Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help with Ragray installation
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Need help with Ragray installation

Sorry guys; I'm not very tech savvy. Cry Circe said in order to set up Ragray:

Quote:Install it in a completely new folder, then install the heRO mini installer over it. Then patch heRO, and you should be right to go.

But I'm a little confused. Do I need to install Ragray to its own folder WITHIN the Gravity folder I already have? Or do I need to completely uninstall heRO before I do anything else? And then which folder do I need to put the mini installer in?

A little extra guidance would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to uninstall or delete anything I don't need to...

Thank you!

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
01-20-2011 04:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE: Need help with Ragray installation

The best solution would be to unistall completely the previous installation and let Ragray install thereafter.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
01-20-2011 05:01 PM
Sepharius Offline
:3

You COULD install it to the Gravity folder if you want to, but make sure there aren't any previous RO installations in it. I'm sure like all installers Ragray's will give you the option of choosing where you want to install.

After that, you just simply apply the mini-installer in the same directory you installed Ragray, putting in the heRO executable files. Just run the patcher from there, let it patch and repack, and you should be good to go.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
01-20-2011 05:02 PM
Serenity Away
Serenity Now

Yes, I just installed Ragray and heRO mini installer in a separate directory, namely C:\Program Files\Ragray. When you install Ragray, it'll give you the option to choose where you want to install, just pick wherever you want, as long as it's not the Gravity directory (just avoid to be safe). When you install heRO, just pick the same directory that you installed Ragray in.

Lify ~ Moon Light
-------------------------
Back from the dead once again.
01-20-2011 05:42 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Done and done! Transferred my skins and whatnot over and everything seems to be working. Thanks for all your help! Love Guess I will uninstall the old one to free up the harddrive space, now that I know the Ragray version is working.

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
01-20-2011 07:33 PM