Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BG Plans + Discussion
Vollty Offline
Me!

RE: BG Plans + Discussion

To randomize teams is a good idea.
I would prefer to have flav and tiara, with a NPC to get the vouchers/medals, because otherwise there will be many afk chars....
hmm for banned skills may all skills which are banned in woe too? => Ice Wall, Basillica, etc..
Also i would prefer to WoE reduction because it would make bg more interesting
To get more people stay in BG i would items like OCA or DCA for vouchers.
Or Pots/Bombs/EDPs however Bombs/Pots/EDPs for a high amount of vouchers

ING:
Granus
Lorn
Holy Revenga
02-25-2011 01:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

bumping this.

if people whine and complain about BG when it does come out again about stuff, then it's their own damn fault for not joining T&D to help test or posting in this thread stating their suggestion.

n____________n

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
03-05-2011 06:00 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

So today, heRO's BG was put back into the main server again.

I'd like to say thanks to the GMs for the fixes they applied. However, there's still quite a few things that are off and I believe need fixing.

1) Why do numbers show up? Unless i'm mistaken, they're not supposed to show up at all. If we're going to follow WoE standards, this should be a part of them. I heard somewhere that this was going to be fixed, so this section is really just to confirm if that is true.

2) If we're going to follow KvM mostly, why not just make it completely KvM? I noticed we're following most of the mechanics for it now, but is there any way we can also put in the "respawn in the original corner and sit there until next game"? Either that or have some sort of display at the top of the screen such that you see how many of each team is left.

3) While I understand that the GMs want to control how fast people can get BG gears, why not just make the BG cooldown on the character rather than the whole server? A 2 or 3 hour cooldown timer on the character would allow for you to stop a person from continuously participating and getting gears too quickly while not restricting any unlucky individuals who weren't able to get in the previous round.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
03-05-2011 10:15 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

Corporal Wrote:3) While I understand that the GMs want to control how fast people can get BG gears, why not just make the BG cooldown on the character rather than the whole server? A 2 or 3 hour cooldown timer on the character would allow for you to stop a person from continuously participating and getting gears too quickly while not restricting any unlucky individuals who weren't able to get in the previous round.

This.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2011 12:20 AM by Landon.)
03-06-2011 12:18 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

To be honest, BG right now is just stupid. Some people go in there completely ungeared and it ends up being highly stacked teams on one end just destroying the other. Combine this with the fact it only happens once per 2-3 hours and the end result is me being angry. If we're going to only have this once per 2-3 hours then please, add restrictions to it because as of now, having a lvl 80 gc sader in my team who asks me if he should gc or heal makes this BG useless.

I'm tired of going in there to end up being with people who have nothing to contribute to a team effort and are just in to get ''free points".

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2011 08:25 PM by Gojira.)
03-06-2011 08:24 PM
Vinara Offline

I don't care about pvp and battlegrounds, so I have no idea how it works, but is it necessary to announce the winners to the whole server? Or will it just be announced as long as it's "new"? Because to me it's kinda annoying..

My opinion may have changed, but not the fact that I'm right. Icon_razz
~ Vinara ~ Parapluie ~ Koyu ~ Pania ~ Venin ~ Veila ~ Ceryni ~
03-06-2011 09:13 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

RE:??BG Plans + Discussion

Vinara Wrote:I don't care about pvp and battlegrounds, so I have no idea how it works, but is it necessary to announce the winners to the whole server? Or will it just be announced as long as it's "new"? Because to me it's kinda annoying..

Its a one line announcement every 2-3 hours. Its not that bad.

Also I noticed maybe 20-30 people are coming out to do BG which is great and all but half of them are being denied which imo is sort of unfair, I know a few people who have been turned down 3+ times in a row. Could we maybe change the time restrictions to get more people going?

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
03-06-2011 10:51 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

Also - before I forget.

The flee reduction that's supposed to happen in WoE doesn't happen in BG. If anything, that's one of the more important aspects of WoE reducs.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
03-07-2011 02:57 AM
Vinara Offline

RE: ??BG Plans + Discussion

Landon Wrote:
Vinara Wrote:I don't care about pvp and battlegrounds, so I have no idea how it works, but is it necessary to announce the winners to the whole server? Or will it just be announced as long as it's "new"? Because to me it's kinda annoying..

Its a one line announcement every 2-3 hours. Its not that bad.

Also I noticed maybe 20-30 people are coming out to do BG which is great and all but half of them are being denied which imo is sort of unfair, I know a few people who have been turned down 3+ times in a row. Could we maybe change the time restrictions to get more people going?
of course it's not "that bad"
i think woe announcements are annoying too, but that's just twice a week so it's okay..
but 8-12 announcements which i really don't care about every day?
of course, if you use the battlegrounds, you don't think that they're "that bad"..

My opinion may have changed, but not the fact that I'm right. Icon_razz
~ Vinara ~ Parapluie ~ Koyu ~ Pania ~ Venin ~ Veila ~ Ceryni ~
03-07-2011 06:30 AM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

So I've been picking up skulls now and then after win/loose BG. About 20minutes ago I noticed something about Negativity's Skull. Which, he was the first to reach 100 points in BG and is currently in the lead. Congrats.

Unlike all the other skulls which read's 'so-and-so's Skull' in white lettering, his looks like this. 'Negativity's Skull' When you go to look at it, his name is in blue like everyone else's but the rest is in green.

Considering that I've never seen this before and someone I showed it to before this post did a quick Google search on it and came up with nothing, I can safely surmise that this is because he is in 1st place in BG. So---cool!~ But..what is the point of it mmmmm? *hands mic over to GM's*

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
03-09-2011 09:41 PM