Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Japan 9.0 magnitude earthquake
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

RE: Japan 8.9 magnitude earthquake

I'm awed by the workers that are working in the nuclear reactors. Sacrificing their lifespan to save more people and preventing the radiation from spreading.

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
03-17-2011 07:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

but..., er, isn't that their job? I figured they must've made a tough decision before joining this.

thank goodness you're ok, Yuki!

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
03-17-2011 08:01 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

The companie don't force them to work in the reactors ngjoko Icon_razz it was their choice.
03-17-2011 08:05 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE: Japan 9.0 magnitude earthquake

Necro ftw, but well-deserved.

I'm not sure which outlet to believe anymore with everyone blaming each other for hiding this or exaggerating that.??So here are a few things I've found today.

Cooling tower for reactor 4 at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is supposedly leaning and highly unstable. A collapse is imminent which could spill tons of spent fuel rods (which are potentially more dangerous than unspent fuel rods given their high instability) into the environment.[link]

Another more recent news story says the southern wall of reactor 4 has actually collapsed [link] whereas a third source says it was removed in a planned action.[link]

The Wall Street Journal just now released a statement from the Japanese Prime Minister saying, "The reactors have reached a cold shutdown stage, where safety at the plant can be assured."[link]

TEPCO's attempts at correcting everything are widely apparent in Japan with "men in white suits" moving en masse to Fukushima prefecture.??All of these men and women risking their lives to restore the area deserve the greatest of commendations, imo.

As the Wall Street Journal says, Fukushima Daiichi having reached "cold shutdown" is a hell of a milestone.??It deserves to be celebrated.??However, the potential for a more widespread nuclear disaster on top of the one already having occurred in March is worth knowing.??I necroed for both of these reasons.??Ok

Everyone feel free to debate.??I'm just filling you in on the latest news and speculations in case you haven't been following it.??No1

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
12-16-2011 07:41 AM