Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Computer Jeopardy Challenge! The computer takeover starts here.
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

Computer Jeopardy Challenge! The computer takeover starts here.

I just watched this episode of NOVA last night..which if you don't know the show and you consider yourself a geek/nerd of any degree of importance you SHOULD! Ha ha. Anyway, just check it out for yourself. Seriously, take the time to watch it. It is WORTH your time.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/tech/smarte...earth.html

http://www-943.ibm.com/innovation/us/wat...swers.html

In 1997 a computer beat the world chess champion...but that's not intelligence. What is? Jeopardy! It's not easy in the least to get a computer to be able to do this, but they think they got it and on Feb 14~16th we are going to find out if that's what going to happen! Check your local listings for this epic battle! I for one welcome our computer overlords. Rofl. Really though it should be very interesting and I can't wait! My dad is even getting home from work early on those days to watch!

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
02-11-2011 05:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE: Computer Jeopardy Challenge! The computer takeover starts here.

I totally just set my DVR to record those three episodes.??The longest I ever watched Jeopardy! was when Ken Jennings was on and kept winning.??Now, they're bringing him back along with the all-time money-winning champion (Ken Jennings is the all-time longevity champion... won like 70-something episodes in a row) and pitting them both against a super computer.??That's brilliant!??xD

If only Sean Connery were in there somewhere this would be the best SNL parody ever!??Laugh

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
02-11-2011 06:13 AM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

RE: Computer Jeopardy Challenge! The computer takeover starts here.

Sweet that you are going to record it, well done sir. And yes, 74 times I think it was at least that's what I remember from the video. Watch the video it's worth it I tell you!

And I didn't think of that..yes..yes that would be funny indeed. However, charismatic as Sean is, a challenge for Watson he would be not not. All you would need then is to get it to talk in a better sounding accent than his. What is, showing up Mr. Connery for 1600 please. He he he.

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
02-11-2011 07:09 AM