Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If any Halo game were free, would you play them for...
Drak231 Offline

If any Halo game were free, would you play them for...

Gameplay or Story?

Me and my friend are having a talk about if people play for the gameplay of Halo or it's story.

So, topic!

P.S. : Don't say both please, choose between the 2!

[Image: 07e3058w.png]
02-11-2011 12:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Icy Offline
I can use Sight in RL!!!

RE: If any Halo game were free, would you play them for...

Off playing halo 1, 2 and 3, i would choose Story line, cuz if it was all about the gameplay, that game would be thrown in the garbage since halo 1. *puts my Lucius's Fierce Armor of Volcano on*, but all in all i really think halo was one of the worst games gameplay wise. I'm not much of a fan of having to shoot someone with a BR 9-12 times just to kill them, im more of a 2 in the chest 1 in the head fella. However story line wise halo 1 was the best, 2 and 3 they ran out of ideas and needed to make money off something great, but failed at improvement.

But this is coming from someone who hated Gears of war with passion and sticks to Call of duty black ops (since modern warfare 2 sucked major donkey...you get my drift) and black ops can't get sights on correctly....God what is it with games lately.

[Image: h6178ca9b.gif]

Icy- 99/70 HP
Super Icy- 99/99 Super Novice
MSG. Icy- 92/70 Gunslinger
.Icy.- 83/52 champ
:Icy:- 79/50 blacksmith
02-11-2011 12:44 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

They all sucked. Except 1. Only 1 for the story. Rest sucked and were forced upon Bungie
02-11-2011 02:01 PM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

I liked the first one's story and the second one's online multiplayer.
And Icy, you best be trollin'
You complain about an arbitrary gameplay mechanic for a whole franchise, then you go about kissing another's ass(?)... And then insult it too? The hell...
02-11-2011 11:52 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

FIRST OFF
MW2 kicks blacks ops ass.
SECOND OFF
If there wasn't for halo, call of duty probably wouldn't exist since Halo pretty much set the bar for FPS games.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
02-13-2011 03:06 AM
Icy Offline
I can use Sight in RL!!!

Wrong golden eye set the bar for FPS's.

Silly new age gamers =P

And by the way, I am very particular with my games, I tend to choose the least suckiest cuz in my opinion, there are not very many good games out there period. Which is why I still play my sega mastersystem and dreamcast. I tend not to kiss ass because if it was up to me, I wouldn't play any of them, besides maybe call of duty 4. Modern suckfare 2 was filled with fail, hax, exploits, and noobtard'ed weapons. Halo was great in the beginning...than when gaylo 2 came out it all turned sour. Gears...don't get me started on that. Let's not forget the solo games like failout new vegas, which was beatable in a week, counting with the expansion pack, I mean hell they had fallout 3 which was epic, why couldn't they just think outside the box and make it cooler. Only game that in my opinion met standards to me was oblivion. It was detailed, great story, many things to do, u can make different classes that are not the same as your main BK'er. Even though making a brewer in oblivion was pointless, it was interesting how it was set up.

Enough messaging on my cell cuz its 2:30 by me and am willing to discuss in details any comments towards me on here tomorrow.

Icy- 99/70 HP
.Icy.- 83/52 champ
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2011 03:29 AM by Icy.)
02-13-2011 03:20 AM
Drak231 Offline

so far, only one clear vote :

1 - story
0 - gameplay

[Image: 07e3058w.png]
02-14-2011 06:10 AM
Rankin Offline
Durp

Love you Icy. Golden Gun and double grenade launchers made that game nuts 8D
02-14-2011 07:19 AM
Icy Offline
I can use Sight in RL!!!

My reason for hating halo gameplay is clearly because of the whole overshield, and weapons that don't kill enemies in 2-3 hits. This is the future, if we can have People who can carry 3 ton armor around and jump higher than shaq, where is the weapons to take enemies down. Hell i think the only fun part about the game was the flood (Which i know many of you all hated). Space weapons we can't reload, grenade launchers that enemies eat and ask for seconds.

And don't argue that sniper rifle crap, yea headshot works, but try getting the ammo for the weapon, or better yet, explain to me why its the ONLY weapon that can kill an enemy w/ 1 headshot, yet a grenade launcher to the face they chew, swallow, and turn into extra ammo for themselves.

Since i need to go into more details about why i bashed CoD too.

MW2:
6 perks (3+3 for each bonus which gives people somethign irrelevant to the initial perk), dual shotguns, grenade launchersx2, Shotguns w/ primaries, unlimited grenade launcher ammo, unlimited care packages, Nukes, more nukes, Groundwar exploits, More exploits, nukes, elevators (You know what i mean), Wall's (You know what i also mean for those of you who like to be morpheus in people's bathroom), Easy Story Line (Beat it on vet. in 1 night, while working overnight at my old job), lack of good co-op online, the fact that 90% of MW2 Players only play on 30% of the map, and forget that there is a whole other 70% still needing to be ventured. To me it was a game for noobs who didn't know how to play a FPS.

Black Ops:
Acog scope is backwards, guns sound like pop guns to me, Lvling exploits out the ***, tricks for noobs to get golden guns at lvl 1 prestige 1, Fixed Exploits, People who panic because they ran outta noobtubes, People who complain because you now have to be GOOD to get CoDMoneyz to get BETTER weapons and, have to be even BETTER to get PERK bonuses.

Black ops is more visual upsets than gameplay, and the storyline wasn't all that, but online is pretty fun and has a good challenge, and zombies are scarier solo imo =P.

Goldeneye was the ONLY FPS that ever met Top standards of both Solo, Coop, and Deathmatch. If that game was to get onto Xbl, PsN...CoD, Halo, GoW, Metal gear solid, w/e other games are good on the PsN would stop, and the world will hit Goldeneye harder than MvC3, because that is the ultimate root for all FPS online gameplay.

Icy- 99/70 HP
.Icy.- 83/52 champ
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2011 01:17 PM by Icy.)
02-14-2011 01:13 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

You have to admit, the new Goldeneye was pretty damn good. But I need to replay the N64 version again to even begin to compare them
02-14-2011 02:05 PM