Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Just a quick gunslinger question
RinsletWalker Offline

Just a quick gunslinger question

I know I came here before and asked about this, and I THINK I got an email regarding this but I wanted to ask for sure are elemental bullets implemented?
01-26-2011 06:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

RE: Just a quick gunslinger question

yes, we have holy bullets, that's elemental.
Also, dark, poison, fire, ice, and wind spheres, those're elementals too.

If you mean fire bullets and stuff, no. That's way too accustomed and owning(imho anyway).

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
01-26-2011 06:59 PM
RinsletWalker Offline

I seem to get that a lot and I still don't see how on planet earth it's too "owning".
01-26-2011 07:11 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

ok, my example:
type : Shotgun
dex : 100
weapon: Black Rose +6[1]
ammo : Silver Bullet
attack : 395(200+180+15) +18(6x3)
skill : Full Buster(10), 1200%

so max damage estimation of this skill under normal circumstances: 4956
*do note that this skill has no cast time, just heavy aftercast delay.*

So, we try Hill Winds
HP : 4233
Def : 10 +31

Estimate max damage:
(4956 x (100-10)%) - 31 = 4429

This can OHKO Hill Winds, but not always since there's still minimum damage that i don't really know how to calculate. If you introduce earth in to the equasion.

Estimate max damage:
((4956 x 200%) x (100-10)%) - 31 = 8889

If you decide to slot in a Mandragora Card into that shotgun, max damage estimation:
(((4956 x 200%)+20%)x (100-10)%) - 31 = 11863

instant death with 2880% of attack power, but this move is just a 1 hit skill.

You're a slinger, you should know that Desperado do more that just 1 hit, even if it's only 1728% per hit(on a Windy Clamourous Garrison +6), you can deal up to 17280%, which you can destroy a huge mob of Hill winds instantly, heck even harpies will be destroyed by an earth elemental Desperado(just change the clamourous into Decussate).

I'm not a skilled calculator, but this is what i get. Any experienced calculators please verify this.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
01-26-2011 08:02 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

ok, did some calculating. You need 2 full blast of desperado to kill harpies, but that's still very hax. No cast time, small/no aftercast delay and you can 2 shot KO harpies with earth bullets. I think other classes still need a lot of effort to kill a mob of those with earth weapons that can be carded.
I do believe even Snipers will have to shoot a few strings of stone arrow sharp shooting on an Earthen Bow to kill that mob of harpies.

Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
01-26-2011 08:17 PM
RinsletWalker Offline

And snipers can transcend, making that whole point about them pointless because gunslingers can't. Comparing extended to regular is just a dumb idea. You get new skills and can use elemental arrows. I can't. It will make leveling a lot more spread out instead of only being able to use normal and holy.
01-27-2011 01:29 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

OK, bad comparation. My point is 10 consecutive burst of elemental damage in less than 1 second without cast time and almost no delay is way too powerful. I can't say much about holy since it's natural to make weapons out of that material, silver. You should notice that those bullets are very costly and heavy.
Still, you can grind anywhere with plain or silver arrows/bullets. You can still hurt them, despite having lower damage. They will die eventually. How do you think players started out? Archers can only have 2 additional elements until they got to job level 35 and learn arrow craft that uses their stuff to make weapons. Other classes starts with neutral weapons. Did that stop them from leveling? No, slower but they can still level. Also, you have range way further than archers. That's a plus.

Having elements does make things easier, but they are not a must. If you really need them, use converters or buy an endow from full support sages.

Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
01-27-2011 02:01 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

OK, bad comparation. My point is 10 consecutive burst of elemental damage in less than 1 second without cast time and almost no delay is way too powerful. I can't say much about holy since it's natural to make weapons out of that material, silver. You should notice that those bullets are very costly and heavy.
Still, you can grind anywhere with plain or silver arrows/bullets. You can still hurt them, despite having lower damage. They will die eventually. How do you think players started out? Archers can only have 2 additional elements until they got to job level 35 and learn arrow craft that uses their stuff to make weapons. Other classes starts with neutral weapons. Did that stop them from leveling? No, slower but they can still level. Also, you have range way further than archers. That's a plus.

Having elements does make things easier, but they are not a must. If you really need them, use converters or buy an endow from full support sages.

Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
01-27-2011 02:07 AM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

Snipers can't transcend. He's comparing extended classes to a fully fledged transcended character.

Either way, the whole idea behind extended classes is that they are not quite as good as trans, but superior to regular second classes in many ways. Their downside is mostly the lack of gears and overall lack of attention from Gravity.
Adding Elemental bullets to go around with stuff like Rapid firing and Desperado is just too much customization in heRO's standard.

Think about it, we may have loads of customs. But nothing meant to change the way a class is played. It's the way our customs roll and I like it. All I can think about that is EVEN CLOSE to it would be Mystcase hat allowing melee damage with Bows, but I digress.

You can expect the GM's answer to be a fat "no".
01-27-2011 02:11 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Or that again elemental bullet isn't exactly doing much for GS, except to make them even more similar to the archer family than they are now in terms of the way they play... not exactly adding diversity to the pool is it to promote GS as a fun and "unique" class is it~

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
01-27-2011 02:28 AM