Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Real Clowns and Gypsies do it with Weapons
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

Real Clowns and Gypsies do it with Weapons

Okay, so, every time I see someone with a bard or dancer- or worse, a clown or gypsie- use the skill Adaptation to Circumstance, I get grossed out and proceed to teach them to weapon cancel. In all honesty, it's kinda annoying with how often I have to do it.
So anyways, here's how to weapon cancel- this works on sme other class's continuous nonbuffpane spells as well (I think Cloaking will drop when you switch weapons, but I might be thinking of something else), but this is THE way to play a singer or dancer that ever uses their song/dance skills.

HOW
Level 1 weapon cancel:
Get yourself a knife or whatever that you can equip. One-handed items are best as they won't remove your shield, but bows can do this too. Put it on your hotkey bar, equip it, and put your instrument/whip on the hotkey bar as well. Now, switch back to your whip/instrument, and play a song. Using the hotkey, switch to the other weapon, and notice you just canceled your song without Adapt.
Level 2: use two different whips/instruments so you can toggle songs without having to switch back to your whip/instrument.
Level 3: use two of the same type of instrument (refine and cards don't matter, just that they're both, say, Cellos). They will both cycle on a single button on the hotkey bar, freeing up a hotkey.

WHY:
No, it's not for the saved SP from adapt. That's such a small amount that nobody really cares unless you're really low, over weight, and unable to pause the killing. What this does is get you past delays. First, you know how Adapt stops you from moving while you cast it unless you click again? WC doesn't do that. Second you know how there's a cast delay from the start of a song before you can bail out of it, and then there's another delay before you can start a song again? WC doesn't have either of these.
By weapon canceling, you can run away better (no pause and immediate song cancel), and you can flash songs (bard's Apple of Idun can be spammed to heal a party in a pinch- use lv1 for that, btw, it's the least inefficient; for Clowns and Gypsies, you can flash your song, then AV, Tarot, Joke/Scream, etc), using their 20 persistance (ensamble songs sadly don't have that time) to do other things (like powernap your SP if you're getting low and don't have a prof (works best with a Dancing type for enhanced Service).

And That, is why Real Clowns and Gypsies do it with Weapons.

--note: this was written from a phone; please excuse all spelling errors XD

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
02-09-2011 04:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE: Real Clowns and Gypsies do it with Weapons

Glad I know this for the future clown I'll probably never have. No1

I was curious how some could bring songs up, and cancel them with such ease and fluidity! =D

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
02-09-2011 04:26 PM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

Sometimes people should just do a little research on class they are going for Icon_wink At least, i found all that (points to first post) out when my clown still was an archer loooooooooooong ago... altho i did mess up with music lessons at first D:

EDIT: All that fail grammar >.<

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011 04:33 PM by Ptah.)
02-09-2011 04:31 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I guess that meant I was a real clown/gypsy before I read this post. though when I learned how to do this, it was mainly to annoy others with overlapped music. Canceling and recasting bragi 20+ times sounds like a swarm of Angry bees IMO =x
02-09-2011 06:41 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

You get grossed out when people use a skill for its designated function instead of cheating the system and just unequipping/re-equipping their instrument?

I get grossed out when I see a grown man hit on a child.??I guess we have different ideas of gross.??=\

I agree with the Joe (who, after three years, still has the "H" in "Who" capitalized =p ) that constantly dropping songs/dances is annoying.??However, I don't agree in doing it strictly to annoy others.??I feel such an intent should be jailable.??:x

Furthermore, I've never had a problem using Att.Con. to flash songs.??I, of course, always have my bow and harp hotkeyed in case my archer prowess is needed, but using it for this function feels like cheating.??={

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
02-09-2011 07:41 PM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

Different kind of ew... This is an "ew, it's that thing" type ew. *That* is a "What the hell, you sick @#$%!"

If you're gonna flash the same song repeatedly for that, use Apple.. Then you're healing them with your clustereff of sound =D

Next, since I don't see what's wrong with exploiting a system legitimately (entirely within the system and within the spirit of all rules), I guess we have different ideas of what cheating is.

... Since when does AC song cancel? *tries* Nope, still doesn't XD
Wait, if you're built so you are useful with a bow, why aren't you just MS spamming? The damage output is higher, and you don't have to cancel your song (for you purists)...Plus with a Cello, you get knockback =D

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
02-09-2011 08:05 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

or better yet to save hotkey slots, bring TWO harp[2]s to change weaps to cancel songs... Ok

-w-
02-09-2011 09:59 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

I'm sure I mean Adapt. I get confused at times.

Either way, it just seems cheap to me. Do what you will, I find it dishonest.

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
02-10-2011 02:37 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Same thing as that i had to keep explaining to bards/dancers that you can actually use "Trow arrow/Musical strike" while dancing/singing to help tapping monsters in your party...

How many time i didn't got the awnser "Oh... i didn't know that"

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
02-10-2011 04:03 AM
Navis Offline
Lime in the Coconut

It's not a glitch, exploit, or bug, so it's not "cheating" or "dishonest" if that's how it was made to be.

[Image: maxballs.jpg]
02-10-2011 04:07 AM