Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Back?  Maybe?
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Back???Maybe?

Never posted a departure post.??I kinda just faded away from the heRO scene.??Plus, I never thought anyone would care.??I never had an enemy, but I also didn't make any friends.??So goes the story of my life; which brings me to an important point:

I've recently found out I have autism.??High-functioning, of course; Asperger syndrome, to be exact.??I could sit here and type out a long explanation of what it is, but not being able to define it - to me - is the definition of exactly what it is.??So, I'd just copy from an encyclopedic definition on some psychiatric website.??So, you can Google any other information than what I provide here.??Having Asperger syndrome, I don't expect you to care, but it's probably necessary... So, here goes...

Autism (officially Autism Spectrum Disorder, or ASD), in a nutshell, is an umbrella term encompassing a wide range of disorders in which the "sufferer" (I quite enjoy my form of autism, others are not so lucky) lacks social and communication skills... but, it's more than that.

It's not like I get giddy around girls or I try to throw a high five at the wrong time and miss.??I'm not a hermit or a nerd.??The problem is neural, not psychological.??My brain is deformed.

To put you in my shoes:??When I'm alone, I lose track of time.??Many times I will sit down to do something and then instantly see that six hours have passed.??It's not a waste, I will have gained everything I chose to keep in that time; but I will not have noticed the time pass.??Neat, orderly things appease me and I will spend any amount of time to tidy things up (and by "tidy up" I mean "perfect").??I used to be OCD about this as a child until I realized the frivolity of it (after an incessant want to scratch a tiny black speck off the windshield of the car parked in front of the family van when we stopped to get milk at the store).??Now, I only lose myself if I begin the task.??It's like anger, there's no anger to get under control if you don't get angry in the first place.??So is true for my autistic OCD.
My memory is insanely (I laugh every time I realize I am not technically sane lol) sensitive.??If I don't actively submit something to memory then it is lost.??I don't remember 75% of my life.??That number is a rounding, but not exaggerated.??My own family will be reminiscing of something we all did together - some big event or vacation when we were children - and I won't remember even going to wherever it was.??Nearly every time I walk into a room I forget why I'm in there and I retrace my steps to jog my memory.??I've recently begun chanting to myself what I'm intending to do now that I know what's wrong.
In social settings I am abnormally quiet.??I just observe.??I don't know when to speak, what to say, how to say it, if it should be said, when to be quiet, or how to end my speech.??I'll often stop midsentence.??lol
I'm the king of awkward silences because I don't perceive social norms and will openly discuss topics which others find disturbing.??I've found mentioning my parents' deaths is a huge conversation killer.??I still don't understand why.??lol??(And, it's a comment like that followed by a laugh which creates the awkward silence.??lol)
I don't know when to feel invited or when I've overstayed my welcome.??Apparently you normal people give facial cues and use body language to conversate.??I did not know this until after I was told I'm autistic.??As a matter of fact, these four things I've mentioned are the only things I can think of because I don't know what it means to be normal.??I've lived for 26 years thinking I'm completely normal.??Now I know I'm not.

A lot of things make sense now... Like why I don't have anyone I consider a friend, yet many people consider me their friend.??Why I estrange people even though I endear them.??I don't hate people; I am not a misanthrope.??It's just the autism.??Even though I love people, I don't see the point.??I've always felt insanely selfish because of that.??Now I know why I am that way.
I have an 8th grade education, yet an IQ of 156.??That's gifted genius.??I never thought much of it.??I just figured I payed more attention in school and the general populous is rather quite stupid.??Now I know why I can look at something and know how it works without taking it apart.??I used to hate "normal" people so much because of how stupid I considered them to be.??I mean, I didn't try exceptionally hard in school yet I'm super intelligent.??How pathetic was your schooling career if you know less than a man with an eighth grade education???Now I know.??The general populous isn't stupid.??I'm autistic.??...Although, I do still feel that "average" intelligence is pretty low.??=\
As a child, I spent a lot of time creating insanely complex things that took forever to set up yet only worked once.??Heh... Guess why.

These are the reasons I enjoy my brand of autism.??Sufferers of autism are as diverse as normal people.??I was lucky and received super intelligence (which I'm sure could have reached hyper intelligence had I the opportunity to attend high school) and autistic logic (we have our own twisted logic*) - amongst other things - at the expense of social ineptness.??And, I'll take what I have over parties and small talk any day.??Ok

It's also why I type these insanely long messages.??I don't know when to shut up.

It's the autism.??No1

* - Whilst testing for autism I was presented with a scenario:

A man walks into a store wanting the largest-sized fountain drink they sell.??The clerk tells him that the largest size they have costs a dollar extra.??The man pays the dollar extra and leaves with the largest-sized drink.

