Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Real Clowns and Gypsies do it with Weapons
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE: Real Clowns and Gypsies do it with Weapons

It's also incredibly old. Welcome to people who don't know how to play their classes, WOW!

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
02-10-2011 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

RE:??Real Clowns and Gypsies do it with Weapons

mahawirasd Wrote:or better yet to save hotkey slots, bring TWO harp[2]s to change weaps to cancel songs... Ok

-w-
Thats what I do
02-10-2011 04:02 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

The old reason for weapon swapping was that Amp had a huge aftercast delay. It has been seriously reduced in recent SVNs. Swapping is still better, but canceling via skills isn't a big disadvantage anymore.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
02-10-2011 08:42 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

In my logic, switching weapons cancels a song because you can't play a song on a bow.??Well, you can... but it'd be rather monotonous... Anyway, I seriously doubt they made it this way so you can forgo Adapt.

Skills have delay for a reason.

This is why it seems dishonest to me.

Things are the way they are per the laws of the game designers.??Using the rules in place to find yourself a loophole around the aforementioned predetermined laws is dishonest.

You're all crooked lawyers.??=p

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
02-11-2011 12:24 AM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

Then same thing can be said to creators who use their Lif for the Emergency Avoid --> Rest and Mental change --> Rest...
02-11-2011 01:45 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Whispers Wrote:In my logic, switching weapons cancels a song because you can't play a song on a bow.??Well, you can... but it'd be rather monotonous...??Anyway, I seriously doubt they made it this way so you can forgo Adapt.

Skills have delay for a reason.

This is why it seems dishonest to me.

Things are the way they are per the laws of the game designers.??Using the rules in place to find yourself a loophole around the aforementioned predetermined laws is dishonest.

You're all crooked lawyers.??=p

You do realize if the game developers wanted they could have made weapon swapping not turn off a song/dance. What they could have done is make it where you were stuck with a song/dance and not allow weapon changes till Adaptation could be used. However they did NOT do this, and this has been in the game since they introduced the bard/dancer class back in what...03/04?

The same to Asura, they easily could make it where it has a forced cooldown of 5 minutes for each use of the skill even upon logging out or even if you healed your SP, but they haven't...so is that an unintentional design by game developers? Remember Asura has you not regenerate hp/sp after use, so am I a crooked if I use sp healing item Most likely not at this point cause Gravity sure as hell hasn't changed it for years since Champ came out.

Same to the Lif users out there in Joy's example they could have found a way to enforce the cooldowns they have on their skills by making Rest unusable during the duration of the skills being on or until the Lif dies. Icon_razz

You probably are mixing tricks of your class with outright glitch exploitation. They are a thin line but the Developers are well aware of these classes doing these things, if they had planned to change it, they would have done so by now.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-11-2011 02:18 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

@loveapples - I was thinking exactly that and wanted to use it as an example, but I couldn't remember any of the details (what skill, hom, benefit, etc).??All I had in my head was "that thing alchs do with that one hom that, I think? heals it?"??lol

@Aaronock - Disallowing weapon swapping during a song's duration would prove an inconvenience for those of us who do not intend to take circuitous routes about skill delay.??I imagine Gravity has this moral quarrel as well.
When I party with one other person, I'm 50/50 song/fight.??If I cast bragi as soon as another monster targets us, I expect to be able to drop my harp for my bow and engage.??That way we don't die.??This has been my tactic forever; but it has never occurred to me to use it to such an advantage.
Call me naive or oblivious; I say it's simple honesty.
I seriously never even heard of the weapon-swapping trick until a few days ago.??I believe it was ABJ who taught it to me.??Ok

I've never made a champ (so, I have no idea what you reference), but if I read the paragraph correctly; then, by that logic, we shouldn't use healing items when overweight... which makes no sense.??o.0
I'm not sure what you're talking about with asura, though.??So, I probably completely misunderstood you.

I imagine nothing's been done about it for the same reason there are still quests that send you to Morroc castle or there are big, black holes in the sides of cliffs on various maps that were probably intended to be dungeons.??Gravity has a big to-do list, and a lot of ideas get scrapped/forgotten.??lol

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
02-12-2011 01:20 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

So you're okay with weapon swapping to get Bragi's effects for 30 seconds AND fight...but not just to cancel the song?

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
02-12-2011 01:40 AM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

Whispers Wrote:
I've never made a champ (so, I have no idea what you reference), but if I read the paragraph correctly; then, by that logic, we shouldn't use healing items when overweight... which makes no sense.??o.0
I'm not sure what you're talking about with asura, though.??So, I probably completely misunderstood you.

Aaronock means that after a monk/champ uses Asura, there is a 5 minute time span where you don't regen sp at all. However this is bypassed by logging out and logging back in.

It's the same with an LK and beserk. Once berserk wears off, you can log out, then log back in and have your HP/SP regeneration rate back to normal.
02-12-2011 02:05 AM