Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Concerning bee wings
Cobbinator92 Offline
The Boss

RE: Concerning bee wings

I highly doubt people are going to farm herbs for stems....

These are bulletproof 24 carat tears of a rapper
01-15-2011 12:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

Went to RMS to check something. OK So you want a short cut to create Alcohol for Grenade Bottle through the Bee Wing. That's what I'm seeing.

You don't need it. Bee Wings Drop Alcohol. Your item needed for Grenades is already in the drop list. Not much use for Stems to be there when the product that they make and the reason you'd want them in there is already an option.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
01-15-2011 12:06 AM
Hiroishime Offline

Quote:As for Gank, when you can't Gank, you Steal. Pretty duuur there.
you never farmed mass amounts and just pulling those numbers out from RMS, aren't you?

^____________________________^ /derp
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2011 12:16 AM by Hiroishime.)
01-15-2011 12:12 AM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE:??Concerning bee wings

Hiroishime Wrote:
Quote:As for Gank, when you can't Gank, you Steal. Pretty duuur there.

you never farmed mass amounts and just pulling those numbers out from RMS, aren't you?

I used to farm when my main was a Rogue. Gank failed too often then so I mostly used Steal. This was on Verits and the guy I farmed for made 3x what I did in half the time I did. I did kill most of the Verits before Gank would go off successfully so I started Steal then attack. But still in an hour I had around 60-70 Immortal hearts and the Alchemist I was farming for made 100+ in less than what it took me.

01-15-2011 12:15 AM
Hiroishime Offline

Quote:You don't need it. Bee Wings Drop Alcohol. Your item needed for Grenades is already in the drop list. Not much use for Stems to be there when the product that they make and the reason you'd want them in there is already an option.

if you have a bee wings yourself, instead of just pulling everything from wiki or RMS, you'd know how horrid alcohol drop rates are and farming stems nets you more alcohol/hour.

Quote:I used to farm when my main was a Rogue. Gank failed too often then so I mostly used Steal. This was on Verits and the guy I farmed for made 3x what I did in half the time I did. I did kill most of the Verits before Gank would go off successfully so I started Steal then attack. But still in an hour I had around 60-70 Immortal hearts and the Alchemist I was farming for made 100+ in less than what it took me.

i could farm up to 300-400/hour, you definitely doesnt kill it fast enough or doesnt use FW at all, and my gank success rate is probably like 80%, you are doing something wrong.

^____________________________^ /derp
01-15-2011 12:21 AM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE:??Concerning bee wings

Hiroishime Wrote:
Quote:You don't need it. Bee Wings Drop Alcohol. Your item needed for Grenades is already in the drop list. Not much use for Stems to be there when the product that they make and the reason you'd want them in there is already an option.

if you have a bee wings yourself, instead of just pulling everything from wiki or RMS, you'd know how horrid alcohol drop rates are and farming stems nets you more alcohol/hour.

Quote:I used to farm when my main was a Rogue. Gank failed too often then so I mostly used Steal. This was on Verits and the guy I farmed for made 3x what I did in half the time I did. I did kill most of the Verits before Gank would go off successfully so I started Steal then attack. But still in an hour I had around 60-70 Immortal hearts and the Alchemist I was farming for made 100+ in less than what it took me.

i could farm up to 300-400/hour, you definitely doesnt kill it fast enough or doesnt use FW at all, and my gank success rate is probably like 80%, you are doing something wrong.

The topic was about adding Stems to Bee Wings Drop list which is the same for all the item as far as I know. You can still cut out the middle by going straight for Alcohol which is already in the drop list rather than having a low drop on stems, farming with the wings until you get enough to make alcohol and going from there.

Either way it can still fall to go get them yourself rather than waiting to buy what you need. But still as already said, the topic was adding Stems to Bee Wing Drop List so they drop more. If it already drops Alcohol, the item you need to stems for to make, then it would be faster to just use the Alcohol drop option for the wings since they all drop at the same rate (assuming).

As for my Rogue when I had him, I used FWs a lot. Took me a while to kill yes, but I had maxed out Gank and got maybe 1 in 4 so I switched to using Steal.

01-15-2011 12:38 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

It'll help settle these discussions if we have more mathematical data on drop rates and so on... as these "x item per hour" has too many variable that differ from player to player like how fast you kill and so on.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
01-15-2011 12:53 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

Sigh, can I just get a GMs opinion on this (or anyone who actually has any influence on this decision, I want to know if this suggestion could be possible or if it's utopic to think it will ever be done) rather then someones who's just decided to not change opinion and thinks he knows something about creators when he obviously never played one and especially never FARMED mats for one....

I'm seriously getting irritated now.

:@

Here, I have an idea, go read the description for twilight 3, you might understand why I want stems.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2011 04:43 AM by Gojira.)
01-15-2011 04:42 AM
Navis Offline
Lime in the Coconut

RE: ??Concerning bee wings

Snowhawk Wrote:If it already drops Alcohol, the item you need to stems for to make, then it would be faster to just use the Alcohol drop option for the wings since they all drop at the same rate (assuming).
Fail, you don't realize that you need the Stems and mats for Alcohol to use Twilight III, not just Alcohol themselves. Plus Bee Wing rates are definitely not the same, and the whole point of the initial suggestion wasn't to find an alternative to farming Stems off Les or whatever mob, it was to get MORE of them from the same farming.

[Image: maxballs.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2011 04:50 AM by Navis.)
01-15-2011 04:49 AM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Quest needed for mosc now?

If a character already had the save point saved, can they still tele there?

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
01-15-2011 01:36 PM