Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Life Link Armor..like Life Tree Shoes?
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

Life Link Armor..like Life Tree Shoes?

I recently got me a Life Link Armor...huzza via super secret means! (sneeky sneeky) It has the following stats.

9DEF
MDEF + 5, VIT + 2.
Natural HP Recovery Rate + 50%

Pretty awesome right? Well, I was hoping that I, as a Lord Knight with my mighty Tension Relax (speeds up natural HP regeneration and HP restored by Increase HP Recovery by three times) would be able to use this to my super advantage and then my Regen would be at x6 normal! How awesome would that be!? Well, upon getting it I was sadly disappointed...it didn't work like that like I was hoping. However, upon closer look, my 'normal' regen didn't didn't seem to increase at all either which got me asking if this item really works for us or not.

Is it like the Vital Tree Shoes / Life Tree Wooden Shoes? It's not quite the same coding of course but perhaps it still falls into the area of it. Like Namine said in a recent auction.

Namine Wrote:MaxHP + 10%
Recover 30 HP every 10 seconds.
Increases recovery from the heal skill and recovery items by 5%.Increase the effect of Heal spell by 5%
MDEF + 3, VIT + 2

This is because it seems like either Healpower2 remains dyfunctional in our svn, or we didn't switch the item scripts over yet from the old scripts to the new one known as Healpower2.

Doesn't exactly detract the awesomeness of the shoes by a lot, just by a small bit.)

For these, it detracts from the awesomeness quite a BIT. Anybody got any answers, GM or otherwise?

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
02-24-2011 05:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Life Link Armor..like Life Tree Shoes?

Don't even compare the crap known as life link to (what should have been) one of the top tier footwear options in the game.

Regen % doesn't apply to your entire regeneration which is a pity, as it only applies to your max hp portion and not your vit portion. From the math side of things:

HP Recovery = [([Vit/5] + [MaxHP/200])*RecoveryMods].

Life Link will change it so you have a recovery modifier of 1.5. So assuming you have 12k hp, vit of 97 and life link as your only recovery modifier, you will regen 109.4 HP every 6 seconds (sitting means this occurs every 3 second. Tension relax change it so you regen that every second.)

So all life link did, assuming you have 12k hp, is a measly 30 hp increase in regen per second even under tension relax. Congratulations on a boost of regen that results to 0.25% of your hp...?

HP recovery modifiers are additive in nature. Adding a wooden golem card to your life link will boost the regen by 18 HP only in that scenario above.

All in all, super underwhelming.

Life Tree Wooden Shoes in the *current* heRO coding, allows you to use Heal spell with 5% boost. Luckily, HP can use it to boost their heal even more while retaining a very respectable max hp boost, thus making it very worthwile (same applies to paladins who can use heal of course). Another boost is that it's *the* best footwear for retro woe, with a natural bulk of 4 def, non-trans-friendly, and 10% max hp without cards. A heal boost on top of that makes it the unparalleled retro woe shoes from the gods.

Life Tree Wooden Shoes with the "original" script will not give a boost to using Heal, but instead all incoming heal gets boosted by 5%. This becomes the godsend to devotion Paladins as all your fish, potions of all kinds, pitched pots, heals, sanctuary are boosted a 5% directly at all times. Really this is super beneficial to all classes that receive heals frequently or spam potions, greatly reducing cost of items in WoE and increase your survivability by quite a bit because your pot spam is that much better (therefore, forcing your opponent to step it up in DPS to overcome your heal spam, and allows you to recover from a burst damage much faster.)

Either version of life tree wooden shoes will give you more recovery than like a lackluster at-most ~40 hp regen every 6 seconds when you aren't sitting. Even a +3 vit stat enchant life link will be hardpressed to find its niche because you aren't going to refine it to a +7 to get enough def out of it, even though +5 vit armor will save you plenty of stat points.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
02-24-2011 06:25 PM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

RE: Life Link Armor..like Life Tree Shoes?

WELL..that certainly answers that..and a very rapid response, just didn't get to my post back til now.

Your right in that the current configuration isn't quite as appealing as what it's supposed to do, but doing more in your healing certainly has it's perks for those classes, yeah. Certainly right, those Shoes are very good indeed better than I was thinking. For Retro WoE no doubt they are the best.

And yes, you are correct with that on my HP regen is increased so little that it's not worth it. Heck, with the 800+ HP boost that lvl 5 ToH Wings give me I get better regeneration, AND the higher HP. I was really hoping that they would cut my Tension Relax time in half as then they certainly would be worth it very much. Granted if you could get some to +7 there are various uses for them to get the most bang for your buck..after all, it's all those 'little' boosts from this and that which add up--and that +5 MDEF isn't bad either, along with the VIT boost. While I know someone that had a +7, it's just not worth it to me now to invest in that with the equipment that I have now. Still, it's a nice little item and I'm sure that I'll manage to find a use for it somehow--if only in saving it til I DO plan to get a +7..but we'll see.

Anyway thanks for your quick and precise answers on this Namine. /no1

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
02-27-2011 05:54 AM