Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BG Plans + Discussion
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

RE: BG Plans + Discussion

Oooh! So then perhaps that's simply what it is and it's a coincidence that he is also the BG leader right now. Well what'ya know.

I wasn't sure what you meant there at first til I looked. While I didn't have to 'scroll' I did hover my mouse at the bottom of the item description and to my amazement I saw "Unknown Item" "Turtle General Card" and "Unknown Item" with the TGC being unable to view the picture if you right click. Freaky! ^^

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
03-09-2011 10:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

5am BG, 2 nights in a row it only accepted 12 people even though 14+ had registered. Bug?

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
03-10-2011 06:11 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:????BG Plans + Discussion

Vinara Wrote:
Landon Wrote:
Vinara Wrote:I don't care about pvp and battlegrounds, so I have no idea how it works, but is it necessary to announce the winners to the whole server? Or will it just be announced as long as it's "new"? Because to me it's kinda annoying..

Its a one line announcement every 2-3 hours. Its not that bad.

Also I noticed maybe 20-30 people are coming out to do BG which is great and all but half of them are being denied which imo is sort of unfair, I know a few people who have been turned down 3+ times in a row. Could we maybe change the time restrictions to get more people going?
of course it's not "that bad"
i think woe announcements are annoying too, but that's just twice a week so it's okay..
but 8-12 announcements which i really don't care about every day?
of course, if you use the battlegrounds, you don't think that they're "that bad"..

You're online 24 hours a day?

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-10-2011 11:52 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE: ????BG Plans + Discussion

azurerogue Wrote:
Vinara Wrote:
Landon Wrote:
Vinara Wrote:I don't care about pvp and battlegrounds, so I have no idea how it works, but is it necessary to announce the winners to the whole server? Or will it just be announced as long as it's "new"? Because to me it's kinda annoying..

Also I noticed maybe 20-30 people are coming out to do BG which is great and all but half of them are being denied which imo is sort of unfair, I know a few people who have been turned down 3+ times in a row. Could we maybe change the time restrictions to get more people going?
i think woe announcements are annoying too, but that's just twice a week so it's okay..
of course, if you use the battlegrounds, you don't think that they're "that bad"..

7 days a week too! Icon_biggrin

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
03-10-2011 12:45 PM
Vinara Offline

RE:??????BG Plans + Discussion

Gojira Wrote:
azurerogue Wrote:
Vinara Wrote:
Landon Wrote:

wow.

My opinion may have changed, but not the fact that I'm right. Icon_razz
~ Vinara ~ Parapluie ~ Koyu ~ Pania ~ Venin ~ Veila ~ Ceryni ~
03-10-2011 02:05 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

RE: ??????BG Plans + Discussion

Vinara Wrote:
Gojira Wrote:
azurerogue Wrote:
Vinara Wrote:
Landon Wrote:

wow.
quote box wut?
03-10-2011 02:59 PM
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

I seriously get in this like 25% of the time when I register...
03-11-2011 01:08 AM
Kharas Offline

RE:??BG Plans + Discussion

Gojira Wrote:To be honest, BG right now is just stupid. Some people go in there completely ungeared and it ends up being highly stacked teams on one end just destroying the other. Combine this with the fact it only happens once per 2-3 hours and the end result is me being angry. If we're going to only have this once per 2-3 hours then please, add restrictions to it because as of now, having a lvl 80 gc sader in my team who asks me if he should gc or heal makes this BG useless.

I'm tired of going in there to end up being with people who have nothing to contribute to a team effort and are just in to get ''free points".

Non reborn ungeared chara..no please..they ruin the teams.
03-14-2011 10:33 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Yea, if BG was a constant thing having newbs (or noobs) join wouldn't be so bad.??The fact that heRO has decided to make it a scarce resource (investment opportunity) makes it disproportiantely more frustrating to have unprepared team members.??For example, consider you get paired with a bunch of noobs who sit and chat (like so many people on this server do in the regular PvP room) instead of competing.??It would suck.??With normal BG settings you might get frustrated but you can justify it in a number of ways: 1. I'm still getting badges, 2. I'll just join again in a few minutes and get a better team, 3. I'll make sure I don't team with these nubs ever again.

On heRO we've removed all but justification 1. due to BG having enormous delays as well as being randomized.

[EDIT: Speaking of which, why not just have several BG maps so that when too many people register we throw the extras onto another map and initiate a second BG?]

Randomness is fine, but randomness and huge delays will lead to some players giving up on the whole idea.??I personally don't care and won't play BG until rewards are added (so I can decide if the time investment is worth it for me personally).??I find standard BG more fun, as well, sadly.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2011 01:12 PM by azurerogue.)
03-14-2011 01:05 PM
Zabu Offline

any news about BG rewards? =D
03-15-2011 02:51 PM