Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BG Plans + Discussion
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE:??BG Plans + Discussion

azurerogue Wrote:Yea, if BG was a constant thing having newbs (or noobs) join wouldn't be so bad.??The fact that heRO has decided to make it a scarce resource (investment opportunity) makes it disproportiantely more frustrating to have unprepared team members.??For example, consider you get paired with a bunch of noobs who sit and chat (like so many people on this server do in the regular PvP room) instead of competing.??It would suck.??With normal BG settings you might get frustrated but you can justify it in a number of ways: 1. I'm still getting badges, 2. I'll just join again in a few minutes and get a better team, 3. I'll make sure I don't team with these nubs ever again.

On heRO we've removed all but justification 1. due to BG having enormous delays as well as being randomized.

[EDIT: Speaking of which, why not just have several BG maps so that when too many people register we throw the extras onto another map and initiate a second BG?]

Randomness is fine, but randomness and huge delays will lead to some players giving up on the whole idea.??I personally don't care and won't play BG until rewards are added (so I can decide if the time investment is worth it for me personally).??I find standard BG more fun, as well, sadly.

Indeed.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
03-15-2011 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

RE: BG Plans + Discussion

the WoE reductions don't apply to the reduce in flee. fix? :o

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
03-19-2011 12:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply