Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
noob questions that needs simple answers
WorldGovernment Offline
the ex-whiner

noob questions that needs simple answers

questions that are answerable by yes or no

1.) does ice wall prevent aoe attacks from hitting the members on the other side? (ex. hell's judgement)

2.) do mvps attack ice wall? (ex. beelzebub)

3.) can an Evil Druid carded armor prevent
*3a. Pulse Strike
3b. Hell's Judgement
*3c. Expulsion
*3d. Vampire Gift
*3e. Acid Breath

3f. Soul Drain
[*tbh, im not really sure what these skills do so it'll help if you can put a brief description of the skill]

4.) does pneuma prevent
(the skills mentioned at question #3)

5.) if a monster uses stone skin, will it's defense increase tremendously thus making ice pick more effective? or will it be just damage reduction?

6.) (stupid question but i'd ask it to clear my mind) according to RMS, bee only summons mobs if his slaves are <=5, and everytime he summons, he summons 3chonchons along with the others, does this mean that if we can kill all the hellflies and leave 6chonchons unharmed, he would only fight with just those slaves?

7.) about bee's teleport being cancel-able, does this mean he casts tele and if we hit it while casting it, he'd stop?

8.) okay, this is an embarrassing question, when provoking an aggro mob who's attacking someone already, will it turn to the one who provoked it or will it continue in attacking it's target? (namely hell fly)

(optional, not y/n question)
9.) what is evil land?
10.) well i've been watching some guides in killing bee and was wondering, why aren't there wizards spamming skills on him?

thanks to those who'll give some of their time answering my noob questions Icon_wink i'd really appreciate each HELPFUL reply in this threadNo1
02-24-2011 03:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE: noob questions that needs simple answers

1) no
2) no
3a-c,e,f) no
3d) Potentially, I'm not sure on this one since I don't wear ED there.
4a,b,e) yes
4c,d,f) no
5) pretty sure it's just damage reduc, not sure on this
6) yup, but you better be damned careful not to accidentally kill a chonchon
7) 0 second cast time on tele, so not really interruptible
8) not sure, but if it's boss tagged you can't voke it iirc
9) imagine sanctuary in pvp while you have ED on
10) didn't see the guides you mentioned so don't really know what you're talking about on this one

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
02-24-2011 04:26 AM
WorldGovernment Offline
the ex-whiner

@corp. thanks for the answers
8. im talking about the chonchons, if it'll work on them Icon_biggrin
9. hmm, is this the same as what banshee make? will ED make people immune from this?
10. well i used youtube as my guide and never saw a beelze hunting team with a wiz
02-24-2011 04:50 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

1) no, but it counts as blocking sight pathing for monsters if the path is completely blocked off, thus setting the monster into idle out of chase mode. This may sound confusing, but the monsters cannot see that you are there, yet you qualify to be in spell range regardless (example: Seyren Windsor. He won't chase you because you are out of sight range, but he will spear boomerang you instead because you are in spell range, and spear boomerang is what he does if he is not chasing anyone in particular, yet the AI detects a valid target is around.)

2) no, they will not purposely attack ice wall as they are scripted to only target players. That doesn't mean that an attack may have the side effect of destroying them, especially AoE spells/skills. In case for beelzebub as you are mostly asking about it: vampire's gift is specially coded to instantly destroy ice wall, heal the user of vampire's gift equal to the max HP of the ice wall, yet beelzebub is using this spell as a damage dealer but not intentionally using it to target ice wall.

3) evil druid cannot prevent any of those skills, but undead lv 1 naturally resist poison attacks by 50%, so you will reduce acid breath damage by 50%. Undead cannot be poisoned naturally, so you will also escape the effect of 80% poison by acid breath.

Highly comprehensive be-all-end-all monster skill database: click here

4) Pneuma prevents any physical based attacks that are either forcibly classified (as "always ranged" or any attacks that can be melee/ranged depending on position of you relative to the monster. If you are 4 or more cell away from the user of a physical attack, then it's considered range and thus pneuma can block it. There are exceptions, mainly vampire's gift and earthquake.

5) Stone skin is not a direct increase in defense, but rather functions like assumptio that it's a % reduction/increase at the very end of the damage formula. It will not affect ice pick. Ice pick is hailed as a very strong weapon against beelzebub because of its 200 vit, not because of stone skin. You will not see damage increase against bee with the ice pick as bee is never death and activates stone skin.

there's some mystery elements regarding stone skin however that the above interpretation may not be entirely true beyond level 1 stone skin. You can physically attack a lv 5 stone skin user, yet the damage is not reduced to 0 (as it should be level*20% reduction). However, a lv 6 stone skin allows a monster to *absorb asura strike* as a heal. It's very evident when you do 100k asura damage, and a lv 6 stone skin user heals 20k instead, suggesting that stone skin reduced the attack down to "negative 20%" So there's contradicting evidence. Even iRO wiki is not sure of this, so they only describe what level 1 stone skin do.

