvl 60 (bio1)

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2011 05:47 AM by Kittie.)
01-13-2011 05:44 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

are you ok, kittie? You don't spell very well...

Anyway, i have 2 Alchemists. I haven't played both for a while because i'm kinda poor lately due to the supply of whites and other bottled weapons.
Myself(Joko) is a autobolter/int brewer, i have a amistr for defence/tank/emergency mob escape route. My gears have the capability to autospell. Cost a lot of bombs... My main tactic is to run around my parasites, they attack i stay close enough to trigger the autospell. So far i'd leveled to 83 on seals with this method.
Kapak, my vit battle alchemist is currently at level 68. I don't play him much, but my method is i hurt, i tank, my vanil supports with it's licks and bolts. I can always toss a geographer in range to heal me, or i can toss parasites for more support attacks. I also use marine spheres for the burst 9x9 almost 4k damage that totally ignores hide, cloak, or any defence at all. In PvM the explosion won't hurt friendly units. Mammonite, acid terror and bomb, use them carefully and you won't waste them.
Still, better ask a lif master and brewer like seth for more advise.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
01-13-2011 07:16 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Nah not so oke i'm tired, and had to walk to internship (a distance i normally bike in 20 minutes) in the rain so i'm kinda highoaeghohhugh...

B> bed + sleep

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
01-13-2011 07:33 AM