Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auction: Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 at 7:00pm
Rankin Offline
Durp

RE: Auction: Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 at 7:00pm

What's the fun in that? No one to kill then...
01-20-2011 08:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

gah it's such a genius option that i motion to put that option into EVERY auction!!! (or at least every 3 months or so, just to keep the price range at an opportune level)

as you all may know, i'm ambivalent about pvp, but there is a very good reasoning why such an option is very good for the server;
1. it sinks zeny from the auction itself
2. it reduces the amount of zeny put into the economy by players who play more or less as efficiently as a bot would if it were looking for zeny

and following that reasoning, here is a very good reason why HW is a better choice than abbey:
1. people will level anyway, and if anything abbey 3 at least forces people to party. So no matter how mindless it is, it couldn't possibly be more mindless than doing HWs or even anubis (for priests).
2. moar zeny and moar inflation hurts the server more than more high lvled players
3. moar zeny and moar inflation are also somewhat less advantageous to older/"set" players because it means that people have been farming zeny without farming "useful" items or cards that might interest (if any) the older players' money. Furthermore, higher lvled chars with low zeny have been known to be "useful" to older/"set" players because in terms of WOE (and certain high end pvm -i know of at least 1 person who does this), higher level players can be cannon fodder/meat shields/ pawns for you to utilize as you like. Them being penniless even makes it seem as if you're the nice guy for lending out gears etc. Added value, information asymmetry, yadda yadda yadda...

TL/DR:
1. bid high
2. go nuts
3. pick HWs
4. ???
5. PROFIT!!!

-w-
01-20-2011 11:07 PM
Ange Offline

Causing a party wipe is so much more satisfying than killing a single player at a grinding spot.
01-21-2011 01:34 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Wira:
and following that reasoning, here is a very good reason why abbey is a better choice than HW:

1) HW has no MVP on it, and therefore is not an option. Icon_razz

TL/DR:
1. bid high
2. go nuts
3. pick HWs
4. Get told you can't, and have to pick another map.
5. Go "Damnit" when you realise how much zeny you spent for something you can't have.
6. ???
7. PROFIT!!!

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

01-21-2011 03:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

RE:??Auction: Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 at 7:00pm

Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:I'd choose Toy Factory 2 just because it's offbeat.

Your FACE is offbeat. Ooooh burn!

Lol, really putting it there would just be a waste..though, as long as people knew, they could travel there for the lols of it.

Actually that raises the question. Say they (whoever wins it) picks Nameless lvl 3..and SOMEHOW a party changes the way they do things (I know, change? Pfft, impossible right?) so they don't kill each other right and left. This would mean it's a free EXP for them down there as no EXP loss on death in PvP mode right? I'm sure it wouldn't be easy, but the sheer challenge of figuring out how to do it would be fun in and of itself.

Interesting side note...I have never Hillwinded. I didn't know about it after my 15month break from RO getting back and I have so very few characters so it hasn't been needed. For zeny perhaps, but considering that eventually I likely will and it will get old, I decided to save it for then and not force it. Like a fine wine. Let it age. Yes, I know that makes little sense, I just felt like saying it.

Also lols at Circe.

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2011 04:26 AM by Rurouni Kalain.)
01-21-2011 04:21 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

argh total fail on my side for failing to read the "has to be an MVP in it" clause... Laugh

darn... well abbey 3 probably is the best option then... sadly lowering the number of ppl farming abbey3 means less LBWs floating around means less orids sinked for breaking them... plus abbey3 doesn't generate that much zeny to begin with so really we'll only end up impeding exp gain (which in the general scheme of things isn't something to be afraid of imho)... if only there were enough snipers/BB rogues/whatevs farming mosco3 like no tomorrow to justify that map being chosen...

-w-
01-21-2011 04:21 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I'd pick Ice Dungeon 3.
Unless quest mvp's don't count in this. >_>

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-21-2011 09:45 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I think if this option will return then we need to pass a rule that the same map can't be chosen repeatedly.

And making it any map could be amusing.

Personally I'd say put it in Gorge, or Nidhogg 1.
01-21-2011 09:59 AM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

If it's gonna be like a PvP Zone, where its no exp loss, then that's just stupid imo. Then what's the point of having:
GM-Radiance Wrote:-Killer Instinct: A choice of 1 map that contains an MVP, for 1 week will be??PVP enabled on it, allowing PKing on the said map. Enter at your own risk!

Plus, it doesn't specify whether it'll be like PK servers where PKing is allowed on any map with exp loss, or like a PvP arena, like what we have. =\
01-21-2011 10:03 AM
Seiji Offline
I play with fatty

But you can always piss people off by wiping their party Joy Icon_biggrin
No exp loss but it's frustrating if they have to reorganize party again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again .... You get the point anyway Evil

[Image: wi8piv.jpg]
01-21-2011 12:45 PM