Now, did he intend on paying the extra dollar?

I said no.??Apparently, this is the "autistic" answer.??I still don't see how in the world he intended on paying a dollar extra.

btw, if you think you're autistic after reading all of this, then you could be.??A lot of people go through life not realizing they have autism.??If certain stresses are applied to said individual and they have yet to come to understand themselves then the autism can grow into other, psychological conditions.??My mother went for a very long time undiagnosed and when she died she was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome (guess where I got it from), bipolar schizophrenia and clinical depression.??She was very [unintentionally] self-destructive, too.??This is what eventually led to her death.

1% of the population has autism.??If you think that's rare then consider that 1% of the population has red hair.??How many redheads do you see in a day?

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
01-20-2011 06:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

RE: Back???Maybe?

First of all DAMN YOU AND YOUR LONG POST!
And damn me for not being able to resist but reading the whole thing xD

Second of all; Hi, long time no see~ Ok
I don't know if you still remember me, but i still remember you :3

Have fun getting back to the server and well if you have questions or what ever you know where to find me :3

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
01-20-2011 07:16 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

First of all, i don't know you very well, but i do know if there's annoyingly long green texts in the forums, that has to be you. Also, i remember your hair and job problems(i think i'd posted once in there).

Welcome back to the server if you feel like playing some more.

After reading that, it becomes clear to me that i'm positive that i have autism, however i don't think mine is that bad since i'd started to become more of a busy body and out towards the society, also declaring to the public i love men, but i am still choosey when it comes to society picking.
Yes, i do notice shutting up is a bit difficult, but it's more difficult trying to start talking.
Yes, i do forget most part of my life and work(that caused me lots of trouble), my family and friend's names, sometimes faces, and yes, i can only recall moments that are carved inside my head by myself.
Yes, i enjoy my time alone and forget about time, even my stomach won't growl "feed me!! D:<" at me. I'm very organized.
I like typing long texts and reading long organized texts.
I do find myself keeping people away from me(probably why i don't join guilds or go for WoE).

Anyway, WELCOME BACK!! MAYBE!!

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
01-20-2011 08:38 AM
Magnus Offline
The Last Baron

You seems like the perfect person to be my friend.

Do you enjoy metal and blues?

Anyway, welcome back Icon_wink

[Image: fylflw.png]
Characters:
Magnus Elwyn - Hunter
Magnus Blackbeard - Rogue
Magnus Crowley - Mage- Future Wizard
High Septon - Acolyte- Future Priest
Magnus Thorvaldsson - Merchant

I love you, Kat Miertschink <3
01-20-2011 08:56 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

That reminds me... how is your hair doing? is it still as long as it used to be :o?

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
01-20-2011 09:06 AM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

Hello. I remember you :D and I dont have autism

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
01-20-2011 10:48 AM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

Hello. I remember you :D and I dont have autism

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
01-20-2011 10:48 AM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

hey-o! welcome back to heRO. you sound like a pretty interesting guy to meet. and i like your avatar. and that's a pretty green color.

what's your IGN? Whispers? because i'm totally going to bother you now. i like seeing how people tick C:

also fail bodom, double post. i am disappoint.

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
01-20-2011 06:16 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

.... Cry *runs crying in any general direction*

well that sure does explain a lot, but i'm glad you're back. No1

personally, i wouldn't sweat it, we all live in a different world, each and and every one of us. Don't read too much into it, it's your life and i believe one should be free to do as one pleases as long as one is prepared to pay for it. I understand how one with autism might have a harder time fitting in and adjusting to society's norms, but meh you're smart and you're somewhat used to being alone, so yay freedom! Laugh

*maybe i should get myself tested for autism too* Thinking
nah, i ain't super-smart so i'll just stick with sociopath Icon_twisted

anyway, we all enjoy our green walls of text every now and then so welcome back mate!

-w-
01-20-2011 07:21 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Whispers is back too?

I just came back, sorta, after a hiatus myself. I was wondering where you'd gotten to. Always enjoyed your posts here despite never actually playing with ya Icon_biggrin;

Makes me wonder if I don't have a form of that. Can't tell you how many times I forget about trivial, and even important things on a day to day basis. Not to mention other things you mentioned. :|

Edit: I also find it quite stupid you'd intend on paying extra for a larger drink. >.> Despite it not making them extree money, you should be able to waltz in and grab a large without worrying about paying more. Large=medium price. Evil

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2011 07:37 PM by Session.)
01-21-2011 07:32 PM