Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can This be The cause of my Lag?
rudkeja Offline

Can This be The cause of my Lag?

I posted this on the general forum but i forgot i posted it on the wrong forum so here it is.

Hey guys, i've been lagging ever since i started playing Hero Which is weird because if I play any other game, I don't lag. And my other friends dont lag as well in HeRO. So i'm thinking that because I only Copied and Pasted the RO folder from my friend, maybe it's the cause of my lag? and would downloading it and installing it properly fix it?

EDIT: Btw, my download speed peaks at 205 kb/s if you were asking about my interne
02-07-2011 07:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

RE: Can This be The cause of my Lag?

Certainly couldn't hurt. There is a reason that we have an install program after all. One bit/byte at a time. Full Installer + BGM you'll get it eventually. That's not a bad DL speed either.

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
02-07-2011 09:04 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

That shouldn't be cause of the lag, as RO requires no registry of any kind. If you have all the files, then you got everything.

Check for the usual firewall, blocked port, and if you are using a Radeon graphic card. Also, what type of lag are you getting? Is it a constant delay in input? Is your char not moving while you see everything moving just fine so you are just standing there being beaten to pulp? Is the screen going on a complete freeze once in awhile? Can you give us more detail on the type of lag you are getting.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
02-07-2011 04:36 PM
Nero Offline
Ribbity Ribbit Mc Ribbit

the same thing has happened to me (and still does) dunno if its the same for you but the reason i only lagged on RO was because it was more senseitive to the internet compared to my other games. I then found the source of the problem to be my ISP which are too lazy to fix our stupid internet u.u..

so maybe check your router / modem

[Image: ejeglv.jpg]
Arukei Wrote:And NeRO hanging above a shark infested pool. >:c
[Image: 121dht5.jpg]
Some Things You Just Can't Explain.

Am back.... as lord of AFK
02-07-2011 10:49 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Can This be The cause of my Lag?

Namine Wrote:That shouldn't be cause of the lag, as RO requires no registry of any kind. If you have all the files, then you got everything.

Check for the usual firewall, blocked port, and if you are using a Radeon graphic card. Also, what type of lag are you getting? Is it a constant delay in input? Is your char not moving while you see everything moving just fine so you are just standing there being beaten to pulp? Is the screen going on a complete freeze once in awhile? Can you give us more detail on the type of lag you are getting.

this caught my eye... what history does Radeon have against RO?

-w-
02-07-2011 11:33 PM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

Lol, I'm on my phone, and posted a reply to the one in general, and moving it would be a pain, so yeah, look at gereral for what I said XD

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
02-09-2011 03:32 PM