No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should Standard Battlegrounds be implemented
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

Should Standard Battlegrounds be implemented

Simple question, should the real BG with woe reductions, 1k HP crystals that take 1 damage per hit, and respawns be implemented on this server?
02-23-2011 04:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eldakar Offline
DevYne SublYme KevYne

RE: Should Standard Battlegrounds be implemented

Yes and with the randomized team.

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
02-23-2011 04:21 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

First of all, it's crystals on one map and food storage on the other.??The difference being that crystals are immune to skills (like an emperium that takes 1000 hits to kill) and the food storage is not immune to skills (still one damage from everything, but you can hit it with skills as well).??

And you ask this question as if there's evidence to suggest that we should not have normal BG to begin with. I don't understand, and have never been told, why normal BG was not an option for heRO in the first place. It already has 5v5 matches as a default option.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2011 05:00 PM by azurerogue.)
02-23-2011 04:59 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

You know how to solve our PVP problem? Attract players who like to pvp. And you know how to do that? Not buy implementing headgears (lets face it, we have enough), not buy making custom monsters and dungeons (We're lacking when it comes to dungeons anyways). But by doing things that cater to them, buy implementing BG, offering guild packages, advertising as a woe server. Every new players I meet who is interest in WoE on this server leaves after a day when they find out who bad it is. 9 times out of ten I find a player who wants to woe and they're gone the next day.

The problem with normal BG is that I can imagine the big woe guilds abusing it but I mean, BG isn't only for items. But guilds who are interested in parties and having fun would love the friendly competition that BG offers. Sure its abusable but how do you expect people to benefit from the items that BG offers when you can only do it every 3 hours. And by the time you get to make it to BG, you get RANDOMLY chosen so you still might not even make it in, then you get to wait another three hours to get a chance to play.
It helps people get the woe mats that they would normally have to spend hours per week farming and plus its not that bad to do in your spare time, since woe reducts are added, its a good place to get a feel for woe. Why not have this for our server? All people do is complain about how bad it is to prepare for woe and the BG weps are probably the best PVP weps that you can get for a char other than god items and MVP cards. So nows your chance to catch up to those lucky vet's who make woe "horrible for everyone."

The problem I have with this BG is that its pretty much going to be a cloak fest since sins have such a large map to hide on and they'll be waiting it out in the corner until theres one person left or the decide to give up. I can imagine some people taking advantage of that just to mess with people and hinder them from completing it.
SO PLEASE, PLEASE implement the normal BG and see how it works out, thats all we're asking for. Just give it a try and see how it works. Sure the eathena version of BG may be bugged but lots of servers have gotten it a year and a half ago and its running just fine for them. And the best part is, they did it without making its players wait and volunteer for testing. If the GMs want to implement something that they consider BG at least get player feedback before implementing it and if you take out the essential components of BG, don't even bother calling it BG in the first place.

TL;DR

AT LEAST ASK THE PLAYERS WHAT THEY WANT. BG IS GOOD FOR SERVERSSS

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2011 06:17 PM by Landon.)
02-23-2011 05:57 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Due to time restriction, i can't really do WoE, i do however want to experience it since i have zero experience on it. Having battle grounds should compensate that, although i'd probably be used as a door mat by veterans, but no matter since it's always you kill or killed.
I'm just a social player, but i'd really want to try PvP oriented events or instances. I don't respond to PvP shout outs on main since i never have enough time to prepare for them due to randomness.
I do hope it gets implemented.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
02-23-2011 07:47 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Veterans in my opinion deserve to have one of the standardized versions of BG, after all it was approved way back in 2007.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
02-23-2011 09:26 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I have never tried the official BG. As such, I can safely say: I don't know.
02-24-2011 12:55 PM
Frankasm Offline
Alicia and I...together forever

Greatly over powered gears. No thanks.

[Image: idh9x3.jpg]
-------------------------------------------------------
Kensei - Champion
Kensou - Soul Linker
Aubraxis - Creator
Dripht - Professor
-Apollo- - Clown
Driphtous - High Priest
Dripther - Sniper
Devotion of Alicia - Crusader
Baraxcus- Super Novice
Keiichi Maebara - Gunslinger
02-26-2011 01:17 AM
Shikari Offline
Br?

BG gears arent OP, they mostly only increase/decrease dmg on demi human, thus theyre only for pvp and woe, and the couple of demi-human monsters, AND they're accessible to everyone so its not like people could really complain about not having them, AND they would help smaller guilds start woeing since they'll have decent gears.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
05-15-2011 12:41 PM
Elements Offline

didnt some gm say that the usual bg cant be implemented, due to our current SVN? It has also been stated somewhere, that once its possible, the other maps get implemented, and randomized.

the current Schedule kind of BG is totally fine, if you ask me.

[Image: 88c809e550.gif]
05-15-2011 12:58 PM