6) As long as bee has 6 slaves, regardless of what they are, then bee will not use summon slave. If bee has 5 slaves or less, bee will immediately spawn 10 hell flies in addition to whatever slaves it has. The 3 chonchon and 7 hell flies are just the initial slaves. Additional slaves are always hell flies.

With that in mind, it is impossible to fight beelzebub with only chonchons as slaves. The most ideal slave count is 3 chonchon and 3 hell fly at best (this is disregarding the practicality aspect).

7) his cast tie is also 0 second. If you can disrupt a theoretically disruptable cast that is 0 seconds in cast time, turn yourself in to the GM now for insane hacking abilities.

8) a much tougher question than you think which is not embarassing at all. Because you see the monster mapflag allows it to change target until quite a few circumstances, I actually don't know the precise condition to change target. I can only tell you what factors come into play:

-distance between current target, and player who is attacking
-distance between current target, and the next closest player
-if the mob is capable to change to "angry mdoe" (refer to galion)
-if the mob used a skill that causes it to move or change location (such as teleport, body relocation, run, back slide)

In most bee setup, the tank is not attacking back at all, yet bee should not change target to chase after the long range attackers, even though in theory they should do so. A factor of 'distance' comes into play, and it discouraged bee to change target. What exact cell range makes it so bee refuses to change target, this I do not know.

If you want to attract hell fly away from the tank and is failing to do so, consider standing closer then attack the fly again. Be careful that when a monster recalls all of its slave, all of its slave will default the master's target to be their target.

9) see the comprehensive monster skill database

10) wizards break lex aeterna, which coupled with an ice pick attack, is considered an inferior way for damage dealing. Stone skin activates way too late for it to be abusable factor even if bee takes an additional 100% bonus magic damage when lv 5 stone skin is turned on. No status effect works on the flies. LoV and SG are both negated by the flies' element, and MS is too unreliable as a way to hit-lock the flies who got a very short animation delay. Heaven's drive only hits 5 times which is also too short to force the flies into animation delay. Spamming to this degree makes them rely extensively on SP which Bee happily burns off with wide soul drain, thus they are resorted to ganbantein/safety wall most of the time only. You'll need to burn off too many sp recovery item then.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2011 04:58 AM by Namine.)
02-24-2011 04:55 AM
WorldGovernment Offline
the ex-whiner

wew iro wiki has all the skills desc. sorry for me not exhausting all possible info sources Sorry all the other questions can only be answered by experience tho
02-24-2011 04:58 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Mix of experience and understanding mechanics. There are times when the 2 contradict each other though... I still don't understand why fire breath is not used immediately by gloom under night when hit by a Sniper, as theoretically it'll do that right away, but most snipers will say otherwise when you ask any of them.

But it's things like this with all the required planning to beat the AI that makes PvM interesting and fun (for me)~

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
02-24-2011 05:04 AM
WorldGovernment Offline
the ex-whiner

@namine. i see, very helpful answers thank you.

most of the questions are now cleared tyvm /thx;

can i post another question which just came to me now?
it's regarding blade stop(i've never tried using this on normal mobs, so i dont really know if it'll work on mobs or just players)

1.) does blade stop work on monsters?(i might check it now tho but an answer would be much appreciated too)
2.) if ever a boss recalls his slaves during blade stop(if blade can work on mobs) will they be recalled while on a no move/skill position?
02-24-2011 05:08 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

1) yes blade stop works on monsters. In previous svn, it's the primary way to deal with bio3 monsters. It doesn't work against boss flagged monsters.

2) A slave, when recalled, will always be in the state that its summoner is in in terms of aggressive nature, target, and speed. If it was attacking, but summoned and its master is not attacking, then the monster will not attack either. If the master is attacking, then the slave *must* try everything in its power to join in the attack at the target the master is attacking, regardless of how awkward it is (lady tanee/kraben).

Your theoretical question can never happen, because the master is not allowed to cast recall slaves when it's in the middle of blade stop to begin with.

When you cast blade stop on the master, the slaves will continue to attack because the master is still trying to attack its designated target, but just not allowed to. As long as the master is trying to attack a certain target (regardless if it succeeds or not), then the slaves will also try to attack that same target.

This is true for all scenarios *EXCEPT ANKLE SNARE* where a monster is at a state of limbo under ankle snare. We don't know if it really has no attack target within a snare, or if it has a target and tries to attack but fail to do so. A master under effect of snare shown flip-flop tendency rather if its mobs stand idle along side the master (meaning master lost its attack target and changed to "idle" state), or if it keeps attacking (meaning master has an attack target.)

Note: this ankle snare problem is only in eA and not a problem for official servers as they fixed it quite awhile ago, so you won't find any useful/updated info about this in irowiki.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2011 05:30 AM by Namine.)
02-24-2011 05:27 AM
WorldGovernment Offline
the ex-whiner

wait. im talking about blade stopping the hell flies :D and if beelze can recall them while at that status Icon_biggrin
02-24-2011 06:08 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Hell flies is also boss flagged, so that particular scenario is covered in answer 1) as well.

02-24-2011 01:33 PM