Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie School
Magnus Offline
The Last Baron

Newbie School

hm, I'm currently helping a new player, and had this idea.
How about we have "Schools" here? You know, someone who likes helping and want to help new players, or even old that 'forgot' how to play.

By the way, I think it's more a player-to-players suggestion than player-to-staff, but if we had the min. amount of ad. of the GM to us, we could help more players.

It would help the server to get new players too, because I think 90% of the players began with an official server. So with a helping hand, they could learn faster, and who knows, make new friends right at the start?

PS:Anyone who haves a friend, or anything that wants to play but doesn't know, and want to learn, just contact me ingame, I'm always ready to help Icon_smile

[Image: fylflw.png]
Characters:
Magnus Elwyn - Hunter
Magnus Blackbeard - Rogue
Magnus Crowley - Mage- Future Wizard
High Septon - Acolyte- Future Priest
Magnus Thorvaldsson - Merchant

I love you, Kat Miertschink <3
01-17-2011 02:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Newbie School

While I did start out on an official server, that ended right as my "free trial" ended. I learned most of the basic stuffs about stats from high rates. The rest of my experience has come from other mid and low rates.

I think it would be a good Idea, but, the people who are the "teachers" have to have the patience to deal with them and answer their questions. And every class has their class clown, their dude who nobody likes and those dudes who think they know everything.

If people are willing, i don't see why this shouldn't be put into place but ultimately it's the newbies that will decide which way the ball will roll.
01-17-2011 07:25 PM
Magnus Offline
The Last Baron

Sure, I have patience when dealing with noobs, because when I wish not to troll, I do not troll. I was a Helper/Community GM in 2 or 3 servers, I think I got that patience from this experience hm.

Characters:
Magnus Elwyn - Hunter

01-17-2011 07:51 PM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

I've helped a few new people myself, in fact I've become great friends with one of the people i offered to help in their intro topic here.

He was great, he lisened to what i had to say, wasn't scared to ask questions BUT (this is the best part) he thought about the answer of what he asked before he asked me. AKA he used his brain before asking things who seem pretty obvious after playing for a while.

(i'm only saying that cause i've seen people ask really stupid things that made me wanna headdesk, not gonna give you examples)

I don't think i'm teacher material, i'm pretty impatient, and i want people to actually lisnen to what i have to say, AND they absolutely don't wanna be being spoonfeed, cause if its something i hate it will be spoonfeeding, tips and tricks oke but use the brains and wiki+ratemyserver+irowiki etc to start finding out things by yourself about where to find mobs or about job changes, quest etc.

*now has to run for trains*

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
01-18-2011 02:56 AM
Magnus Offline
The Last Baron

Haha, the guy I was helping wanted to job change at 1/1. Then I said "you need lvl9 on the Basic Skills", I gave him weapon, some pots, and waited him level. Then he came back and said "k, lets go". He got 9 on Job Level... tru story bro.

Anyway, even if you just want to help I think it's okay :D

Characters:
Magnus Elwyn - Hunter

01-18-2011 10:05 AM