Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Item Hunt + PVP Fight! (18th of June 2006)
GM-Feith
Unregistered

Item Hunt + PVP Fight! (18th of June 2006)

I will be holding a Light and Dark event this sunday after the WoE.

It will be an Item Quest + PVP Arena. I tried this yesterday and i think it was really fun. I'll just ajust the rules a bit because I forgot one or two things and i want it to be different this time.

First of all you will need to create a party :

- Your party will have a MAXIMUM of THREE characters.

- You CANNOT have two or three characters of the SAME CLASS inside a party.

- You CANNOT have two or three characters of the SAME GUILD inside a party.

Then you will decide if your party is a light or dark.

Light parties will pick up the Golden Gear Color Palette.
Dark parties will pick up the Purple Rain Color Palette.

< FIRST ROUND > Item search

Each party will have to find several items from a list I will give to you. I am allowing you to ask to other players help to get the items but they won't get any points for that. (Since i know some people are doing that and I can't check every party, i'm giving you this permission)

The first Light party and the first Dark party that will bring back to me all the items together will win this round.

-----------------------

< SECOND ROUND > PVP Battle

Each winners of the Light and winner of the Dark (two teams in total) will have to battle in a PVP Arena. I will teleport them into a special room. To win this round you have to kill every players of the other party.

You can use any items EXCEPT YGGDRASIL LEAFS.

NOTE : All the players will be able to see the match, I will provide you a recall to that special room.

------------------------

< Prizes >

Winning Team of the PVP Round : 15 Allegiance pts + 100k to each player
Loosing Team of the PVP Round : 10 Allegiance pts + 50k to each player
Loosing Teams of the Item Hunt : 5 Allegiance pts

Good Luck everyone!
06-16-2006 01:59 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE: Light VS Dark Event - 18/06/06

Resurrection and Redemptio?

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2006 04:00 PM by Ultima_Pi.)
06-16-2006 03:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Feith
Unregistered

I will allow Resurrection and Redemptio because otherwise Priest would be useless i think.

The difference between magic and leafs is that the dead body can transfer the items to any player.
06-16-2006 04:03 PM
Mrmeow x_X Offline
Back from the DEAD!

"Then you will decide if your party is a light or dark."
Meaning you don't all have to be light\dark?

"You CANNOT have two or three characters of the SAME GUILD inside a party."
That's stupid, that ruins all the team aspect. What's the point of TEAM pvp if you're not used to work with your team? :\

Back from the dead, again.

The original owner and creator of Meat Grinder, Suicide Commando, Lady Venom, Psychopath and so many characters I simply can't remember.

Now just Utsav, a little hunter.
06-16-2006 04:45 PM
Sir Aun Offline
Shaterred Soul

I thinks its a good idea but I think it would be better with a little change.
Quote:You can use any items EXCEPT YGGDRASIL LEAFS.
I think its best to not allow Yggdrasil seed, and Yggdrasil berry since both can truly make the diffence between a party dying in 8 seconds flat or less and a ''balanced'' fight. Considering a monk or champion could ravage an entire team alone, I think it would be best not to allow these items also.
Quote:"You CANNOT have two or three characters of the SAME GUILD inside a party."
That's stupid, that ruins all the team aspect. What's the point of TEAM pvp if you're not used to work with your team? :
Well you can see it has an opportunity to team up with different people and to expend your knowledge about RO PvP strategies with characters you may not be used to team with. Except there is a great flaw in this restriction, the flaw being that anyone can leave a guild just for the event and then rejoin theyre guild. I point this out because its probable that someone will have thought of it, other than me, and its sure some will try to bypass that rule in this manner.

[Image: siraun1copy-1.jpg]
Neither in light or in darkness will there be salvation. Only the strong and wise will survive for they will know when to act.

Sir Aun
06-16-2006 05:09 PM
Mrmeow x_X Offline
Back from the DEAD!

Usually, for team PvP event, you team with ppl you're used working with and you have good communication with each other, that's the point of having a *TEAM*.
When it's just random people cause you didn't have much choice, it's not really a team <.<

The original owner and creator of Meat Grinder, Suicide Commando, Lady Venom, Psychopath and so many characters I simply can't remember.

06-16-2006 05:11 PM
Sir Aun Offline
Shaterred Soul

Still you have to keep in mind its a light vs dark event hence you should at least know who's what in your alligence. Maybe you should consider meeting others that have the same alligence has you and create new bonds Icon_wink meeting new people is always fun. Icon_biggrin

[Image: siraun1copy-1.jpg]
Neither in light or in darkness will there be salvation. Only the strong and wise will survive for they will know when to act.

Sir Aun
06-16-2006 05:54 PM
Mrmeow x_X Offline
Back from the DEAD!

Meeting new people - Yeah, it's fun;
But learning to work as a team is not a matter of 2 days (which is the time given to us before the event, not to mention I have to actually find my future team mates in this short time too <.<

06-16-2006 06:03 PM
GM-Feith
Unregistered

Quote:"Then you will decide if your party is a light or dark."
Meaning you don't all have to be lightdark?

Meaning you choose between light OR dark.

Quote:"You CANNOT have two or three characters of the SAME GUILD inside a party."
That's stupid, that ruins all the team aspect. What's the point of TEAM pvp if you're not used to work with your team? :

This is not stupid, it is something I decided. We won't have a discussion about every aspects of what is a team. The point here is to work in team as a group of people, not as a piece or a part of a guild. It is fun to work with people we know very well but it can people also funier to compete with them. And yes this is a good opportunity to encounter new friends, make aquaintances and such. The reason i made that choice is to prevent a guild to work for just one party. It splits also the manpower between the guilds.

You may discuss about it for hours but i won't make any changes for that. You will have other events in the future where you will be able to work and play with your guildmates.

Icon_smile

Quote:I think its best to not allow Yggdrasil seed, and Yggdrasil berry since both can truly make the diffence between a party dying in 8 seconds flat or less and a ''balanced'' fight. Considering a monk or champion could ravage an entire team alone, I think it would be best not to allow these items also.

I understand your point. The problem is that can't follow every players and see the animations of the items. The only one that will be noticiable is the leaf which takes some time to cast. What i could do is that : if GM-Ben left me that #itemlist command, i will check which items people have on before the battle. That is all i can do.
06-16-2006 07:13 PM
Hitoo Offline

Great, yet another event I can'T attend to due to work... good bye little points... Icon_sad

[Image: sign2.jpg]
06-16-2006 10:22 PM